IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

On Chanting Hare Krsna

Rate this topic

I have a question. I understand that chanting Hare Krsna is the most powerful thing and it is non differnt then krsna himself. I also understand its the purest form of yoga as its bhakti yoga but my question is can we chant Hare Krsna without taking a bath? I mean we cant do most other devotional activities without taking a shower first but from what I understand and what devotees have told me is that chanting itself it the purifying source.

ANy comments, opionions, suggestion,

I need to take a shower, phewww!!!

Hare Krsna

I could smell it as soon as I clicked on the thread. And it's been an hour since you left. Do hope you showered.

I have read that if one cannot wash his mouth or bathe, then they can chant the Panca Tattva mantra to become cleansed to chant.

Just Wednesday, after eating an apple on the street I found myself in a situation with innocents who seemed interested in hearing me talk about God. I pressed my luck as I left and asked if they would like me to offer a prayer. My mind said "Apple!", but my heart said go. And after one Panca Tattva the apple hesitation was gone, and the mahamantra came out very very sweetly.

So, no hard and fast rules.

But burn those clothes, Dude!

Krishna Krishna

Hare Hare

gHaribol

sincerity should be the focal point of chanting, everything else will fall into place eventually by His arrangement.

chant, chant, chant...if you feel you must bathe first... then bathe (while chanting /images/graemlins/wink.gif of course)

"devotional service is dependent on nothing other than the sentiment or desire for such service...sincerity."

Guest guest

rupa goswami has a huge number of mahamantras to chant, to complete his daily duty he could not stop even while in the bathroom, eating and resting