IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dervish

Holy Basil pills

Rate this topic

My dad is taking holy basil pills (New Chapter company sells them). Then I started thinking that perhaps the pills are prepared by pulverizing leaves. Is this some offense? I remember Srila Prabhupad did not want Tulasi leaves boiled to make tea, so I'm thinking this may be similar.

yes, the possibility for offense to Srimati Tulasi Devi is definitely there! better check with some pujaris to get Tulasi leaves which were already offered to Lord Vishnu in exchange for some donation. Double your benefit! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Why dont you grow the Tulsi yourself. I have many Tulsi plants, some of them are around 10 years old. They all lose their leaves in the winter but right now they are back into full green. I have both Ram and Shyan(Krishna) Tulsi Plants.

If you grow yourself then do puja and then consume you will get triple the benefit then buying them from someone else.

Guest guest

Krishna Tulsi: This variety is found in almost all regions of India. It is used in the treatment of infection of the throat and the respiratory system.

Drudriha Tulsi: This variety is found mainly in Nepal, Bengal, Chatgaon and Maharashtra. Its use purifies the gaseous humour in the body known in Ayurvedic terminology as Apaan Vayu.

Ram Tulsi: This variety of Tulsi is found in China, Brazil, Eastern Nepal as well as in Bengal, Bihar, Chatgaon and the Southern States of India. This Tulsi is used to treat a variety of diseases including Leprosy.

Babi Tulsi: This variety of Tulsi is found mainly in the hot and temperate regions of India, particularly from Punjab to Travancore. It is also found in Bengal, Bihar, Oudh, Persia and Middle East. This kind of Tulsi is hot, dry, sharp and bitter. It stimulates nerve endings, thus causing a tingling sensation. It induces apetite, promotes digestion, benefits the heart, increases the secretion of bile, and is easy to digest.

Tukashmiya: This variety of Tulsi is found in Western regions of India and in Persia. It finds its use in the treatment of Throat Disorders, acidity and Leprosy. It imparts strenght to weakened muscles.

Common Uses of Tulsi:

Usually Malaria, Cholera and many diseases that owe their existance to a weakened state of the body tend to spread more easily during transition periods between the seasons, when atmosphereric conditions are changing. The htreat of such diseases can be eliminated by circumambilations around a Tulsi Plant daily in the morning and in the evening. The atmosphere is purified, and pure water and air are rendered even purer by the fragrance of the Tulsi Plant.

Guest guest

Hi thanks for the varieties of tulsi.

Can i have the botanical name of these tulsi plants.

Where can i get those plants any idea.

please mail me at "ram_sp99@"

waiting for your reply.

thanks

swaroop