IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

IQ decreased

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My IQ was between 125 and 145 few years ago and it has decreased. It's now around 111. Different test results show different IQ. like 111, 96, 76. Past couple of years I have not given more improtance to other knowledge but have been concentrating on God. I feel sad that IQ has decreased. I feel that I should start concentrating on other things like maths, english.

Guest guest

To say your iq was in the range of 125 - 145 is to put it in a very strange range.

Are you certain that the tests you had done were reliable. I once had a test done and was told I had a range of from 124 - 127. I was told that this sort of range is normal. But to give such a big range, the iq test must have been defective.

Guest guest

I am reading Gita, Bhagavata and many other books. And also, I had taken a test 2 years ago and it said that my IQ was 144. Different test show differnt results like 125, 144 and then 111.

Guest guest

I doubt that books can give you an accurate assessment of your IQ. You need to go to a competent person who can administer proper tests if you want to find out your IQ. When I had my tests, they evaluated an assortement of different tests and collated the results in order to evaluate my IQ. In tests where use of languge is involved, as some tests require, you need to have a proper test that is in your native language, for many IQ tests are culturally biased against non english speaking people. English is my first language and I scored very high in areas relating to language and logic, something like 135, as I remember, but people who don't know English would have not been able to do well in that test.

Using books is just not scientific or objective, and it is very unreliable.

- murali

KNOWLEDGE:

TRANSLATION

Humility, pridelessness, nonviolence, tolerance, simplicity, approaching a bona fide spiritual master, cleanliness, steadiness and self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification, absence of false ego, the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and disease; nonattachment to children, wife, home and the rest, and evenmindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me, resorting to solitary places, detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization, and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth-all these I thus declare to be knowledge, and what is contrary to these is ignorance.

http://www.asitis.com/13/8-12.html

Guest guest

Different IQ tests will give you different results as they hit different areas of knowledge and perception. We all have different strong points and weakpoints. The online test general do not encompass the full scope.

In other words, they are not reliable. You would have to take a professional test to get the full idea of your IQ.

To think that reading the scriptures makes you "stupid" is well; stupid. If that were the case we would all be bumbling idiots sucking on our thumbs afer the 30 odd years of reading and chanting that some of us have been doing.

Sorry forgot to sign in when I posted this.

Different IQ tests will give you different results as they hit different areas of knowledge and perception. We all have different strong points and weakpoints. The online test general do not encompass the full scope.

In other words, they are not reliable. You would have to take a professional test to get the full idea of your IQ.

To think that reading the scriptures makes you "stupid" is well; stupid. If that were the case we would all be bumbling idiots sucking on our thumbs afer the 30 odd years of reading and chanting that some of us have been doing.

And yes as guest has pointed out look at our past acarya's!!

If it were not so funny I would consider it offensive that you think reading the scriptures lowers your IQ. Instead I can only ROTFLMAO!!!

Guest guest

I did not mean that reading scriptures will reduce once IQ. As our body needs exercises to be healthy and so does our brain. I have never been exercising the brain for ...probably for that, this might have happened.

Thanx

but reading and learning the sanskrit and memorizing verses and thinking of unlimited pastimes of the Lord is plenty of brain exercise for me!!!

Everything is there - math, language, health, science....you name it!!!