IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Memory and Concentration

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are there any natural and hygenic food that improves memory and concentration?

Are there any religious practices, yoga or something, that can improve the memory?

Guest guest

I am a vegetarian.

What are the foods to avoid ( in vegetarian). I do not eat garlic and onion.

So is the cooking different?

sattvic diet is light, not too spicey (but not bland either) and natural. generally if you eat less you will digest even heavy stuff with no problem - that point is very important. avoid fat as plain fat (like stuff saturated in cooking oil or ghee) but fat in nuts is good. avoid soy products and fried stuff too. there are many books on sattvic diet, but eat only what agrees with you (things you seem to naturally like and which give you no trouble in digestion). Getting rid of internal parasites is very important as well (most people have them, including the ones living in most industrialized countries). Moderate fasts are good too (1 day every 2 weeks on water only - Ekadasi is the best routine)

Well, I have read that Omega 3 Fatty Acids are particularly useful for improving brain (and hence memory).

For vegetarians, Flax seeds are very good source of these. Other wise also these seeds are good for health. In rural india, people were using (and they are still popular) these frequently.