IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

The Uniqness of krsna's Radhe

Rate this topic

"Lord Shri Krsna enchants the whole world, but shri Radha enchants even him. Therefore she is the supreme goddess of all"

(chaitanya-charitamrita, adi lila 4.93)

Yes, Radha Rani has the most important and unique position regarding Krsna and his pastimes.

I mean I came with this thought because as I was thinking of all the other goddesses I realised when you said Radharani's name a sudden sensation of bliss and understanding of krsna comes to you. You automaticaly think of Krsna.

Now there are other demigoddeses with names such as Durga, Kali et, etc etc but when you say Radharani's name it brings upon something beautiful.

Such a beautiful Name. Ra-dha. How can you offer your love to someone else when a name like radha can be vibrated through your ears. To me there is no attraction to the name of Kali or Durga, even their names are quite...how can I put this...unattractive.

I mean there are those names and then there is the name Radha or Radhe, you can tell her unique position just by her name.

Only Radha, Mother Hara and Krsna.

again......

........."Lord Shri Krsna enchants the whole world, but shri Radha enchants even him. Therefore she is the supreme goddess of all"

(chaitanya-charitamrita, adi lila 4.93)

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Yes because Hare is an address to Krishna spiritual energy. Srimati Radharani is the embodiement of this spiritual energy, therefore non-different.

We ask Srimati Radharani to engage us in Sri Krishna's service. And She is so merciful that She will grant us this desire if we truly beg for it when chanting the maha-mantra.

Hope this helped

but i was thinking what Hara and Hare means sort of where do they originate from.

why not in the maha-mantra radhe krishna radhe rama

instead of hare krishna hare rama?

sorry for any offences to ppls

hari bol!

barsanevali

--

What is the translation of this word?

The translation comes down to being this.

Barsa=rain or pours down upon

Vali= the lady who or she who

so it translates to the the lady or she who pours down on or rain downs on.

I think it translates to she pours down devotion or something

Gopala Guru Gosvami, drawing from the Brahmanda Purana (and adding the second stanza), has presented the following meaning for the maha-mantra:

= = = = =

vijJApya bhagavat-tattvaM cid ghanAnanda vigraham |

haratyavidhaM tatkAryamato haririti smRtaH ||

harati zrI-kRSNa-manaH kRSNAhlAda-svarUpinI |

ato harety anenaiva zrI-rAdhA parikIrtitA ||

AnandaikasukhaH zrImAn zyAmaH kamala locanaH |

gokulAnando nanda-nandanaH kRSNa Iryate ||

vaidagdhI sArAsarvasvaM mUrtalIlA dhidaivatam |

zrI rAdhAM ramayan nityaM rAma ity abhidIyate ||

"The Lord is known as Hari because he takes away the ignorance of his devotees by revealing to them the actual nature of the Supreme Lord and his personal spiritual form.

Because She steals Krishna's mind, because She is the incarnation of Krishna's joy, Radha is also known by the name Hara.

The dark, lotus-eyed lord, the only master of the highest joy, who brings pleasure to Gokula, the son of Nanda, is known as Krishna.

Krishna is also known as Rama because the joys of conjugal life are the essence of his being, because he is the titulary deity of loving sports incarnate, and because he brings pleasure to Srimati Radharani."

= = = = =

Relevant excerpts from his commentary on the maha-mantra:

= = = = =

hare - krsnasya mano haratiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! Radha is known as Hara because she steals Krishna's mind. I call out to her, O Hare! O Radhe!

hare - krsnasya lokalajjadhairyadi sarvam haratiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! Radha steals Krishna's sense of public shame and his self-possession. She steals everything of his and is thus known as Hara. I therefore call out to her, O Radhe! O Hare!

hare - yatra krsno gacchati tisthati va tatra tatra pasyati radha mamagre parsve sarvatra tisthatiti hara, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! Wherever Krishna goes, wherever he is situated, he sees Radha in front of him, by his side, all around him. In this way she disturbs his mind. I call out to her, O Radhe. O Hare!

hare - punas tam krsnam harati sva-sthanam abhisarayatiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! She once again steals Krishna away, making him come to her abode to meet her. She is thus known as Hara. I thus call out to her, O Radhe! O Hare!

hare - krsnam vanam harati vanam agamayatiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! She once again steals Krishna away, making him come to her kunja. She is thus known as Hara. I thus call out to her, O Radhe! O Hare!

hare - tatkalikam dhairyavalambanadikam krsnasya haratiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! She robs Krishna of the momentary self-control he is able to muster in her presence. She is thus known as Hara, and so I call out to her, O Radhe! O Hare!

hare - punah rasante krsnasya mano hrtva gacchatiti hara radha, tasyah sambodhane he hare |

Hare! Once again, at the end of the Rasa dance, as she leaves to return home, she steals Krishna's mind and takes it away with her. She is thus known as Hara, and I therefore call out to her, O Radhe! O Hare!

= = = = =

There's plenty more, but that should give the idea.

Guest guest

Could someone send and address where I can download tis "Radharani ki jaya" in mp3?

Thank you in advance.

Hare Krsna Prabhu.

THank you very much for the nice post. At first I wasnt sure who that was. I thought it was going to be some crazy Indian avatar of god. Anyways that was nice.

I was wondering something, what does the name Srinivas mean?

Its a beautiful name. I asked one indian gentleman and he just oh it means god. I am sure it just doesnt mean god it means something more then that.

Hope you can tell me.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Jaya Radhika

May you live long and grow unto your understanding of Sri Radha.

I today have viewed many wonderful comments about Radha.

I Love to hear the children sing Radha's name.

Please, come unto Our fold:

sri_radha

You will be most welcomed!

Of Radha,

Sri Sri Mata Radika

Guest guest

Krsna's Radhe is special because Krsna hm self is Radhe. Before the universe was created The lord evolved himself into Shree je ie Radha for multiplication of love and for the game of love, So Radha is special.