IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to live day to day life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How to live life every single day, in order to attain self realisation.

I work for a s/w company and I have be there for a minimum of 8 hrs everyday for 5 days a week. So how do I plan my schedules...so that I do not forget God?

Thanks a lot

you have to chant hare krishna mantra everyday on a regular basis, to associate as much as you can with devotees.. even on the web like are you doing now.. to pray krsna and to arrange yourself for meeting with a bona fide vaishnava spiritual master to have valuable advices and to take, soon or later, the spiritual initiation...

if you are not doing like that already, i recommend also to not take meat and intoxicants, to avoid a "karma surcharge" very dangerous for our spiritual life.

Maybe, if you chant some hare krishna rounds, try to do it in the early morning before to do anything else.

(i have used some "technicalities" supposing that you are already at a certain point of knowing of the science.. please feel free to ask if my explanations are not enough)

Guest guest

I Have a guru and he is Raghavendra Thirtha of Mantralaya, believe me, he is the one, who showed me this path. But lately, I am unable to read the scriputes or recite Vishnusahasranama. Although I am forced to go out with my friends...I dont mind goin out once or twice a week.

i cannot suggest anything about your path because i only know it vaguely, so you can ask to your Guru Maharaja to have an advice for your actual situation... and maybe, if you have no time to recite Sahasra nama Stotram (i know... beautiful and transcendental.. very long) please chant even for some minutes a day, maybe going to work, this HARE KRISHNA, HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA, HARE HARE, HARE RAMA, HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA, HARE HARE...

this is a bonafide practice.. complete, traditional, transcendental and affective also if done for few minutes a day... it is bringing back to Bhagavan thousands of people all over the world

Guest guest

One idea is to keep small pictures of Krishna next to your computer terminal. Then the next time you are told "We need the project due yesterday." and you are all stressed you can look at the beautiful picture and feel calmer.

I suppose the key to understand how to serve God even while working, is to understand what our role is in society. We each have certain duties. A priest can spend all day praying. But that is not possible for a software engineer. You perform your duties as best you can, and make progress where you can. Probably association is the most practical change you can make. Try to find those people in your office who have a similar spiritual outlook. Then even during lunch or breaks, you can make progress simply by their association.

If you have earphones, you can listen to the teachings Sri Prabhupada or others, it works for me. For the whole day, it's either I am listening to Bhagavad gita and Audio Bible or Songs of Praises to the Lord. I have a Read Plus that I can just paste the stories in it and the computer will read it for me. If you want I can share it with you. In this way, I won't put my company's production at stake at the same time, learning and growing spiritualy. Also, if you have a Microsoft Outlook, you can make your own Calendar/Reminders that would pop up for your time to pray, even at least twice a day, depending on your schedule. It helped me also when I asked assistance from our Technical people to put a Background that everytime I open my computer it says "Isn't it nice to start you day with a prayer?" and also having a devotional/ scriptures screensaver. Also during free time, I really love to visit this site and read helpful advices and stories of devotees, though I am a Christian, I can say that I gained more wisdom through this site.

Do your best to listen and be closer to our God, and He will do the rest for you.

Jaya Yahshua! Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

" Probably association is the most practical change you can make. Try to find those people in your office who have a similar spiritual outlook. Then even during lunch or breaks, you can make progress simply by their association."

Therez no one in my office who is spritual. They are bothered about : How to Make MORE and MORE and MORE Money, built Big houses, get a beautiful wife etc etc etc etc . Thatz it. These people will laugh if I speak about God. So I dont bother to speak about it.