IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

16 rounds can't do it,

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I did it for 8 months, and before (5 rounds/etc worked my way up), ppls look down upon me, great isn't it?

I feel like sh@t right now. who needs it.

When I'm doing 16 rounds again, then you'll have my mellecha association, until then goodluck and goodbye.

I've had nothing but trouble since I stopped chanting, (all in my mind) maybe, anyway 2 tips for all of YOU:

#1 NEVER associate with Ritvik Advocates

#2 Never associate with Rivitk Advocates

#3 Anybody who makes a habit of critisizing

devotees

Discard them like stool

Guest guest

"The only bone fide reason for dropping out is to have a nervous breakdown or something closly related."

Dropping out of what? Bonafide? Think your reply must be a little "tongue in cheek", Theist prabhu...sometimes we need to be alone with our God for awhile to get deeper into ourselves. Do what you must, Govindaram. Our prayers continue with you. In the end, it's all between each of us and the Holy Names. Best to learn quickly how to take full shelter of Them.

That's got to be a good sign, Ram Ram. Next time we won't be as apt to pick the baggage up. I've picked up baggage on the net before; we live and learn. Just look at those new Panca-tattva Deities, larger than life - everything is still on track.

Now if you sit in the Gita with only Prabhupada, you'll be back on track in no time. Just stay humble and increase the desire for the truth. Krsna is with you; success is guaranteed.

Your rule number three sounds like a good way to stay out of trouble. Don't even read criticism, and definitely don't let any into your heart. Those suitcases full of aparadha are someone else's baggage. Shame on them for proposing that you carry their baggage.

Everything is on track:<center></center>gHari Ram Ram Hare Hare

Gulp, I really needed that Nectarian pieces of advice, amazingly I have been reading the Gita, need to go now Ghari Prabhuji, when I am chanting regular then I shall see all of you again, if not then I probably made a round trip to Yamaraja house!

Ps. Its kind of ok, what happended, also Living Entities, don't preach if not following' something rang true, man I never used to be so sensitive, whats going on eh? KRSNA has all the answers, which are in PRABHUPADA's books. heh. bye.

You are sensitive right now because your heart is opening up and Maya devi is trying hard to do Her job on you to keep you down. Keep on fighting with the Holy Names and you will win.

When the sunshine of Krsna lights your path you start to see the material world as it truly is. Sometimes we will put up a fight with the help of Maya devi but there is great power in the Supreme Lord's Names!!

"Always remember Krsna; Never forget Krsna"

Guest guest

When the sunshine of Krsna lights your path you start to see the material world as it truly is. Sometimes we will put up a fight with the help of Maya devi but there is great power in the Supreme Lord's Names!!

---truely inspirational words!!!

When the sunshine of Krsna

lights your path

you start to see the material world

as it truly is.

Sometimes we will put up a fight

with the help of Maya devi

but there is great power

in the Supreme Lord's Names!!!

I recall Sripad Bhakti Guarava Naragashingha Maharaja once told a story about Srila Krishna dasa Babaji Maharaja.

Srila Krishna dasa Babaji Maharaja was known to chant bhajan or japa almost every waking moment of the day.

Once some of Srila Prabhupada's devotees went to see Babaji Maharaja. At some point he was asked "Babji Maharaja, how many rounds do you chant?"

He reportedly laughed a bit and replied

"That is simply ahankara!" (false ego). And dropped the subject.

I felt the purport of such a statement to be not to get too caught up in some numerical formula for grading one's attachment to Krsna

I mean not to minimize the concept of a sixteen rounds of japa.

Simply said, I find in this (Western) World composed of 99.99% non-vaisnavas, I am pleased to be in the company of anyone who is merely thinking about someday chanting the Maha Mantra.

Bg3.6

TRANSLATION

One who restrains the senses and organs of action, but whose mind dwells on sense objects, certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.

PURPORT

There are many pretenders who refuse to work in Krsna consciousness but make a show of meditation, while actually dwelling within the mind upon sense enjoyment. Such pretenders may also speak on dry philosophy in order to bluff sophisticated followers, but according to this verse these are the greatest cheaters. For sense enjoyment one can act in any capacity of the social order, but if one follows the rules and regulations of his particular status, he can make gradual progress in purifying his existence. But he who makes a show of being a yogi, while actually searching for the objects of sense gratification, must be called the greatest cheater, even though he sometimes speaks of philosophy. His knowledge has no value because the effects of such a sinful man's knowledge are taken away by the illusory energy of the Lord. Such a pretender's mind is always impure, and therefore his show of yogic meditation has no value whatsoever.

---

His knowledge has no value because the effects of such a sinful man's knowledge are taken away by the illusory energy of the Lord.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

Govindaram - appologies to hear some ritviks may have burned you. i don't know what transpired but hope you won't judge an entire philosophy according to those who try to follow the philosophy, however imperfectly. If tthis were true, then the same would apply to those who are not ritvik because they have done some dawg awful things too.

then also we should consider if trying to avoid making offenses to devotees, agree or disagree philosophically, ritviks are still devotees.

better yet would be to just read and decide for yourself what Prabhupada wanted and not base it on any group or persons.

regarding how many rounds to chant, while the number is important for the neophyte, more important for the neophyte is not go be so heavy on themselves that they give up. chant what you can and the bad feelings will go away. once a devotee in the early days told Prabhupada he did not pay obeisances because he did not feel it. Prabhuapda told him, do it and you'll start to feel it.

relax and do what ya can, when ya can.

to the above post. That is wisdom.

Besides have you made a vow to chant a certain number of rounds? I am glad I never did. It has been hard accepting that I am just an awkward unsteady beginner and not some elevated yogi from the past, but things have become a lot better when I remember that fact. Let others accelerate ahead before me. God's speed to them. I have my own mind to deal with and will get there eventually.

Also rather than number of rounds,while not to be ignored, the real goal is one pure name.

Hare Krishna

The glorious Bhagavad-gita will keep us humble, so we will learn that our true nature is humility. Reality is beyond our grandest dreams. Krsna wants us to know that. He gives us some knowledge but will not let us get all puffed-up about it.

It takes some time to shake loose from all our conditioning, to stand free of the worldly drama - no Bin Laden, Bush or Mars rovers. That highlighted passage you fear applies to each and every one of us. It takes some time to stand free. The perfect teacher has a plan for us. Its various methods and techniques He has offered to His dear friend, Arjuna.

If you've ever travelled to a mountain you may remember seeing the peak at a distance and thinking "Soon I'll be there". Yet after continuing for hours it is still in the distance, although somewhat more perceivable. "I travelled so far and still I am not there". Again we think "Soon I'll be there". And yet again we underestimate just how big this mountain is and how far away it really is. More plateaus of disappointment followed by hope must be passed. Eventually when we respect the greatness of the mountain and its attainment, not even expecting or knowing when we will possibly arrive .... there it is! Who would have thought; so grand, such a journey, such anticipation?

The anticipation, the arduous journey, the highs and the lows all go together to make the final meeting so very very special. Remember the story of the sparrow who would empty the ocean with her little beak. We are all little sparrows. We never give up. There is truly nothing else for us, Govindaram Ram. Krsna has stolen our hearts; Prabhupada His perfect accomplice.

gHari

Prabhupada Lecture entitled 'Chant..cleanse the brain' Bg.

I've been listening to CC lectures of Prabhupada, nectar, don't think you can get them on-line, they are special.:)

Still trying, cryed in front of Nityananda, felt good, think it will be ok, not gonna feel sorry for myself, just goona do it and chant, Prabhupada always says ..

'what is the difficulty'

simple and sublime, just meditate on these four words, and try to find a answer, i dare you,

Haribol! ghari prabhu, through these dark days, you've helped me for no reason, I will personally dedicate 1 round for you a week (heh) just a week, take it or leave it! HB

Drops of Nectar

HH Radhanath Swami

Excerpts from lectures

"When our hearts become so melted and soft like butter, then Lord Hari will come and steal that heart" ... HH Radhanath Swami

We are calling out to Hari. There are many meanings of Hari. One is that supreme personality of Godhead who steals all in-auspiciousness from our heart. Once all inauspiciousness is removed from our heart, what is left is pure un adulterated love. In that state of love, Lord Hari steals our heart itself.

Krishna is Makhan chor. He is butter thief. When our hearts become so melted from a steel frame condition and becomes soft like butter then Lord Hari will come and steal that heart.

Rupa Goswami warns, if you're very much attached and want to remain attached to the worldly pleasures of property, prestige, wealth, family, do not go to the Keshi Ghat, where stading on the banks of Jamuna is the three-fold bending form of Govinda playing upon His flute. When you hear that flute and His glance of love touches your heart He'll take your heart as His own property.

Actually love on all levels is an act of thievery. When someone loves us, we take their consciousness, their hearts. We take their minds. We see that in the world when someone is frustrated with love, how much the heart is broken. Because the heart becomes the property of your love and when they mistreat it, they can do more damage to your heart than you can do yourself or any one else.

But in this material world such love is just a material reflection of true love. Krsna is Hari. He is the ultimate object of everyone's love. Infact He is the exclusive object of everyone's love. Bhismadev, the grandfather of pandavas, defines love as to repose all of one's affection into one object. Only Krishna who is all-attractive can perfectly accept and reciprocate with our soul's love.

Love of the flesh, love of the mind are temporary and ultimately they frustrate us. Real love is of the soul. Soul manifests its consciousness through our heart. So Krishna is that personality who can liberate us from all the quarels and difficulties of the age of Kali. Caitanya Mahaprabhu explains ceto darpana marjanam bhava mavadhagni nirvapanam - This hari sankirtan, this kirtan of the great thief Hari, congregationally, cleanses our heart. How does it clean our heart?

Ultimately it is a scientific process, 7 stages. But in essence it is all happening by the Grace of Hari. Lord Hari steals away all the anarthas, all the unwanted attachments that we are clinging to since time immemorial - lust, anger, greed, envy, pride - all stolen away - Hari Hari - and in that pure state our heart becomes soft and then Lord Hari steals our heart. Eternally.