IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sudhaya

Kirtans all over

Rate this topic

Where exactly are you looking and seeing that they are over. I am just curious.

If anything they might be on a break because a lot of the devotees who used to do kirtan on the streets were bramacari's and now they are householders so its time to gather reinforcements and everything will be back. We will be back rocking the streets.

I mean here in vancouver we go out on harinam during boxing day, new years, the annual fireworks and other days so it might vary from city to city.

"somewhere" that you "read" this "info"?

They are done here in the US. Prabhupada introduced this to the western world. He obviously thought we were ready and that is all that matters to me. I don't care about someone else's opinion of whether we are ready or not.

'western world is not ready for kirtans'

actally looking at the above, make me want to go on a solo kirtan, with people joining me, lol

when you not supposed to do something, then it always feels good when ya do it! rebel!

Are you saying we are not "supposed" to go on sankirtan?

Anyway, three of us have told you here that sankirtans are going on in the western world but you seem stuck on some statement that we are not ready and they are not going on and now we are not supposed to have them.

I know devotees who go out every week and I also know some that go alone so I do not understand where or how you have come up with this idea.

somebody meant that a particular style of kirtan might not be better than another. Like trading in the kartals and dhotis for khakis and guitars. But the congregational chanting is the yuga-dharma.