IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

satisfying LUST?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I dont have a verse on hand, but the more attention put onto anything, the more that thing grows. Its like pouring ghee on a fire to put it out. It just flares up worse.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

One simple answer : Read your signature.

So Mr. Govindaram, the only way you can satisfy your lust, is if you start chanting right now.

Lust comes with your body, its all included in the package, just tolerate it, once you get out of your body and go to God, you will be like "Lust who?". so, one has to chant and she/he/it will finally be free from lust.

-Fiend.

Before we can answer a question like this we need to understand our nature and whom we derive from. We need to understand what is lust also.

By knowing these 3 points we can understand why lust cannot be satisfied.

SB 2.8.6: A pure devotee of the Lord whose heart has once been cleansed by the process of devotional service never relinquishes the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, for they fully satisfy him, as a traveler is satisfied at home after a troubled journey.

Later in the Bhagavatam there is a story about a traveler going in a forest (the soul going in the material world) to satisfy his needs (lust), but is only satisfied when he returns out of the forest (going back to Vaikuntha)

SB 3.13.13. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Janardana [Lord Krsna], is the form to accept all the results of sacrifice. If He is not satisfied, then one's labor for advancement is futile. He is the ultimate Self, and therefore one who does not satisfy Him certainly neglects his own interests.

From this verse we can see that by satisfying our body (ie lust) we neglect ourselves, the soul. Therefore the soul feels unsatisfied. We need to water the root of the tree, Krishna... (supposed to quote a verse from SB, but too lazy this time)

(ok I'll stop here I lost myself... hope you liked these verses)

My only two cents in this is that until we are grateful to what we have right now, lust will always lurk in our mind. We already have everything we need and more, but familiarity with the objects of the senses brings contempt, therefore the undesired desire to have something else... something 'better'. (I'm talking from experience and my sickness to have better computer all the time)

the desire to enjoy your senses cannot be satisfied by serving your senses. you may get a temporary relief, but such desires will always come roaring back AS LONG AS YOU CHOSE TO LIVE IN THIS WAY. the material body is programmed to be lusty, but you have to control bodily urges if you desire to achieve higher state of consciousness and revive your spiritual nature. yet, as long as you have this material body you will have to battle it's inclinations. as you grow spiritually, such battles will be less and less intense, untill you barely notice them. Hare Krishna!