IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

Advice needed

Rate this topic

I just spent a weekend with my mother and she went through colon cancer and the doctors have her on that protein only diet so she thinks eating meat is the only good thing for her to eat. With both of my parents I can't convince them that meat eating is horrible and I have been trying for over 10 years. Is there any way Krishna will forgive her for her meat eating because she is being fooled by these doctors? My parents are the whole world to me and I can't bear the thought of them suffering like they are going to if they keep eating meat. Is this Krishna trying to have me become detached from my parents?

Also known as garbonzo beans (a likely name), a half cup of chick peas contains 64 grams of carbohydrates, 24 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat. Eat a plate of them and you'll feel like Hercules. I think even a staunch meat-eater will feel filled after such a meal.

Perhaps you can find a nice recipe and excuse to cook for Mom. My mother told me I would die if I didn't eat meat. Thirty years later, while I know my body will die, I know it will not be from a lack of the poisons in slain animals.

is beans. Any beans, like gHari said chick peas. i am vegetarian and we always eat beans, like chick peas, moong.

you know what you should do, go to the closest Indian grocery store and ask them where they keep there beans, they will be a entire row just for beans (a wide variety). that could help.

we used to eat so much beans that for the past eight to nine months we dont eat that much because my dad has too much protien in his body and his fingers get really puffy. So that is why we dont eat that much. So, it is a good source of protein.

Guest guest

All pulses are rich in protein. the green gram can be bought in any grocery stores. If not in western stores, you can buy them in Indian stores. Soak it in water over night for about 24 hrs and after germination one can eat it as such since germinated seeds are rich in proteins. Dont give too much of channa dhal as it is also rich in cholesterol. Thoor dhal and Urad dhal are good. Best food would be Idli which is actually 3:1 ratio of rice and urad dhal soaked overnight and mixed well in mixie. Steam cook it in idli plates and its the most harmless food and very very good for health rich in both carbohhydrates and protein. No fat also as u dont oil and it never creates digestive trouble also. Eating meat is not good for health leaving behind all religious reasons. even scientifically I would not advise any patient to eat meat and egg as they are rich in cholesterol and triglicerides.

it is due to conditioning that those who consume meat keep up the practice and think that they "cannot survive" without meat products.

"protein" is basically slang for "amino acids" of which there are 22 known amino acids - 14 are nonessential(our body produces) and 8 essential(must get from outside sources).

Of these 8 essential amino acids...vegetables, grains and dairy are VERY sufficent at meeting our daily requirements.

now ponder this...

the beautiful cow also consumes vegetables, grains and dairy.

when humans consume the cow they acquire the amino acids which the cow consumed in the form of vegetables, grains and dairy along with the cows natural amino acids.

it's plain to see that the consumption of animals acquires extra amino acids which our bodies already produce (and we dont need the extra)and the useable amino acids humans get in the form of animal flesh can easily be substituted by directly eating the vegetables, grains and dairy and not the unneccessary slaughter of animals for our food.

Do not worry about the success of your preaching to your parents as it is in Lord Krishna's hands. Parents rarely listen to their children. It is commendable that you try very hard to help them. This interaction is a lesson to both you and your parents.

Hare Krsna,

My mom has been won over to the strict vegeatarian life, but it took me since i was 17 to convince her and now i am(body)47!

She has lots of friends who are on this protein diet they call it the meat diet. The cows used to get this diet but for them it was a problem called keetosis. They would lose a lot of weight and not give milk untill we fixed the problem of keetosis. And like others wrote beans or legumes should be the source for anyone who want to have keetosis.The cows would lust after soybeans when they had it.

What worked with my mom was when she read books such as "fast food nation" and other books on the subject of Meat.