IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

does a man have absolute right over the woman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For the initiated, rules are different then for the uninitiated.

The initiated have taken vows.

I did not read Haridhm's wife wanting sex on marriage night but that her relatives had strange beliefs.

They practice Hinduism. We practice Vaisnavism.

Prabhupada did not say his householders are brahmacari's because they engage is sex on marriage night, or for pleasure.

Instructions are 50 rounds, ONLY if WANTING to become impregnanted. Then too at prime time of month to assure pregnancy, not to find loophole to avoid child by wrong timing.

When we feel inspired, sex is not of interst. Not of interest. We see how fallen we are. Householder may falldown. He picks himself up. We dont encourage sex. Its considered a falldown, not ok.

We dont go to hellish planet for sex in marriage. We don't get out of material existence either.

Guest guest

hey all u people out there

KRISHNA IS THE ONLY MAN,THERE IS NO OTHER MAN

WE ALL ARE WOMEN,THERE IS NO MAN IN THIS MATERIAL WORLD

THIS IS WHAT MEERA BAI SAID.

IT IS JUST UNDER ILLUSION THAT WE IDENTIFY OURSELVES AS MEN AND WOMEN.

In reply to "Wrong Mentality" I initially replied in a way I deem unfit. I decided to delete my post and simply say this:

"No where in my post did I recommend/mention sex on that night." I will personally never recommend/mention someone to have sex, I'm a celibate.

Guest guest

Whether it is a control of a man over a woman, woman over a man or whatever, it is the same lust. We are supposed to try to get free from this insane lust.

Haridham, you should have thought a while before posting your post. Posting useless things will lead to people getting angry, offenses and much much more, trust me. No one except krishna has full control over anyone. The people who try to control others by oppression are themselves victims of lust and Krishna clearly states this in Bhagavad Gita.

-Lover soul character-

Guest guest

Excuse me, but actually the meaning of the sentence should not be taken literally. Krishna is the only 'purusha'= enjoyer. The rest are all prakriti='enjoyed'. He is said to be purusha because He enjoys every one else's service. We are said to be prakriti because we serve him with all our hearts as devotees. I do not think it has anything to do with material senses or sexes. We as spirit souls have no gender. Or is that your point all along?

oh well, chant hare krishna and be happy.

-lover soul character-

Guest guest

the jiva also is enjoyer,purusa has more of a meaning

of active and prakriti as passive,male and female are

used as a device metaphorically,God is male in the sense

of the dominator or active principle,prakriti is the dominated or passive or female.

male or female sexually speaking is another thing altogether,both God and jiva can take male or female forms,

both enjoy also,Purusa has symbolic meaning as God

is enjoying his will over all,whereas the jiva is

not.

Guest guest

When a person marries they are limiting their sexual and romantic life to just one person. What then is the harm if they enjoy a full, loving, romantic and passionate sex life with their legally married wife or husband?

What is wrong with that?

..the wrong with that is that you have to stay in this illusionary world and suffer time to time. The idea of brahmacharya is to leave this world, to stop looking for pleasures in this world and to start looking for spiritual pleasures. Spiritual pleasure is serving Sri Krishna. It is everlasting beacuse it is our eternal nature -- nitya-dharma.

But well depending on circumstances everyone is particullary conditioned in his/her own way. So if at the present stage sex is a must for you -- ok try to regulate it and keep practicing bhakti-yoga.

Please don't consider this to be an instruction. This is just my approach, a guide for myself.

Guest guest

"What is wrong with that?"

absolutely nothing, everyone is in his own path to come back to krishna.. the real tapasya is to chant regularly hare krishna 'til the moment of death..

tapasya means "coherence in the long period"

Guest guest

Brahmacharya is not bhakti.

Many married vaishnavas have more bhakti than single ones.

Marriage is the safest path because sex is a requirement of the body and mind just like breathing air or drinking water.

Rather than chase after many men or women for sex, better to have one and enjoy a fully satisfying sex life with them and at same time the couple can do spiritual things together.

Also, sex itself can be a pathway to higher consciousness if done in the right mentality.

For anyone who has had an orgasm they will tell you that they lose all consciousness of I, Me or Mine at that time and feel something otherworldly.

It is a mystical experience.

Dear anonimous guest, please accept my humble dandavats.

I am sorry if I have offended you in any way.

My short answer is: Please list here 1 (one) bonafide devotee in any ashram who was/is thinking "I am man" or "I am woman" .. "and so I need to have control over this or that"

now a little explanation.

1) I have never said that brachmachri asram is better than grihastha, that would be stupid.

2) No, having sex is not your gross body reqwuirement, search the net to find of how much energy costs man's body to produce sperm. Observe animals -- these lower creatures -- do they have sex just for pleasure? Do they have any contraceptives?

3) I am agree that for those who cannot live without sex, marrige is the best way. Or in case of homosexuals or other sexual groups the best is to do everything to limit illicit sex, pacify the mind to some extent and do Krishna seva. To be clear -- I am engaged in sexual life too, I am not brahmachari and mostly that is 100% illicit sex, so your life position is much better than mine.

4) No sex is not pathway to any higher consciousness. Or do you mean tantric stuff? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Doing sex you feel like 'possesor', enjoyer, etc this contradicts idea of pure devotion to Sri Hari and can be accepted for neophytes to not disturb their mind for too much. But on higher stages of bhakti yoga people either do sex for procreation or they dont do it at all. The only right mentality for sex (as described in Bhagavad-gita and as is spoken by different Acaryas) is "If I can bring all the children I'll give birth to Krishna service I will do sex again and again"

5) Orgasm: yes this is the main problem with sex. The feeling is so intensive.. no drug can give you the same..

That the problem, having orgasms, you just want to have them again and again, thats psychological fact. If you take an apple and it is tasty you want another one of the same kind.

So if you like orgasms instead of spiritual extasy you can have sex and seat in this nice and beautiful world for several aeons more. Good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, seems like you are not going to address any of my point made in previous posts. I quit.

I agree that man's and woman's body have all the facilities to have pleasure from sex. I can anly give you a hint that pig's body has much more facilities. For example, modern scientists discovered that pig has 30 min long orgasm. Remember sotory about Indra. One day he had to accept pig's body. When demigods came to release him, Indra was not willing to comeback, he was much happier in pig's body than in havenly human form. Think about.

good bye.