IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Krishna Possession:Why doesn't Krishna take over my body?

Rate this topic

Good Lord,this body of'mine' is actally all his -every little atom of it belongs to Him and His material energy.

I'm praying that He may take possession of it.May He enter my body and use it as He deems fit.Like a puppet;He is the Puppet Master pulling all the strings.

"Dance !Make me Dance,dear Lord Krishna,

Make me dance as you wish!"

"Follow Without Mental Concoction"

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.12

Mayapur, February 19, 1976(excerpt)

Everything will be finished in the twinkling of an eye. So actually it has no fact, but we think this is our possession. Therefore Bhaktivinoda Thakura said that "My possession means some mental concoction and this lump of body." Manasa deha geha. "So therefore, whatever possession I have got, I surrender unto You." Manasa deha geha, yo kichu mora. This is surrender. Arpilun tuwa pade, nanda-kisora.

-----

Also mentioned in the lecture:

<font color="green"> <a href="http://www.asitis.com/13/22.html" target="_blank">www.asitis.com/13/22.html </font color> </a>

TRANSLATION

The living entity in material nature thus follows the ways of life, enjoying the three modes of nature. This is due to his association with that material nature. Thus he meets with good and evil amongst various species.

PURPORT

This verse is very important for an understanding of how the living entities transmigrate from one body to another. It is explained in the Second Chapter that the living entity is transmigrating from one body to another just as one changes dress. This change of dress is due to his attachment to material existence. As long as he is captivated by this false manifestation, he has to continue transmigrating from one body to another. Due to his desire to lord it over material nature, he is put into such undesirable circumstances. Under the influence of material desire, the entity is born sometimes as a demigod, sometimes as a man, sometimes as a beast, as a bird, as a worm, as an aquatic, as a saintly man, as a bug. This is going on. And in all cases the living entity thinks himself to be the master of his circumstances, yet he is under the influence of material nature.

How he is put into such different bodies is explained here. It is due to association with the different modes of nature. One has to rise, therefore, above the three material modes and become situated in the transcendental position. That is called Krsna consciousness. Unless one is situated in Krsna consciousness, his material consciousness will oblige him to transfer from one body to another because he has material desires since time immemorial. But he has to change that conception. That change can be effected only by hearing from authoritative sources. The best example is here: Arjuna is hearing the science of God from Krsna. The living entity, if he submits to this hearing process, will lose his long-cherished desire to dominate material nature, and gradually and proportionately, as he reduces his long desire to dominate, he comes to enjoy spiritual happiness. In a Vedic mantra it is said that as he becomes learned in association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he proportionately relishes his eternal blissful life.

-----

is nothing but the result of most of your Karmic reactions from the previous birth. Not only this body, your mental make-up, your desires, way you behave with others and so on, are all a chain that continues from the previous birth. Since, this body you have got is the result of your Karma and desires to enjoy this material comforts, God does not come in your way of doing so! Yet, there is something known as free-will is also given to human beings, which can be properly utilised (in singing the glories of the Lord) by us to progress in this path. But that is what we do not do. Those who have reached the level of thinking that the Lord owns his/her body and he/she is an instrument in the hands of the Lord are SAINTS.

Posted Image

So who the heck am I?

Many people

might answer by defining themselves

in terms of their body, occupation, family or locality.

Actually we have no real identity in relationship with any of this temporary matter.

We are eternal spirit soul, loving servant of the

Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna.

This body is merely one of millions we pass through

during our sojourn in this material world.

Posted Image

Have we lived before?

Krishna says to Arjuna:

Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot. (Bhagavad-gita 4.5)

We cannot even remember all that happens in this one lifetime. We forget, because we are changing our bodies. A grown man cannot remember what he said or how he acted on the lap of his mother, because his body has changed. We say we are growing, but actually we are changing bodies. This is explained in Bhagavad-gita (2.13):

As the embodied soul continually passes in this body from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death.

We are bewildered, because we accept different types of bodies. When a man is sleeping, his gross body is lying in bed, but he accepts a subtle body in his dream and completely forgets his gross body. Although sleeping, he dreams that he is awake, and he acts with the body that he has concocted in his dream. Material existence is like that. Constitutionally, we are pure spirit souls, and we have nothing to do with material bodies, but under the spell of maya (illusion), we have accepted bodies for sense gratification, and we act in so many ways, forgetting our real identity. As a man lies in bed dreaming, we are lying in the lap of material nature, forgetting our real self.

The difference between God and the minute living entity is that God does not change His body; therefore He never forgets. Whereas our bodies are changing at every moment, and therefore we are full of ignorance. Krishna does not change; therefore, He is full of knowledge. He says in Bhagavad-gita (7.26):

I know everything that has happened in the past, everything that is happening now, and all things that are yet to be. I also know all living entities, but Me no one knows.

Death exists only for the body.

For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, once having been, does he ever cease to be. That which pervades the entire body is indestructible. No one is able to destroy the imperishable soul. (Bhagavad-gita 2.20)

Is there life after death?

The Soul Lives Forever

Krishna says in Bhagavad-gita (2.12):

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Both God and the living entities are individuals. They existed in the past; they exist now, and both God and the living entities will exist as individuals in the future.

The Body is Always Dead

The living being is not a creation of matter. The living being is the force who brings the material world into being, in the same way that the architect or engineer is the living force who brings the ingredients together to construct a building, and the tailor is the living force who puts cloth together to make a shirt or pair of pants. The living force brings the material body into existence. The material body is not the living being; but the living being is within this body, spreading its influence all over the body through the medium of consciousness. Consciousness is the symptom of the presence of the soul.

Spirit and matter are categorically two different substances. One is conscious, whereas the other is not. Matter has no consciousness; it is inert, and it is therefore called the inferior energy of the Lord. Matter has no power to take shape independently, no more than a building has the power to take shape independently. An engineer brings the ingredients together and gives them shape. Similarly, the body, which is a combination of inert elements such as earth, water, fire and air, does not take shape automatically. It is the living force, or soul (jivatma), that combines the material ingredients and gives them shape according to the soul's desires.

Posted Image

Transmigration of the Soul

The soul develops different kinds of bodies. There are 8,400,000 species of life or different kinds of bodies. There are different styles of clothing in the department store, and we purchase a suit of clothing according to our capacity to pay for it. If we have a good capacity, we shall buy a good suit. If not, we shall have to go to the Salvation Army or thrift shop and purchase used clothing. Similarly, there are high-grade and low-grade bodies. The human body marks the high point of the soul's evolution, or transmigration, through the lower species of life.

The body is described in the Bhagavad-gita as a dress of the eternal spirit soul. There it is said:

As a person puts on new garments, giving up the old ones, similarly the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

This is called samsara, the cycle of birth and death.

dehino 'smin yatha dehe

kaumaram yauvanam jara

As the embodied soul continually passes in this body from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change. (Bhagavad-gita 2.13)

He is already doing it. Only that you don't know that.

When Arjuna was hesitant to kill his relatives and teacher in the war, thinking that he is fighting this terrible war, Krishna showed him the Viswarupa to show him actually Arjuna is a puppet in the hands of Krishna. Krishna only is doing everything already.

He is already making you and everybody dance as he wishes.

Magic Flute