IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cause of stopping chanting...?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the cause of somebody stopping chanting?

Any comments and replies are welcome.

Haribol

Guest guest

There's others, like listening to our minds, or not taking seriously bhati yoga, or giving up or self control.

is another reason we can lose our taste for chanting. This can be caused by committing any of the ten offenses to the Holy Names. As long as one chants with offenses, it is impossible to attain love of God.

What is the cure?

Namaparadhe-yuktanam, namany eva haranty agham

avisranti prayuktani, tany evartha-karani ca

By continous chanting an offender to the holy name will gradually become free from sins and offenses. He will rise to the platform of offenseless chanting and eventually attain the ultimate goal of life, krsna prema. (Padma P. Svarga-kandha 48,49)

One can only get free from nama-aparadha through bhakti, the power of Krsna's name and by the mercy of Krsna's associates.

So in short.....keep on chanting and make every effort to chant with concentration and without offense. But do not stop chanting...cry out for Krsna.

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

yes it is very bad... but we have to be very careful on what is vaishnava aparadha or what is a right and costructive observation on a situation that is objectively problematic...

in my way of thinking i have developed from a stage where i believed that to say anything to one who was wearing a dothi under the iskcon banner was absolutely hellish, and to say a lot of bad things on the rest of the world was almost heavenly

now i hope to be a little better than the above "yaso bin laden"...

now i am firmly convinced only of one thing: that to speak on the "group", "math", "organization" plane is surely a source of immense troubles. if i say "that group of vaishnavas, that math, are such and such" and i am right for 402937436 members but not for the only 1 devotee i go to hell... because it is not possible that in a group of people chanting hare krishna there's not a true devotee of the lord..

another thing is that i have not so much problem with people who breaks rules, regulations, principles, external etiquette and so on... but i get very sad when the krsna consciousness is explained to the outside people explaining the four principles in a way that leaves the impression that they are the core of the krishna consciousness without any attempt to transmit the beauty and bliss of chanting hare krishna and the association with devotees

and if i see this my hellish nature starts to push to get out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

another thing is that i have not so much problem with people who breaks rules, regulations, principles, external etiquette and so on... but i get very sad when the krsna consciousness is explained to the outside people explaining the four principles in a way that leaves the impression that they are the core of the krishna consciousness without any attempt to transmit the beauty and bliss of chanting hare krishna and the association with devotees

This is so true, this is how I was first explained, luckily besides meat eating (which I wasn't really fond of anyways) I followed the other rules so it wasn't much of a shock. Then at first I spoke about that to some of my friends and I just couldn't understand why they didn't like Krishna consciousness.

With time I came to realize that I turned them off right at the start due to my misconception that Krishna consciousness is all about following those 4 regs.