IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I surrender .No more fighting with maya.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's enough,

no more at war with maya

she so more expert and powerful than me

She threw and covered me over so many times

I'll leave it to Krishna to deal with Maya accordingly

krsnadas

hare krishna

Maya.. is trying to satisfy your senses for sense gratification, being a 'enjoyer', thinking we are all-in-all, we know what we're doing! using material natures recsources for our own means, satisfying the bile body.

Don't give in to Maya!

Instead, let Maya give up on you!

Sri Caitanya Caritamrta

Antya Lila 3.250-3.260

Tabe nari kahe tanre kari namaskara

ami maya karite ailana pariksa tomara

Obrahmadi jiva ami sabare mohilun

ekela tomare ami mohite narilun

maha bhagavata tumi - tomara darsane

tomara krsna nama kirtana sravane

citta suddha haila cahe krsna nama laite

krsna nama upadesi krpa kara mote

caitanyavatare vahe premamrta vanya

saba jiva preme bhase, prthivi haila dhanya

e-vanyaya ye na bhase sei jiva chara

koti-kalpe kabhu tara nahika nistara

purve ami rama nama panachi siva haite

tomara sange lobha haila krsna nama laite

mukti-hetuka taraka haya rama-nama

krsna-nama paraka hana kare prema-dana

krsna nama deha tumi more kara dhanya

amare bhasaya yaiche ei prema vanya

eta bali vandila haridasera carana

haridasa kahe, - kara krsna sankirtana

upadesa pana maya calila hana prita

e-saba kathate karo na janma pratita

After offering obeisances to Haridasa Thakur, the woman said, "I am the illusory energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I came here to test you."

"I have previously captivated the mind of even Brahma;, what to speak of others. Your mind alone have I failed to attract.

"My dear sir, you are the foremost devotee. Simply seeing you and hearing you chant the holy name of Krsna has purified my consciousness. Now I want to chant the holy name of the Lord. Please be kind to me by instructing me about the ecstasy of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra.

"There is now a flood of the eternal nectar of love of Godhead due to the incarnation of Lord Caitanya. All living entities are floating in that flood. The entire world is now thankful to the Lord.

"Anyone who does not float in this inundation is most condemned. Such a person cannot be delivered for millions of kalpas.

"Formerly I received the holy name of Lord Rama from Lord Shiva, but now, due to your association, I am greatly eager to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna.

"The holy name of Lord Rama certainly gives liberation, but the holy name of Krsna transports one to the other side of the ocean of nescience and at last gives one ecstatic love of Krsna.

"Please give me the holy name of Krsna and thus make me fortunate, so that I also may float in the flood of love of Godhead inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu."

Now even Maya; wanted to be favored by Haridasa Thakura. Therefore Haridasa Thakura formally initiated her by asking her to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra.

After thus being instructed by Haridasa Thakura, Maya left with great pleasure. Unfortunately, some people have no faith in these narrations.

yes, we can't win with maya, She is much too strong. only by surrenderring to Krishna one can live in this world in peace. you should never forget that Krishna is the One True Master. call on Him every time you need help. Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

Sometimes, in fact most of the time, it is maya that has the upper hand. It is so hard to fight. The more you fight, the more strength it seems to acquire and produce more thoughts and disturbances. Why does Krishna not help aspiring devotees, ones who want to destroy maya?

Guest guest

because if devotees destroy maya what remains? no maya and no krishna? we want to embrass krishna, not to kill maya (that's krishna also)

our attention is on krishna, not on maya,, we chant "hare krishna" not "away maya"

Namaacharya Srila Haridas Thakur did not have to destroy Maya. He was transfixed on the holy name, and she asked for his instruction. Srila Haridas Thakur is a unique Vaishnav, but we should follow the example he set, and gradually, we wont be tempted by trouble.

"Why does Krishna not help aspiring devotees, ones who want to destroy maya?"

of course He helps, but that does not mean you will win every time. you have to beg for His help with great humility and sincerity. the maya in you is often your own desire. Krishna will not help you against your will.

cheer up! losing a battle or two with maya does not imply that you will lose the war /images/graemlins/smile.gif but you have to be humble and sincere to gain Krishna's help in this war, just like Arjuna before his great war...

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

if fellow devotees don't mind, would you please list some ways of surrender to Krishna. how does one come to that platform to surrender to Krishna? what i'm asking is, exactly what is 'surrendering' unto Krishna, and how do we surrender unto Krishna.

thank you in advance.

Haribol

Gurudeva - (from Saranagati)

gurudev!

krpa-bindu diya, koro'ei dase,

trnapekha ati hina

sakala sahane, bala diya koro',

nija-mane sprha-hina

sakale sammana korite sakati

deho' natha! jathajatha

tabe to' gaibo, hari-nama-sukhe

aparadha ha'be hata

kabe heno krpa, labhiya e jana,

krtartha hoibe, natha!

sakti-buddhi-hina, ami ati dina,

koro' more atma-satha

jogyata-vicare, kichu nahi pai,

tomara karuna - sara

karuna na hoile, kandiya kandiya,

prana na rakhibo ara

1) Gurudeva, give to this servant just one drop of mercy. I am lower than a blade of grass. Give me all help. Give me strength. Let me be as you are, without desires or aspirations.

2) I offer you all respects, for thus I may have the energy to know you correctly. Then, by chanting the holy name in great ecstasy, all my offenses will cease.

3) When will such mercy fall to this one who is weak and devoid of intelligence? Allow me to be with you.

4) If you examine me, you will find no qualities. Your mercy is all that I am made of. If you are not merciful unto me, I can on]y weep, and I will not be able to maintain my life.

--

Kabe Ha'be Bolo - (from Saranagati)

kabe ha'be bolo se-dina amar

(amar) aparadha ghuci', suddha name ruci,

krpa-bale ha'be hrdoye sancar

trnadhika hina, kabe nije mani',

sahisnuta-guna hrdoyete ani'

sakale manada, apani amani,

ho'ye aswadibo nama-rasa-sar

dhana jana ara, kobita-sundari,

bolibo na cahi deho-sukha-kari

janme-janme dao, ohe gaurahari!

ahaituki bhakti carane tomar

(kabe) korite sri-krsna- nama uccarana,

pulakita deho gadgada bacana

baibarnya-bepathu ha'be sanghatana,

nirantara netre ba'be asru-dhar

kabe navadwipe, suradhuni-tate,

gaura-nityananda boli' niskapate

naciya gaiya, beraibo chute,

batulera praya chariya bicar

kabe nityananda, more kori'doya,

charaibe mora visayera maya

diya more nija- caranera chaya,

namera hatete dibe adhikar

kinibo, Lutibo, hari-nama-rasa,

nama-rase mati' hoibo bibasa

rasera rasika- carana parasa,

koriya mojibo rase anibar

Kabe jibe doya, hoibe udoya,

nija-sukha bhuli' sudina-hrdoya

bhakativinoda, koriya binoya,

sri-ajna-tahala koribe pracar

1) When, oh when will that day be mine? When my offenses ceasing, taste for the

name increasing, when in my heart will your mercy shine, when, oh when will

that day be mine

2) Lower than a blade of grass,more tolerant than a tree. When will my mind

attain this quality? Respectful to all, not expecting their honor, then shall I

taste the name's nectar sublime. When, oh when will that day be mine?

3) Great wealth or followers, feminine beauty, I won't care for them or the

comforts of my body. Birth after birth give me, Oh Lord Caitanya, causeless

devotion to Your feet divine, when, oh when will that day be mine?

4) When will I utter Krsna,Krsna, Krsna, with words choked up and shivering

body? When will I be trembling all over, lose bodily color, tears pouring from

my eyes, When, oh when will that day be mine?

5) When in Navadvipa along the Ganges bank, shouting 'Gaura-Nityananda' as a

surrendered soul, dancing, chanting, running everywhere, when will I become

half mad of mind? When, oh when will that day be mine?

6) When will Lord Nityananda show mercy upon me, when will I reject the world

of Maya:' Bestow unto me the shade of Your lotus feet, let the right to preach

the name be mine. When, oh when will that day be mine?

7) I will beg, borrow, or steal the nectar of the name. By the name's effect I

will feel paralyzed. Oh! Enjoyed of the nectar of the name, When will I touch

your lotus feet till the end of time? When, oh when will that day be mine?

8) When kindness to all beings will be appearing, with free heart forget myself

comforting, Bhaktivinoda in all humility prays, "Now I will set out to preach

Your order sublime." When, oh when will that day be mine?

--

Manasa Deha Geha - (from Saranagati)

manasa, deho, geho, jo kichu mor

arpilu tuwa pade, nanda-kisor!

sampade vipade, jivane-marane

day mama gela, tuwa o-. barane

marobirakhobi - jo iccha tohara

nitya-dasa prati tuwa adhikara

janmaobi moe iccha jadi tor

bhakta-grhe jani janma hau mor

kita-janma hau jatha tuwa das

bahir-mukha brahma-janme nahi as

bhukti-mukti-sprha vihina je bhakta

labhaite tako sanga anurakta

janaka, janani, dayita, tanay

prabhu, guru, pati--tuhu sarva-moy

bhakatvinoda kohe, suno kana!

radha-natha! tuhu hamara parana

1) Mind, body, and family, whatever may be mine, I have surrendered at Your

lotus feet, O youthful son of Nanda!

2) In good fortune or in bad, in life or at death, all my difficulties have

disappeared by choosing those feet of Yours as my only shelter.

3) Slay me or protect me as You wish, for You are the master of Your eternal

servant.

4) If it is Your will that I be born again, then may it be in the home of Your

devotee.

5) May I be born again even as a worm, so long as I may remain Your devotee. I

have no desire to be born as a Brahma averse to You.

6) I yearn for the company of that devotee who is completely devoid of all

desire for worldly enjoyment or liberation.

7) Father, mother, lover, son, Lord, preceptor, and husband; You are everything

to me.

8) Thakura Bhaktivinoda says, "O Kana, please hear me! O Lord of Radha, You are

my life and soul!"

Guest guest

how does one come to that platform to surrender to Krishna?

surrender to krishna is to surrender to his bona fide representative, the spiritual master, who will give us the instruction on how to gradually "sacrifice" everything to krishna

there's no other way, the "do it yourself" is not possible

Guest guest

Doesn't this take away our self-respect? I mean calling oneself a worm and all that is demeaning to human dignity, right?

"Doesn't this take away our self-respect? I mean calling oneself a worm and all that is demeaning to human dignity, right?"

Statements like that reflect deep humility of a devotee. when you look up at night into the starry sky and see the vastness and beauty of Lord Krishna's energy, you cant help but feel very insignificant - yet, we are very, very dear to Krishna. that is both dignity and humility.

"exactly what is 'surrendering' unto Krishna, and how do we surrender unto Krishna"

that is a big topic /images/graemlins/smile.gif surrender is always gradual and it starts with acceptance of the Vedic process for reaching the Supreme (as opposed to concocting your own "way of surrender"). using vedic injunctions you seek out a proper guide and then study the Vedas and practice sadhana under his instructions. at the same time you meditate on the fact that Krishna already owns and controls everything in this world. when you finally decide to become a WILLING servant in your heart - the surrender is complete. Hare Krishna!

"exactly what is 'surrendering' unto Krishna, and how do we surrender unto Krishna"

we are serving always, either our senses/ppls/society, so why not serve Krishna senses? makes sense don't you think? damn that EGO! its just doesn't realise who to serve.

Guest guest

*when you look up at night into the starry sky and see the vastness and beauty of Lord Krishna's energy*

That may be, but one cannot keep one's eyes on the stars and the skies all the time. My problem is when I am forced to look into the gutter of human existence. What should I do then? Life is not all beer and skittles, there is pain, anguish and all the rest of it. So is it possible at all to feel that eveyrthing is Krishna's energy even at such horrific times?? Or is it just wishful thinking because i dont know if I or other humans have the strength.

Guest guest

"using vedic injunctions you seek out a proper guide and then study the Vedas and practice sadhana under his instructions"

That's exactly the problem, prabhu. WHere and how do I study vedas to apply them? This is kaliyuga, where can I find genuine teachers? If I did, would I have the time in this busy world? Second, not many people know sanskrit, so by the time we learn the language, we will be old and gray and have no energy left to study vedas. So what is the quick-fix solution in this mess?

Guest guest

just chant the hare krishna amha mantra with full sincerity and love and devotion and leave the rest to dear krishna

hari bol:}

"if fellow devotees don't mind, would you please list some ways of surrender to Krishna. how does one come to that platform to surrender to Krishna? what i'm asking is, exactly what is 'surrendering' unto Krishna, and how do we surrender unto Krishna."

Dear Guest

Hari bol! Please accept my humble obeisences. Thank you for asking this question.

I too have been eager to understand the practical meaning of the word 'surrender to Krsna'. And I can share with you some of my own realizations that i got while reading Shrimad Bhagavad Geeta and serving my Spiritual master.

It began when one fine day, I suddenly found myself understanding the verses 8-12 of Chapter 12 of Bhagavad Geeta in new light. For the first time i realized that Lord Krishna has Himself so clearly shown us 'the way to surrender to Him' in these verses. If you read the verses, you will also realize that Lord is so so merciful and kind to us creatures of Kaliyuga that he has given us several options - if you cannot do this try this , if you cannot do that also, then try this and so on.

In verse 8, Lord begins with option no 1 and says "just fix your mind upon Me and engage all your intelligence in Me" promising us that by doing so "thus you will live in Me always, without a doubt."

Then in verse 9, Lord continues and describes option 2 and says "If you cannot fix your mind upon Me without deviation then follow the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga. In this way you will develop a desire to attain Me."

Then verse 10, option no 3 is presented by the infinitely merciful Lord when He says " if you cannot practice bhakti-yoga then just try to work for Me because by working for Me you will come to the perfect stage."

Then verse 11, Lord offers yet another option (no 4) and says "If however you are unable to work in this consciousness of Me, try to act giving up all results of your work and try to be self-situated."

And finally in verse 12, Lord presents yet another way : "If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge." by explaining that better than knowledge is meditation and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind.

My experience in application of these verses:

When i focused on these verses, I decided to continue to read (cultivation of knowledge) Bhagavad Geeta as I still did not know or was unable to meditate or renounce the fruits of my action.

Then i began making effort to part with a very tiny proportion of my income (fruits of action) in the service of my spiritual master. This i found resulted in helping with my chanting which in turn broadened my heart further and i willingly felt like putting a larger proportion of my salary in Guru's service. And now I feel very happy, blissful and at peace when i am holding a full-time job and achieved a state of mind where i am putting all my savings into service of Krishna.

What i realized from my experience is: that surrendering is like learning to swim - we do not want to let go for fear of drowning not realizing that it is by not letting go (letting go = sacrificing or putting or utilizing fruits of action and/or our intelligence and/our time and/or whatever resources we have in the service of Krishna) that we are holding ourselves from the joy of swimming in the ocean of bliss and peace.

Take one small step at a time to practice surrender (while continuing to cultivate knowledge which will help you with ur chanting and which in turn will help you to surrender) and as you see the results of those small steps for yourself you will automatically want to do more and more.

My spiritual master says that Krishna Consciousness or Bhakti-Yoga is about learning the art of depending upon Krishna. That is a complete contrast of the material world where everyone around us is conditioned to take control of everything and dont feel that they are libing unless they are constantly fighting it out and taking control.

As we come from such conditioning, it is very natural to feel scared and unwilling to give up the act of controlling and surrendering to the Lord. But remembering that the cosmic law actually works the opposite of the material world - once we GIVE UP TAKING CONTROL and depend upon the LORD - everything (not only spiritual advancement but also any material welfare is taken care of by the Master Controller). Also, Lord is controlling and doing things irrespective of we surrendering. The difference is that when we forget Him, we are controlled by another cosmic law also created by Lord Himself - the law of karma. When we surrender we come directly under His Control and He loves devotees better as we are not meddling and fooling around by ignoring and forgetting Him.

Hope this helps.

GovindA! Hari! Hari!

bhakti~lata

Yes there is a quick fix... it depends on the person's desire to change mentality.

This mentality change can be done in an instant as well as over billions of lifetimes. Pick your choice (I know I have... the unfortunate not so quick), but don't forget you can't fool Krishna.

"My problem is when I am forced to look into the gutter of human existence. What should I do then? Life is not all beer and skittles, there is pain, anguish and all the rest of it. So is it possible at all to feel that eveyrthing is Krishna's energy even at such horrific times?? Or is it just wishful thinking because i dont know if I or other humans have the strength"

I see sincerity in your questions. Yes, we live in horrific times, and we all experience pains of existence. Do you think our material lives are so different? You can change your consciousness in an instant IF YOU SO DESIRE. Strength comes from desire.