IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Jewish Atheist

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On New York's Upper West Side lived an assimilated Jew who was a militant atheist. But he sent his son to Trinity School because, despite its denominational roots, it’s a great school and completely secular.

After a month, the boy comes home and says casually, “By the way Dad, do you know what ‘Trinity’ means? It means the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.”

The father can barely control his rage. He seizes his son by the shoulders and declares, “Danny, I’m going to tell you something now and I want you never to forget it. There is only one God. AND we don’t believe in Him!”

A Jewish merchant (works for Gujaratis too... /images/graemlins/wink.gif with his mule had to cross a raging river on an old and flimsy rope bridge. Looking at the dangerous passage he makes a deal with God: Lord, if I cross safely I will donate 10 pieces of silver to your temple! As he safely got almost to the end of the bridge he mutters: That bridge was not so bad afterall, this was worth 2 pieces of silver at the most! At that moment the bridge shakes violently and the mule bolts... the merchant quickly yells: I was only joking Lord! Ten pieces as I have promised!