IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dervish

vartma-pradarsaka-guru

Rate this topic

Y'all must be a real ol'-timer there, Braveheart. Ah feels like a keed again.

I used to have KRSNA on my motorcycle helmet, but KRISHNA on my Cadillac. Before I paint too macho a picture here, I should note that to drive a moped here they eventually made us wear real helmets. I would sit in lotus on the bike and travel at 30 MPH all day for a buck in gas. Actually I now remember that the moped also had KRISHNA twice and instead of Honda it said ABBA. gHari was indeed the Radman! LOL - the good kind.

But my attachment came from the Bhagavad-gita as Krsna. Even the sight of the name became wonderful.

gHari

Guest guest

Nitai-Gaura

Jesus

Anyway it's the SOUND, not the spelling, isn't it...whatever works best!

I would sit in lotus on the bike and travel at 30 MPH all day for a buck in gas.

ROFL LOL lol Sorry, but I just had to comment. That cracked me up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The things we did!

It remind me of another story. Tho this guy wasn't a devotee, he lived near us. (Actually, he rented from one devotee so he became somewhat part of us.). He had a lot in common with devotees, diet, meditation, even a Sanskrit name. Of course not fully understanding Krishna, but it was a start. Anyhow, early each morning he would go outside (it was California) to sit in the back of his pick-up truck to mediatate. One morning while he was sitting in the back of his truck, in the lotus pose, hands on knees, eyes SHUT, and meditating, the truck started to roll down the hill. And *continued* to roll down it with him sitting meditating, not knowing the truck was moving. /images/graemlins/smile.gif He was ok and no traffic, so we couldn't help but find this humorous. I didn't get to see it, but the devotees were very good at telling the story and made it easy to visualize. I could just imagine this new agey meditator rolling down the hill with his eyes shut in meditation! I dont know, but wonder if he thought "WOW, this is the most mystical meditation I hav ever had. Even the earth is moving!" ha Tho I think the devotees joked with him like that. He was good about it. Matter of fact, it was the devotees who saved him from crashing! Good thing we're up early too.