IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Can't Say Why But This Was Very Accurate for Me - Hopefully

Rate this topic

Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind and write down the FIRST things that you visualize. Do not think about the questions excessively.

You are not alone. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?

You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?

What interaction takes place between you and the animal?

You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you stand your dream house. Describe its size?

Does a fence surround your dream house?

You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.

You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?

What do you do with the cup?

You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is it?

How will you cross the water?

This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows:

The person you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)

The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You’d prefer people not to drop by unannounced.

If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are general unhappy.

The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number one. For example: Styrofoam; plastic and paper are all disposable materials. Metal and plastic are durable.

Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number one.

The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.

This made me happy since I was walking with Krsna, with a metal cup and a bowl of fruit on the table. And I walked around the pond after saying "Haribol" to the deer. Smile. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gHari

Guest guest

Nice exam Mr. Ghari, I was just answering the questions and then I realized it was a test.

Anyway, I was walking with krishna. With a lion chasing after me but there were flowers on the table. It was nice looking at a porcelin cup, but then again porcelin breaks easily :-( . I also made it across that pond using a bridge.

But this has made me happy too, realizing that the first person I thought of was krishna and I saw flowers on my table.

Guest guest

1- The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

I took the test as you suggested, entering the first thing that came to mind. I chose bear here. It's probably quite accurate for me. My material problems are not so bad, but still, there's birth, death, old age, and disease, awaiting me, as well as my loved ones. How to overcross this ocean of birth and death is quite a challenge, and not something to be taken lightly. There are also so many anarthas to overcome: lust anger greed, the 10 offenses to the holy name, and countless other descipable things which need to be purged from my being. It will probably require several, or many lifetimes before I attain spiritual perfection. So, that means continued suffering.

2- The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)

The bear was poised for attack, and my natural instinct was to run. So, I guess my problems are severe.

3- The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your

problems.

I chose a simple log cabin. I just couldn't see owning a mansion out in the middle of the woods. Simple living, high thinking. A log cabin would be perfect for that.

4- No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You’d prefer people not to drop by unannounced.

Definitely no fence around my dream home. However, I don't particularly like people arriving without notice, nor do I like telemarketers phoning at any time they choose, interrupting me.

5- If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are general unhappy.

Aren't we all, basically? I don't really consider myself unhappy though. My visualization was of a small wooden table. Since I was out walking in the woods before entering the cabin, the table would be clean, and all the food would be put away and the dishes washed and put away as well. I never like leaving food out on the table if I'm out somewhere. Now, if I had been in that cabin from the get-go, that would be a different story. I would probably be cooking something and then setting the table with fresh foodstuffs/prasadam, rather than coming home to a table filled with leftovers.

6- Regarding the cup found in the back yard, my very first reaction was the styrofoam cup, probably because that's what I see most at my workplace. My very next reaction was that if I were in the woods, I would probably find a tin cup, in which case I would clean it out and save it. However, since I chose styrofoam, my natural reaction was that it was litter, so I therefore picked it up and walked to the nearest trash can and placed it there. I'd like to think that most devotees would do the same when confronted with litter. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

7 and 8 - The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

I chose pond, although a flowing creek came to mind immediately after that and seemed much more natural. As far as crossing the pond, my first and only reaction was to not cross it at all, but to walk around it. Therefore, I didn't get wet, which according to this test would indicate that sex desire is not very important to me, which it isn't, being that I am trying to snuff it out altogether.

Anyway, interesting test. However, the author of this test probably was not taking into account the perspective of an aspiring, neophyte devotee. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bhakta Dan

I've seen tests like this, but have never understood how a psychologist decides that a certain element in the story means something.

Thank you for saying this. I agree. They can only create such a test based on what they themselves recognize as life experiences, which are far from spiriutal, and even materially limited. I dont believe in this test, but it can be fun.

Perhaps the questions are given to thousands of patients so the doctor can deduce that 91# name their best friend as the person with them in the woods, etc.