IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mac00uk

Swaminarayan was god supreme

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thats cool, we Swaminarayan followers worship Lord Krishna as well. You say "lack of evidence", but there is enough evidence that declares lord Swaminarayan was God. But as you do not want to believe in such evidence it is down to you.

Second of all Swaminarayan is one name. It is written in one name as well. they are not two different names.

thirdly Lord swaminarayan wasnt only for Gujarat. He travelled much of India and there are temples all over India and worldwide.

Fourthly in Lord Swaminarayans time people realised He was God Himself. You are mistaken when you say that AFTER lord Swaminarayan departed to Golok people followed Him as God. This is untrue. you should learn the works Og Lord Swaminarayan before you provide such remarks.

It is good to know you respect Lord Sahajanand Swami at least unlike many other people who even try to insult Him in many cases. But we followers of Lord Swaminarayan also believe tha Lord Chaitanya was God as well.

Thanks for that as you worship Krishna as well just like the original Swaminarayan sampraday who see Krishna and Swaminarayan as well.

Jay Swaminarayan

Jay Shi Krishna

Hare Krishna.

It is said in the bhagavatam, that in this age of Kali Yuga, there will be many religions that are derived from purely fictitious sources, but it is not really our place to say if a certain religion is true or not. We have no grounds.

I feel that people who put down devotees of other religions should realise that it is not of vaishnav etiquette and nature to do so, as this incurs more sin.

So, lets look at positives and rejoice in the fact that Swami Narayan was another conduit in which to promote the vaishnava constitution, regardless of whether we see his as an acarya as god himself.

Guest guest

The following 'proof' was emailed to me. Can anyone actually say whether this is a true quote from the Vishvaksen Samhitah?

In the Vishvaksen Samitah Lord Vishwaksen says:

II Bhumyam krutaavataroham sarvannataam jaganmaham

Praapishyaami vaikuntham Sahajanand Namataha II

This Verse states that :

Among all parts of the universe I take birth on Earth, I shall adore Vaikunth adopting the name Sahajanand. Such scriptures prove Lord Sahajanand Swami (Swaminarayan) as the vedic acceptance of incarnated Suprememe Reality.

The full name Shajanand is given by Lord Vishvaksen. The Brahmapurana also states such: " Kalouswami Vrushatmaja". That in Kaliyug "i" as in Lord supreme will come as 'Swami' son of Dharm.

Guest guest

dude in the shikshapatri bhagwan swaminarayan refers to krshna this is because in that time valabhacharya who was a vaishnav acharya was strong and everyone followed him.henceforth using krshna in the shikshapatri. another reason is that one of his names was also krshna. and refering to the vachanamrut. well the vachanamrut is the essence of all the shastras not only veds. it is a written copy of all that bhagwan swaminarayan said and the compilers were not mere sadhus who renounced the world because they could not find food. the compilers were all remarkable learned sadhus all were experts in the shastras if you think i am bluffing you can research on each and every compiler of the vachanamrut. for example if i was a doctor and you were a doctor and you go and tell a random person that if you eat apples you will get cancer.he may believe you but i will not as i am a doctor. similarly whatever bhagwan swaminarayan said and whatever these sadhus wrote was with full justification and accordng to the shastras.

And regarding lord swaminarayan as being god. could you please tell me during the era of krishna bhagwan who took him as god.

and if lord swaminarayan was not god,how could it be possible to initiate 500 paramhansas in one night.and mind you they were not ilitrate people. each paramhansa was greater then the other.

Guest guest

dude you are asking for references where in the scriptures it says that swaminarayan is avatari. let me ask you a question how many scriptures hav you read. if you have studied. i repeat STUDIED not read tha scriptures then you would not be asking these questions. If we say that swaminarayan is avatari then we mean it and we say it with full proof. I mean you are not the first person to ask about the authenticity of what we say and believe. Swaminarayan himself has said he is supreme divine god. If you were born 5000 years ago in mathura and if you saw krishna. i gaurantee you wouldnt take him as God.

Guest guest

dude i sugest you go read the vedas which was written by vedvyas ji long before Krishna was born and explain to me which krishna is he refering to as God. Do you even know the meaning of Krishna. I also suggest you find out the sanskrit meaning of Krishna.

Guest guest

you said 'Again this does not seem accurate swaminarayans mothers name wasnt murti devi'.dude shame on you as you say you are a swaminarayan. Bhagvan swaminarayans fathers name was hariprasad also known as dharmadev and mothers name was murtidevi also known as bhakti maataa.

you also said that 'The way i see it is that these swaminarayan guys are taking a big risk especially the ones that claim swaminarayan is the supreme avatari the source of krishna, narayana, shiva etc.

They claim this however it seems a bit strange that this supreme personality is not mentioned in scripture as such if at all mentioned directly anywhere'

in the purans (you got to read them all and find out) it says there is someone greater then brahma vishnu and mahesh. That person is swaminarayan bhagvan.

And regarding the BAPS swaminarayan sect they believe pramukh swami not as God but as a God realised saint. that means God lives in him.Sees through his eyes and talks through his mouth. You being a swaminarayan if you read the vachanamrut maharaj says about the satpurush.

Guest guest

you believe God to be the alldoer, supreme of all. then why do you go looking for answers in the scriptures. the gita was the dialogue between arjun and krishna. if you believe that then why dont you believe lord swaminarayn as God. whenever god comes to earth he does things that are unusual Eg he initiated 500 paramhansas in one night. he had 2000 sadhus in his time. he was worshiped as god supreme in his time. He had the 16 symbols on his feet. He is god and does as he wills. You are like the scientists who ask for evidence that God exists. God is someone you can not understand fully. whatever he does is beyond your knowledge and your level. just as you can not explain to a 5 year old how to perform a bypass surgery. i cannot explain to you that swaminarayan is supreme God. that does not mean that there is no one who can. if you live in gujarat go to sarangpur to the BAPS swaminarayan mandir and ask the santos there to explain you with proof that lord swaminarayan is supreme lord. I am sure you will not be let down.

Guest guest

--- if you were born 5000 years ago in Matura and if you saw Krsna,I guarantee you woudn't take him as God ----

Why exactly would we not recognize the prowess and complete effulgence of the almighty Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna.

Also just curious of course, but since when are so called Acharya's dudes, is that some sort of Siddhi we don't know of ...get on the real DUDES....

Guest guest

Swaminarayan is god. I don't know where you have got 24 from. If you are unsure of anything, please come along to a BAPS mandir and have a chat with our sants, they will enlighten you.

As for Jesus, I strongly recommend you a book- Jesus Lived In India.

Guest guest

Swaminarayan is god. I don't know where you have got 24 from. If you are unsure of anything, please come along to a BAPS mandir and have a chat with our sants, they will enlighten you.

It is PRAMUKH SWAMI not Pramuch swami.

As for Jesus, I strongly recommend you a book- Jesus Lived In India.

Swami-Narayana is devotee of Krishna. That's all I know. You can come and present all your childesh Purports, like what about when? this? that? Even your own book says it, your all Bogus in my eyes. Just like the Christians who say Jesus is God.

Guest guest

In the Vishvaksen Samitah Lord Vishwaksen says:

II Bhumyam krutaavataroham sarvannataam jaganmaham

Praapishyaami vaikuntham Sahajanand Namataha II

This Verse states that :

Among all parts of the universe I take birth on Earth, I shall adore Vaikunth adopting the name Sahajanand. Such scriptures prove Lord Sahajanand Swami (Swaminarayan) as the vedic acceptance of incarnated Suprememe Reality.

The full name Shajanand is given by Lord Vishvaksen. The Brahmapurana also states such: " Kalouswami Vrushatmaja". That in Kaliyug "i" as in Lord supreme will come as 'Swami' son of Dharm.

Vishvaksen Samitah ? where is it from , veda ? purana ? itihasa ? Arayanyaka ??

or did someone e=make it up ?

Guest guest

anyone claiming to be god (krishna) must have the trancendental markings of krishna or incarnation of krishna namely, excuse for not quoting srimad bhagavatam but it is there, lotus, conchshell, disc etc on the feet etc.........

it is said that in india there is god on every corner that is claiming to be god......totally bogus.

usually to make money from followers, the cheaters and the cheated.......

J.S das

anyone claiming to be god (krishna) must have the trancendental markings of krishna or incarnation of krishna namely, excuse for not quoting srimad bhagavatam but it is there, lotus, conchshell, disc etc on the feet etc.........

it is said that in india there is god on every corner that is claiming to be god......totally bogus.

usually to make money from followers, the cheaters and the cheated.......

J.S das

So your saying the only god who exists is krishna? no shiv no indra, brahma? Yes, he had the divine 16 signs on his feet which were seen by only stong devotees. May i add that parmatma IS NOT KRISHNA it (not he or she) is formless only it has many names which people build around. \do your homework next time please

look all of you do some extrememely strong deeeeeeep research on the shikshapatri then tell me who is supreme

Is shikshapatri necessary, when in bhagavad gita krishna clearly says HE IS GOD/ SUPREME? (Unless someone denies gita, then may be he should search elsewhere who is GOD)

So your saying the only god who exists is krishna? no shiv no indra, brahma? Yes, he had the divine 16 signs on his feet which were seen by only stong devotees. May i add that parmatma IS NOT KRISHNA it (not he or she) is formless only it has many names which people build around. \do your homework next time please

Dear akshar,

Pardon me, but instead of telling others to do homework, dont you think that you should have a look what the Gita says? (If you believe in Gita)

yes krishna is the avtari!!!!!! After all ghanshyam (swaminarayan's other birth name) was named krishna. That is the philosiphy of the shikshapatri. How dare you ever call my religion a cult. It is a god realised branch of hinduism. When will you learn that krishna and swamiarayan are the cource of purshottam meaning they not different at all!!!!!! please lern this. Their is no is and buts to this only a yes your right

i strongly believe in the gita but do not forget swaminarayans other name is krishna. They are the source of parmatma. I am sorry for saying do your homework but u must understand when people say bad things about everything you've worked for u can get a little angry. I will work on the gita a little more. I must say you've put views across politely and i respect that unlike people like pankaja das who feels contaminated by swaminarayans which i feel is extreme.

yes krishna is the avtari!!!!!! After all ghanshyam (swaminarayan's other birth name) was named krishna. That is the philosiphy of the shikshapatri. How dare you ever call my religion a cult. It is a god realised branch of hinduism. When will you learn that krishna and swamiarayan are the cource of purshottam meaning they not different at all!!!!!! please lern this. Their is no is and buts to this only a yes your right

Akshar,

I dont have any objection that you believe that swaminarayan is GOD or not. In fact it is a good thing since krishna is connected somehow.

But I do not agree with you saying "Their is no is and buts to this only a yes your right". If you want to share your philosophy and want others to respect it, fine but dont try to impose it.You wont achieve much in this way. Instead show that your views deserve all respects through strong arguments. Just my opinion.

And in the Gita, Krishna is no avatar. He is GOD. If you accept the gita then you should accept that fact.

Supreme Father:

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

“It should be understood that all species of life, o son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed giving father” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 14.4)

“I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire”

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.17)

Supreme Creator: Lord Krishna is the origin of all.

“The whole cosmic order is under me. By my will it is manifested again and again, and by my will it is annihilated at the end” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)

“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)

"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts"

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)

"Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.6)

Supreme Controller: Lord Krishna is the supreme controller.

"I give heat, and I withhold and send forth the rain" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.19)

“With a single fragment of myself I pervade and support this entire universe”

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.42)

Supreme Maintainer:

“The splendor of the sun, which dissipates the darkness of the whole world, comes from me. And the splendor of the moon and the splendor of fire are also from me”

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.12)

“I enter into each planet, and by energy they stay in orbit” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.13)

“This material nature, which is one of my energies is working under my direction”

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.10)

Omnipresent: Lord Krishna is omnipresent, meaning he is present everywhere.

“I am the supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities, I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.20)

Omnipotent: Lord Krishna is omnipotent, meaning he is the greatest.

"There is no truth beyond Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread"

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.7)

Omniscient: Lord Krishna knows the past, present, and the future.

“O Arjuna, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.26)

“Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot!"

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 4.5)

There is Only One God:

“Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way. I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize my true transcendental nature fall down”

(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.24)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sorry about that, didn't mean it like that. It depends what you believe in to find your parmatma</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>