IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

IS THIS THE KALIYUGA OR DWAPARA YUGA?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I HAVE A BOOK IN WHICH IT IS SUGGESTED THAT THE DWAPARA YUGA(OR THE BRONZE AGE)COULD HAVE STARTED IN THE YEAR 1900.

IT SAYS THAT WE COULD BE IN THE LARGER CYCLE OF THE KALIYUGA BUT WITHIN THE LARGER CYCLE OF THE KALI YUGA,WE COULD BE IN THE LESSER CYCLE OF DWAPARA YUGA.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL AGE WE ARE IN?

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/1/21

Knowing well that the age of Kali has already begun, we are assembled here in this holy place to hear at great length the transcendental message of Godhead and in this way perform sacrifice.

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/1/23

Since Sri Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the master of all mystic powers, has departed for His own abode, please tell us to whom the religious principles have now gone for shelter.

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/3/24

Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist.

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/3/25

Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Vishnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers.

Guest guest

Wasn't the Bhagavad-Gita written after Buddha's birth? So its foretelling of Buddha would hardly be anything to write home about.

Maybe these prophecies are false, and they were simply added to defame Buddhism.

based on pretty much all Vedic scriptures we are now in the age of Kali. that is related to both the astral calendar and practical experience (symptoms of Kali are clearly visible). Technically we are still in the yuga-sandhya period (overlap of the yugas) and some symptoms of Dvapara yuga are still visible as well.

With you imperfect sences and post, i would think you are the one who is wrong my friend. This is why i posted verses from the Srimad Bhagavatam complied by the Incarnation of Lord Krishna..Srila Vyasadeva..who being perfect in knowlegede knew everything about past/present/future.

Haribol

Guest guest

If it is known that the some Puranas have been interpolated, then there is a possibility that the Bhagavat Purana (Srimad Bhagavatam) may have been interpoloted. You can't prove either way, it's all based on faith and accepatance from your spiritual master that it is the Absolute Truth.

you have faith in the power of your intellect, we have faith in our acharyas. neither one is blind (at least I hope your's is not blind /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

use your common sense. what are the symptoms of each yuga? look around you and decide what yuga we are in.

Guest guest

"With you impefect sences and post, i would think you are the one who is wrong my friend. This is why i posted verses from the Srimad Bhagavatam complied by the Incarnation of Lord Krishna..Srila Vyasadeva..who being perfect in knowlegede knew everything about past/present/future."

Do you know when the Gita was written/composed? I've read from various places that it was composed from 300 B.C. to 300 A.D. If that were true, then wouldn't it mean that there were many authors of the Gita? If not, how could it have been composed over such an extensive period?

The Gita could be a very altered version from the original. It may not have even contained any prophecies of the Buddha or Kalki.

People's senses may be imperfect but how is faith and acceptance of the present version of the Gita's authority any less imperfect?

Guest guest

•••kali yuga.. or actually a more sweet one thanks to the presence of sri chaitanya mahaprabhu and the gaudya vaishnava movement.. we espect to enter in a sort of satya yuga inside kaliyuga starting 500yrs ago and with the definitive coming back of the full kali yuga after 9500 yrs from now

Wasn't the Bhagavad-Gita written after Buddha's birth?

••••no.. bhagavad gita was written before the kuruksetra battle 500years ago

Maybe these prophecies are false, and they were simply added to defame Buddhism.

•••sri buddah is not in any way defamed by vedas and tradition

You can't prove either way, it's all based on faith and accepatance from your spiritual master that it is the Absolute Truth.

•••anything is better than your "maybe".... and do not forget that the spiritual master is not an ignorant, in gaudya vasihnava sampradaya all the masters we had are great and respected scholars, not some poor fanatic fellow

(the spiritual master is absolute truth if he says the truth not because we accept him blindly)

if you want to bring new theories on the autenticity of the purana, on the dates of gita and the yugas you have to do it in a more serious way

Wasn't the Bhagavad-Gita written after Buddha's birth? So its foretelling of Buddha would hardly be anything to write home about.

Lord Krsna spoke Bhagavad Gita first long before He spoke it to Arjuna and long before it was put into writing.

Read Lord Krsna conversation with Arjuna to learn the history of Bhagavad Gita.

BTW....there is no compromise for me on the issue as to whether or not Prabhupada gave us Bhagavad Gita As It Is without out speculations etc.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to think of Lord Sri Krishna the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Bhagavad Gita and His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivendanta Swami Prabhupada.

Hare Krishna!! Srila Prabhupada ki jai!!!

The Gita could be a very altered version from the original. It may not have even contained any prophecies of the Buddha or Kalki.

Are you perhaps confusing the Srimad Bhagavatam with the Bhagavad-gita?

Anyway, I don't really care when either one manifested. For all I care they may have dropped to the Earth yesterday. The knowledge they contain is superior to anything else I have yet to find.

I am convinced that the path to self realization and God realization is clearly deliniated in their pages. I am no longer looking for THE path, only the sincerity and determination to walk it.

Neither the Buddhist or Christian or Muslim Holy Books give such a clear understanding as to the nature of the soul or Supersoul.

I HAVE A BOOK IN WHICH IT IS SUGGESTED THAT THE DWAPARA YUGA(OR THE BRONZE AGE)COULD HAVE STARTED IN THE YEAR 1900.

IT SAYS THAT WE COULD BE IN THE LARGER CYCLE OF THE KALIYUGA BUT WITHIN THE LARGER CYCLE OF THE KALI YUGA,WE COULD BE IN THE LESSER CYCLE OF DWAPARA YUGA.

If you have a book that says it is summertime but there is snow on the ground and its 32 degrees outside and windy will you believe the book?

What are the symptoms of kali-yuga and do you presently see those symptoms?

Time revolves through the four yugas ending in Kali yuga, then beginning again with Satya yuga over and over and over again. The conversation between Lord Krsna and Arjuna known as the Bhagavad-gita happens at the end of every Dvapara yuga. When Krsna leaves, at that moment Kali yuga begins. Anticipating this tragic moment the sages gather to hear and recite the Srimad-Bhagavatam.

Krsna performs His Nitya-lila (Eternal Pastime) in every other universe and then returns here. Spending 125 years in each universe, there are so many universes that it takes the four yugas comprising millions of years to finish the pastime everywhere and return to our earth.

Therefore, one cannot say when the Bhagavad-gita or the Srimad Bhagavatam did not exist. They are produced by the breathing of Lord Narayana. He lives forever and breathes forever, therefore the Vedas are said to be eternal and unborn.

I have never heard the idea of yugas within yugas. That does not mean it is not true.

gHari

Guestji:

"People's senses may be imperfect but how is faith and acceptance of the present version of the Gita's authority any less imperfect?"

http://www.asitis.com/16/24.html

TRANSLATION

One should understand what is duty and what is not duty by the regulations of the scriptures. Knowing such rules and regulations, one should act so that he may gradually be elevated.

PURPORT

As stated in the Fifteenth Chapter, all the rules and regulations of the Vedas are meant for knowing Krsna. If one understands Krsna from the Bhagavad-gita and becomes situated in Krsna consciousness, engaging himself in devotional service, he has reached the highest perfection of knowledge offered by the Vedic literature. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu made this process very easy: He asked people simply to chant Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare and to engage in the devotional service of the Lord and eat the remnants of foodstuff offered to the Deity. One who is directly engaged in all these devotional activities is to be understood as having studied all Vedic literature. He has come to the conclusion perfectly. Of course, for the ordinary persons who are not in Krsna consciousness or who are not engaged in devotional service, what is to be done and what is not to be done must be decided by the injunctions of the Vedas. One should act accordingly, without argument. That is called following the principles of sastra, or scripture. Sastra is without the four principal defects that are visible in the conditioned soul: imperfect senses, the propensity for cheating, certainty of committing mistakes, and certainty of being illusioned. These four principal defects in conditioned life disqualify one from putting forth rules and regulations. Therefore, the rules and regulations as described in the sastra--being above these defects--are <font color="red"> accepted </font color> without alteration by all great saints, acaryas and great souls.

Guest guest

Ok, but what if someone interprets the vedas or the Gita differently? What if someone or some group adds or removes passages from the Gita or Vedas? Then how can one discern what is right and what is wrong, when the scriptures have become unreliable?

By the way, I never said the Gita was trying to defame Buddha. I was suggesting that it's possible that some group of Hindus had enough influence to add certain prophecies or whatever that helps to defame Buddha's teachings.

Guest guest

the best thing is to study accurately these matters.. everything is possible, but to have blind faith that the scriptures are surely wrong is the same that to have blind faith that the scriptures are surely right,,

so no blind faith and fanaticism in any camp....

in this forum there's people who is studying and practising from years, making of these scriptures their lifes and souls... if you want to criticize and save us from the illusion, do it with something more serious than " I was suggesting that it's possible that . ..."otherwise i suggest that you are from mars, green and with two noses and it has the same value of your hypotesys on scriptures

(((((where the teaching of lord buddah are infamed?)))))

Guest guest

"in this forum there's people who is studying and practising from years, making of these scriptures their lifes and souls... if you want to criticize and save us from the illusion, do it with something more serious than " I was suggesting that it's possible that . ..."otherwise i suggest that you are from mars, green and with two noses and it has the same value of your hypotesys on scriptures

(((((where the teaching of lord buddah are infamed?)))))"

Sorry, if I gave the impression I was trying to "save" people from illusion or anything I didn't intend to. I have no such aspirations. I'm a Hindu too, I just was curious as to the answers to these questions. I wasn't criticizing anyone either, I was just asking about how reliable the present form of the Bhagavad-Gita is. Surely, you've heard of texts being transformed over the years due to the influence of certain groups, in general. Some things are often omitted when the statements no longer pertain to current society, or some statements are added, etc.

I was just wondering if that could have been possible with the Bhagavad-Gita as well.

Guest guest

i think that in india there's a general agreement on the text of the gita.. prabhupada never mention any doubt on the aderence of the text with the one spoken in kuruksetra, or that he was proposing the right text and other a wrong one

(and i think it is the same for the other vaishnava acharyas and other "hindu" scholars...)

the differences from the various schools of truth are on the interpretation

Guest guest

Con sincero amor les pido me den respuesta. Por los textos Védicos sabemos hoy que el centro de nuestra galaxia está al principio de la constelación del sagitario. Es interesante observar a esa gente que vive en Vedic la India, hace millares de años, estaba enterado de ese hecho. Los textos de Vedic llaman este centro de la galaxia Vishunabhi - el "ombligo de Vishnu". Consiste en el racimo denso de las estrellas que el ojo humano no puede ver. El conjunto de la galaxia gira alrededor de ese punto. La astrología de Vedic sostiene que la vida de la Sistema Solar depende de ella en mucho la misma manera que la vida en la tierra depende del sol.

Existe alguna teoría de la astrología de Vedic que sostiene que los yugas vinieron en existencia de la manera siguiente: nuestro sol la tiene es "compañero oscuro" (descripción de qué juegos la descripción del calabozo). Aunque es pequeño entonces el sol, este "compañero oscuro" es más de gran alcance y totalmente negro. Nada sale de él, pero todo consigue perdido en él. El compañero oscuro gira alrededor del sol en órbita elíptica. Cuando esta estrella oscura viene entre el sol y Vishnunabhi, inhibe su influencia beneficiosa. En aquella 'epoca, el período en la tierra es el del yuga de Kali. Cuando la distancia sí mismo de la estrella oscura, Vishnunabhi del sol está totalmente abierta y hemos sentado yuga en la tierra.Gracias José

I don't have the exact quote, but in Caitanya Caritamrita, isn't it said that with the Appearance of Sri Caitanya, a Golden Age began in the middle of the Kali Yuga?

The way I understand that is that devotees who are abosrbed in hearing and chanting and meditating on the Lord's pastimes are actually living in the Golden Age (by the mercy of the Golden Avatar) within the Kali Yuga, and yet not effected by the influence of Kali.

BTW, I'm not speaking of myself personally, but just by remembering the devotees who are situated in Gauranga consciousness, I feel as if I have a toe in the Golden Age.

Guest guest

According to his holiness Swami Sri Yukteswar, we are in the year 304 of the ascending Dwapara Yuga as explained in his book "The Holy Science" published by Self-Realization Fellowship, the organization founded by Paramahansa Yogananda. Therefore, we are moving towards Satya Yuga, and are proceeding towards a higher consciousness and greater harmony as our Sun gradually nears its magnetic center.