IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

how far in time and miles...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

from Delhi to Vrindavan? Any idea where I can get a map on the net that shows Vrindavan? thanks!!

Approximate Distance: 120 km

Estimated Time of Arrival: 3 hours (can change depending on automobile and traffic conditions)

A couple of years back, you could get a cab to take you there for 1500-2000 rupees, though I'm not sure now. You may be better off taking a train from Dehli to Mathura, then taking auto rickshaw to Vrindavan. I'll see if I can find one map for you ...

Posted Image

OK, I realize this may be too simple ( I believe the long road is called "Delhi Road"), but once you're out of Delhi, there are pretty much no turns or other roads until you reach Mathura. One thing though prabhu when you cross the Haryana - Uttar Pradesh Border, there is a checkpoint of some kind, and the driver must have some certificate to pass, otherwise they have to wait in a long line and pay.

Guest guest

Forget the train it's a trip and a half and unless you are familiar with India and it's foibles then take a taxi. You can get in touch with ISKON Krsna Balarama in Vrndavan they have a really first class, safe taxi service from right in the temple grounds last year oct time cost me 1,500 rupees pay no more than this. they are honest anyhow and you can pre-arrange for him to pick you up in the airport. He will have a huge plackard with your name on it and take you right to Vrndavan in 3 hours if it's early hours of the morning 2 or 3 ish. But as the other postee said after 7 it gets hectic and can take up to 4 or more hours.

But even so I have only ever taken 3! 4 tops! even in busy trafic.

This is your safest and easiest option. I have a map somewhere on this computer along with a million other things let me see if I can lay my hands on it, but I can't promise you.

Oh, one last warning don't take the pre-paid taxis in the airport they will rip you off unless you are strong and haggle with them. DON'T PAY ANY MORE THAN 1.500 RUPEES FROM DELHI, INDIRA GHANDI AIRPORT TO VRNDAVAN!!!!!

Be strong about this anymore that 1,500 and you are being ripped off!

Guest guest
from Delhi to Vrindavan? Any idea where I can get a map on the net that shows Vrindavan? thanks!!