IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cure for loneliness

Rate this topic

sometimes the cure for lonliness is marriage, but that may not help with depression /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sunlight helps with depression (get married and live in the South?)

YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! Krishna is always there for you and so are we Vaishnavas! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

To be completely honest, for me they go hand in hand. Depression comes because I feel worthless and I feel loneliness because people make it even more worse.

My actions make it worser. I feel completely worthless and then I am supposed to be humble, how can you be humble with out feeling worthless?

you should not feel worthless, as this is just an illusion your mind tries to impose on you to make you sink into ignorance.

Depression can be a serious problem if not addressed properly. It is hard to solve this problem on internet alone. Do you not have anybody you trust to confide in and explain your situation? Find a mature devotee and talk to him or her about it one on one. It may take time but help is available. We ARE very special, all of us. Devotees are very rare in this world and we must stick together to serve Krishna better. Everything you need is already there, provided by Krishna. You just have to reach out and take it!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Good luck! Hare Krishna!

I passed thru a phase where I felt that my life was going nowhere- this used to lead me to depression, fits of anger and so on.

Once I started regular yoga practice and meditation, my problems disappeared and I feel calm and serene most times now.

Perhaps you could try meditation -start with half an hour a day.

depending on how long the severity of depression and loneliness you experience there are different approaches to overcome those feelings.

temporary feelings of loneliness and depression can be triggered by chemical reactions within our brain and and easy sure fire way to combat it is through regular exercise. exercise stimulates endorphines within our brain which control our mood and energy levels...plus getting out exercising you have the chance to meet others which could help your feeling of loneliness.

long term feelings of loneliness and depression could be factors of negative experiences you have gone through in your life which havent been resolved.

first you must fiqure out how often and how severe the bouts of depression and loneliness are and decide what approach you need to take to gain back control of your life.

Guest guest

ok, this may or may not help. Personally, when I am depressed or feeling completely isolated from everyone else, nothing helps because I can not get out of my own mind set, my own false ego grip on me. You are not this body! You are not this false ego!You are a spirit soul and God is within: you are never alone. It is false ego to think that you are different and eternally alone from everyone else. God would not leave you, He is there. I don't mean to put you down at all by saying that it is false ego. I know that how you are feeling now is painfull; beleive me I have been there too. That is why I can say that it is all an illusion. We are never alone. I will think that and beleive that for you, untill you can think that and believe it yourself.

Guest guest

take a dose of Aurum metallicum 10M potency (Homoeopathic) order from Boericke and Tafel in San Diego or San Jose Cal.

i'm serious and an experienced homoeopath.

Vaikunthanath das Kaviraj.

With a Brenda Lee chaser! (Lonely, Only the Lonely, All Alone Am I, respectively)

Narottam dAs ThAkur calls out to NityAnanda Prabhu:

kRpA valokana koro Ami boDo duHkhI...

Bhaktivinod ThAkur feels alone:

ekAkI AmAra nAhi pAya bol, harinAma-sankIrtane...

Do u live alone? U r not alone. We r all lonely.

I use non-commercial talk radio. Any near your home?

I occasionally call in with pertinent Vedik info.

Internet excellent, ideal to keep busy comunicating with devotees.

Kaliyuga is custom-built to depress everyone. Gradually everyone will become liar & cheater, so we may prefer loneliness instead of being repeatedly ripped off.

Better no sanga than asat-sanga

Guest guest

The question is not sanga or at-sanga, but how to cure loneliness. When a man is lonely, he might think any sanga would be better than the pain that loneliness brings. Thats the real problem.

He plans to remain here for 2-3 days. It's great that he's here, but I know he will soon go, after which we mostly shall speak by phone or email.

Referring to Gaurasundar dAs working in Hawaii 1971, SP said:

"Nowadays, we have these cars, so we have to go 30 miles, 50 miles, just to work or visit friends. In other words, for one convenience we have created 3 inconveniences... This is called mAyA-sukhAya... humbug civilization."

Guest guest

what would you know about absorption of gold? do you know what is a homoeopathic potency? any subsstance can be made dissolvable by the proper process. once there, it is certainly possible to be absorbed by the body. but this is a useless discussion, for it is not about the substance, but its mental and emotional properties. as everything in this world was made by consciousness, it is easy to understand that every substance carries a form of that consciousness. Gold carries the consciousness of failure and worthlessness in its sick state, whereas in its healthy state it represents the king.

Vaikunthanath das Kaviraj

Guest guest

I toooo am lonely, I do not have any friends who are god conscious, most them r materialists and First of all, I am reserved on top of it, I dont feel like speaking anything to these people apart from few enquires abt their wellbeing.

I sometimes feel very lonely and dont even feel like reading scriptures or chant lord's name as I feel lonely.

I never get lonely, and I am ALWAYS alone. There is hope. Live in front of the Bhagavad-gita for six months. Krsna shows us how to become free of the drama of daily life.

[moderators note: thank you, we have corrected it]

Guest guest

Poster: gHari

Re: Moderator

I never get lonely, and I am ALWAYS alone. There is hope. Live in front of the Bhagavad-gita for six months. Krsna shows us how to become free of the drama of daily life.

-------

Now this is the TV I want to be plugged in.

Read Gita and die!