IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Gita Favorites

Rate this topic

I was wondering how many unique verses we might get if everyone writes their fave verse here.

Mine has always been:<blockquote>"To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me".</blockquote>

Hare Krsna Prabhus,

My favorite verse is actually two together.....

bhagavad-gita 18chapter/verse65-66

Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homeage to Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

Be fearless and pure; never waver in your determination or your dedication to the spiritual life. Give freely. Be self-controlled, sincere, truthful, loving, and full of the desire to serve...Learn to be detached and to take joy in renunciation. Do not get angry or harm any living creature, but be compassionate and gentle; show good will to all. Cultivate vigor, patience, will, purity; avoid malice and pride. Then, you will achieve your destiny.

By Krishna Paramatma

<font color="red"> Bg.3.36-42 </font color>

<font color="blue"> <font color="green"> Arjuna said: </font color> O descendant of Vrsni, by what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force? </font color>

<font color="blue"> <font color="green"> The Blessed Lord said: </font color> It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material modes of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world. </font color>

<font color="blue"> As fire is covered by smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, similarly, the living entity is covered by different degrees of this lust. </font color>

<font color="blue"> Thus, a man's pure consciousness is covered by his eternal enemy in the form of lust, which is never satisfied and which burns like fire. </font color>

<font color="blue"> The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places of this lust, which veils the real knowledge of the living entity and bewilders him. </font color>

<font color="blue"> Therefore, O Arjuna, best of the Bharatas, in the very beginning curb this great symbol of sin [lust] by regulating the senses, and slay this destroyer of knowledge and self-realization. </font color>

<font color="brown"> http://www.asitis.com/3/36.html </font color>

Guest guest

Chapter 11. Devotional Service

TEXT 55

My dear Arjuna, one who is engaged in My pure devotional service, free from the contaminations of previous activities and from mental speculation, who is friendly to every living entity, certainly comes to Me.

Guest guest

Krishna

Neither fire can burn it.., nor air can dry it... neither it can be conquered

nor it can be defeated. He who sends junk mails cannot be looked down upon even

by Mahadev... Junk mails are immortal. /images/graemlins/wink.gif