IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sleepingjiva

was prehistoric human a carnivore? I don't think so

Rate this topic

Th4e meat eater often arguments that to eat meat is natural, because it was in such a way from very beggining of human evolution. I was wondering if you have any informations about this topic.

I found one website, which says that this theory is from 1930's and got no evidence to support it. you might check it out:

http://www.purifymind.com/HistoryVege.htm

if u have more about this, please keep me posted, I'm going to do an oral presentation on my phisical education class tommorow, so I want to be ready to change people's minds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

religious persons and vaishnavas are creationists, not evolutionists, so for us the concept of a primitive or prehistoric man is a nonsense.. because the world is eternal even if periodically destroyed and recreated

so we have in this world coexistence of tribal ("prehistoric") people eating anything from worms to their grandfather and materially evoluted people like in new york and spiritually evoluted people like in vrindavan

so prehistoric and historic men exist everytime

Guest guest

Biologically,

the human animal is predominantly vegetarian - the dentition can prove this.

Predominantly doesn't mean exclusively.

Humans can eat worms, wood grubs, insects and things

and in times of need can adjust this capacity to eat flesh of larger animals.

Similarly this capacity to adjust

allows many to consume milk products in place of worms, grubs etc

as a supplement in times of need.

There is nothing in the human biology

that proves that it is best suited to COOKED food,

wheteher that be cooked rice, chicken or stewed pears.

Therefore one cannot succesfully use the argument of biology to

validate the vegertarian diet comprising mainly COOKED foods.

The Hare Krishna diet

is best promoted on the basis of spiritual aesthetics.

Man has neither the teeth, the claws, nor the short intestine of a meat-eater. Man is by nature NOT a flesh-eater. Even Darwin knows that a monkey eats bananas and a tiger eats deer.

as the soul enters human species it finally has a choice of behaviour. you have all kinds of options. you can chose to eat meat, or be a vegetarian. human body facilitates either choice. in the same way Lord Krishna does not force you to come to Him. You must chose Him yourself.

Yes, a pivot point in our material journey. Many people have lived their whole lives as meat eaters, many as vegans.

I really like Kulapavana's emphasis on our need to make the choice to rise or fall. That ability and indeed responsibility rests with the human form alone.

Guest guest

sorry i don't understand this. there are no proofs that evolution exists? I'm very interested in this point of Krishna consciousness, because it's not mentioned very often. Was human only thrown here? Was he born from something? I thought up to now that evolution theory and Krishna consciousness don't negate one another. I'm totally ignorant about this and I'd like to know more

life comes from life. life forms are naturally adaptable and over time some changes can happen, but not very major ones. look at dogs: there are so many breeds but they are all dogs. the genetic structure of their body is very similar. all species are created by the Prajapatis. Evolution happens, but only in terms of our consciousness.

Guest guest

Life comes from life?

Maybe life does come from life, if we regard the entire universe as LIFE. The Vedas to talk of beings who were born of the fire at a fire-yagna, or being born directly from the soil of the Earth. When these beings are born, does Life come from Life?

In the Aitreya Upanishad the sage Vamadeva states that some types of living beings are born of heat. Warmth. Some modern scientists also theorize along these lines:

http://www.resa.net/nasa/onearth_extreme.htm

In the Aitreya Upanishad, 6,5

<blockquote>

1. Let the women go back to their place.

2. Who is he whom we meditate on as the Self? Which is the Self?

3. That by which we see (form), that by which we hear (sound), that by which we perceive smells, that by which we utter speech, that by which we distinguish sweet and not sweet, (1) and what comes from the heart and the mind, namely, perception, command, understanding, knowledge, wisdom, seeing, holding, thinking, considering, readiness (or suffering), remembering, conceiving, willing, breathing, loving, desiring?

4. No, all these are various names only of knowledge (the true Self). (2)

5. And that Self, consisting of (knowledge), is Brahman (m.), it is Indra, it is Pragapati . All these Devas, these five great elements, earth, air, ether, water, fire, these and those which are, as it were, small and mixed, and seeds of this kind and that kind, born from eggs, born from the womb, born from heat, born from germs, horses, cows, men, elephants, and whatsoever breathes, whether walking or flying, and what is immoveable-all that is led (produced) by knowledge (the Self).

6. It rests on knowledge (the Self). The world is led (produced) by knowledge (the Self). Knowledge is its cause.

7. Knowledge is Brahman. (3)

8. He (Vamadeva), having by this conscious self stepped forth from this world, and having obtained all desires in that heavenly world, became immortal, yea, he became immortal. Thus it is, Om. (4)

</blockquote>

life is consciousness. bodily manifestations appear in various ways, but it always relates to souls accepting a particular type of body, allowing it it act in a particular way. still, all that does not mean that one bodily form is gradually transformed into something totally different. this material world is very complex, and even many demigods dont have a good understanding of how it works. I have no clue which forms of life arise from heat, but Vedas speak of creatures with bodies made of fire, even here on Earth (one of them is the fire worm)