IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

question

Rate this topic

On another forum many people are discussing clones and wondering if they have souls. And if they say yes no one is able to state when that soul arrived.

Have we fallen behind? This question most likely will not have been taken up in the past writings so what do we do?

How would you answer that question if it should be asked of you? Most likely it will be in the near future.

Guest guest

there's no possibility to have a life without a soul

the cloning is on already fecondated (=living) embryos

yasoda nandana das

Presumably, the Soul would would enter at the very beginning of the process.

The soul is the principle of life and that which gives form to the material or physical body. Without a soul, decay and decomposition occur. This is precisely what happens at death when the soul leaves the body, decomposition begins to occur. So, if a thing is alive, it does have a soul.

What kind of soul does this clone has? It might just be a sentient soul and not a spiritual soul. Leaving aside the question of when, why they should even think about cloning animal or people when there are lots of them roaming around and are not been well taken cared of?

I think this is a very important question. If we cannot give specifics answers then some will say that modern science has proved there is no need for a soul to have entered the womb of the naturally pregnant women.

Myra, the only answer seems to be that these people are motivated for the money and fame and for that 'special' pleasure reserved for someone who thinks he can create life.

Just think of the high and money that would come to one who could appear to control the creation of human life.

Mad intoxicated scientists. What makes it worse is that they are also very intelligent.

It's fecundated (rootword: fecund) not fecondated.

Meaning: To make fruitful or prolific.

How are you theist? Hope you are keeping well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jaya Yahshua,

Myra

I agree that this is an important question. However, science carefully defined their terms and soul doesn't exist in it's glossary. They (scientists and unbelievers/scholars) say that "Soul" is a religious concept and not a scientific one. In short there is no such thing as "soul" concept, it doesn't exist. /images/graemlins/frown.gif therefore, the issue is undabatable.

It only takes more faith to believe that soul enters and life begins at the precise moment of infiltration of conception (I am speaking of a natural way of pregnancy). We can't put it in a diagram, when and how soul enters a the womb and brings life. God breathe life as these two cells unite and has a plan for each life He permits to be born.

Well, today many are engrossed with the astonishing "accomplishments" of science. Some are good of course, but I really condemn this cloning thing. Looking at it in a bigger screen, for me Scientists are such a fool in trying to create life when they can't even find a way to preserve one.

quote:

On another forum many people are discussing clones and wondering if they have souls. And if they say yes no one is able to state when that soul arrived.

<hr>

According to the Vedas the earth, air, wind etc are all alive; all have souls within them. So there is no such thing as dead matter, ultimately; if we see things as the sages did, we will be seeing Indra within rain and Bhumi within a clod of earth, and Agni within heat.

If we ask when does the soul enter matter, it can be said that the soul is in matter since time immemorial, in some sort of spirit form. If we take this further, we can even consider the possibility that not only are things such as rivers and mountains inhabited by the spirit of gods (devas) but also things such as cars and computers which are utilized by living minds and are extensions of the minds of men and women, just as our hands are also working under direction of the higher mind.

jnanam te' ham sa-vijnanam

idam vaksyamy aesatah

yaj jnatva neha bhuyo 'nyaj

jnatavyam avasisyate

In the Bhagavad-gita (7.2) Krsna says, "Arjuna, now I shall explain to you scientific knowledge not only about the soul, but also about its potency. The mind, the senses, and the modes of nature are all non-atma, or material. There is a direct and indirect approach towards reality which I shall now explain to you. Please listen attentively to Me: jnanam te 'ham sa vijnanam. What is this? There is Myself and My potency, and the jiva, the living entity, is the marginal potency which is filling up all these material worlds." If the jiva-sakti, the spiritual potency, were withdrawn, then everything would be stone, and who would care for exploitation? All this fighting tendency, this tendency for exploitation would stop if the marginal potency, the jiva, were withdrawn from matter. Everything would be dead. The soul has entered into this material consciousness and has made it a moving thing.