IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How can I stop being bullied,abused and exploited ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I mean all my life

even as an aspiring devotee I have been bullied by friends,family and institutional authorities.

How can I put an end to all of this hellish pattern of abusive behaviour perpetuating itself again and again ?

Well, its a common problem for us all. Maybe we have to learn to accept those bullies as Krsna's teaching tools that He uses to drive home the lesson that this world of the exploiter and exploited is not our real home. And then we must move our consciousness from this world of exploitation to the world of loving service.

I am tired of it too and this is the only solution that makes sense to me.

A friend once asked me "Do you want to know the truth?yes" I replied. He answered."Then stop lying."

Hmmmm...

Guest guest

Nah, we have to learn how to stick up for ourselves, and when to stick up for ourselves, when to step out of the way. That is the lesson of life. Prabhuapda was so pure, yet he did not back down or fear a confrontation. I admit, I don't like cofrontations, and some should be avoided, not all. That is my lesson in life. If we dont get our lessons, a next life maybe.

Guest guest

Use the Gopi method, they too were abused by the society and they too were sufferring, but they meditated on the beautiful form of krishna and krishna himself shielded them from getting hurt. Definitely mentally and I think physically too, but I am not sure.

Oh wow, we are not gopis and should not try to immitate or be more advanced then we really are. Maybe you didn't mean that, but without clarification the risk is there. Anyway, we can meditate on Krishna at the same time we are learning how to become strong. Matter of fact, accepting our various challenges in life can make us shake in our shoes so much while taking them on (talking about me here ha) which in turn forces us to think of Him!

I have been put thru the mill, so am not just speaking out of my hat. Humility is too often not honored and instead is treated as weakness, even by some devotees and/or some authorities. Its not what we want to hear, but its a fact. Its also not an absolute truth, and not something we should loose, just balance. We often have been passiive when we should have been strong (not agressive), then agressive when we should have been passive. (cuz holding things in made it so we couldn't take it anymore and blew up.) And this is what passive/agressive is.

So we have to be careful we dont use what we think is spiriutal philosophy to support our emotional problems.

A friend once asked me "Do you want to know the truth?yes" I replied. He answered."Then stop lying."

WOW! Good one Thiest! Yes, we lie to ourselves, we lie about our emotions, we lie about what we really want to do for service when they ask us to stretch it, we say they didnt mean what they said when indeed they did, hmmmm I bet more could fit on this list, but at the moment I can't think of any.

Guest guest

I am not trying to be more "advanced" when I say this, please don't take my thoughts in a negative way. However, I do think that we should not care what other's think of humility. Being strong is right, but in another perspective, the humility itself is not weakness and if we don't think it is, then why care what others think of it. I am not saying be passive and do nothing, when some one is abusing me, I should take necessary action in the right way to stop it. however, When I do not respond to the harsh words and actions of the abuser, the hatred turns into respect and I have seen this work in my short life. In my humble view, this is because there are two parts to an action, one the action itself and the other the response, the abuser wants to provoke a response, when there is none, the action stops completely.

Also, about blowing up, people just pretend that they are humble when they don't want to. Being humble does not mean force oneself to be humble, it is not submission of our feelings by force, but elevation of certain feelings by attachment to higher ones.

Bhakthi is a form of oriental psychology and it works. Humility and love is just strength in disguise of "weakness".

Guest guest

Dear theist,

Now there is a good title for your next book.

Chapter 1:

How to give up lying to oneself

I mean it's totally disgusting how we are real hypocrites

to our selves(our souls).The deep meaning is that I shall never know anything about the Absolute Truth if i don't become "thoughly honest" as stated in S.B. first canto;

the S.B. is meant for those who are honest and have given up malice,spite and envy.

----------

--------

Great Theistic Quote

Remember the story of Narad Muni and the snake?

I am sure someone out there knows this story which I think is from the Bhagavatam.

Just show your hood

They will back off.

I know how you feel, because of being pushed around I am in the situation I am in now. Its detrimental to your spiritual life if someone is abusing you and the chanting stops, reading stops and all you think about is how you are being abused or taken advantage of.

Enough is enough.Its time for a change. Stand up now or it will be to late, like my situation. If only I stood up sooner.

Now I am showing my hood, its always raised and I might even strike. Remember that to serve krsna you need strength and krsna is the strength of the strong.

Show your hood.

Hare Krsna

I am not trying to be more "advanced" when I say this, please don't take my thoughts in a negative way.

I do not think 'you' are trying to be more advanced. Matter of fact, I thought you meant this with all good intent. But it needed clearing, as one who does not know could stretch it toward sahajiya. Again, not saying you are doing this.

However, I do think that we should not care what other's think of humility.

Well yes, but that's easy to say if you don't live in a temple (or close by but are surrendered to the temple, therefore your whole life is busy there). Temple lifestyle is entirely different, and your reputation follows you everywehere, which in turn effects how others treat you. So its not that we should care with others think of us, but to understand what they think of us, is how they will treat us. In this sense, we care. At least, until we become pure devotees. :-)

Being strong is right, but in another perspective, the humility itself is not weakness

Of course its not.

and if we don't think it is, then why care what others think of it.

I get the feeling your room and board, medical, clothing, etc., is not dependent on temple authorities.

I am not saying be passive and do nothing, when some one is abusing me, I should take necessary action in the right way to stop it. however, When I do not respond to the harsh words and actions of the abuser,

And can go home where you can get away from them.

the hatred turns into respect

Sometimes, not all times. This is a partial truth but should not be misunderstood as an absolute truth.

and I have seen this work in my short life. In my humble view, this is because there are two parts to an action, one the action itself and the other the response, the abuser wants to provoke a response, when there is none, the action stops completely.

This theory is not backed up by any literature on abuse. If anything, it sets a person up to be abused. But not if they can get away from the problem/person/etc, which I suspect you can.

Also, about blowing up, people just pretend that they are humble when they don't want to. Being humble does not mean force oneself to be humble, it is not submission of our feelings by force, but elevation of certain feelings by attachment to higher ones.

Right.

Bhakthi is a form of oriental psychology

1.Bhakti yoga is not new to me. I have been practicing it many years. But as a psychology? It's purpose is to get us out of the material world, to help us develop love of Krishna.

2. One size fits all psychology is not a good idea. With that said.......

and it works. Humility and love is just strength in disguise of "weakness".

I understand humility is not weakness. I was under the impression that the original poster, and others actually, were indicating this is the way they have been treated not only by nondevotees, but by devotees too. Surely devotees know humility is not weakness, but still it happens that some translate it that way. Many authorities do in fact translate it that way. Not all of them, but my point is, unless you have gone thru living in an ashrama and/or tightly under a (devotee) authority, there is much more to it than you may be aware of, so to please see this other perspective. Thanks.

Guest guest

/images/graemlins/smile.gif experience is a good thing to have even if it is a bad thing to be experienced.

I understand what you're saying Prabhu. I am not new to this kind of "struggle" in life (I called it struggle because it's not a joke to follow what is right), but it even get worst when I've been associated with a devotee and been practicing the things that my family and friends are not used to. Like for example to become a strict vegetarian, chanting and wearing long skirts. I received disappointing feedback, comments and bullies. I have even received comments from my colleagues such as the "Depreciating Econ. Analyst" or "resistant to change". At first, it made me feel bad and they have really reached the limit of my patience. I wanted to let them know that I am right and they are wrong. But it even made them happy that I reacted that way. Then, I realized that I can't make the fire subside by adding woods in it, instead by water.

Now, whenever they bully me, I just keep quite, but it doesn't mean I accepted their notion that I am moving backward/backslide. Until... they get tired of doing that. When they stop, I "fit-in" with them and slowly letting them know the reasons why I am doing this. Since then, I have been sharing to them the wonderful stories and philosophies of this community. I got their interest now.

Sometimes it takes perseverance to deny ourselves from this material world. Like Theist have posted when he was told to "stop lying"... it's not actually lying but denying/restricting ourselves from any form of mundane activities.

As always, whatever we do: right or wrong, people around us will always have something to say. But who really is the One that will have a final say? Why should I care? After all, we are not in this world to please men, but to love, do service and please God.

God Bless!

Myra.

experience is a good thing to have even if it is a bad thing to be experienced.

Good point! /images/graemlins/smile.gif And so true.

Myra,

Yes, but where do you live? In the ashrama? My understanding was the poster either lives in the ashrama, or nearby but made the choice to run his life in a similar manner. Much philosophy can be preached, but association is important. If we live in associaiton that harasses us, we first need to either set stronger boundaries, or relocate. After that we can employ these philosophical points.

SRI NRISIMHA KAVACHA

of the Trailokya Vijaya in the Samhita of Brahma

1. Sri Narada-uvaca

indr-adi deva vrndesa

pateshvara jagat-pate

maha vishnor nrisimhasya

kavacho bruhi me prabho

yasya prana thanad vidvan

trilokya vijayi bhavet

Sri Narad Muni said: “My dear father and lord, master of the Universe, lord of the multitude of demigods headed by Indra, kindly tell me the kavaca mantra of Lord Nrsimha, the incarnation of Visnu. O master, reading this kavaca aloud, a learned man will become victorious throughout the three worlds."

2. sri brahmovaca

srinu narada vaksyami

putra shrestha tapodhana

kavacham narasimhasya

trailokya vijaya bhavet

"Lord Brahma said: My dear Narada, please hear me. O best of my sons, who are rich in austerity, I shall speak this kavaca of Lord Narasimha, which gives victory over the three worlds."

3. yasya prapathanad vayami

trailokya vijayi bhavet

shresthaham jagatam vatsa

pathanat dharanat yataha

"My dear boy, by recitation of this kavaca an eloquent person will become victorious throughout the three worlds. It is by reciting this and meditating deeply on it that I (lord Brahma) am the creator of all these planetary systems."

4. laksmir jagat-trayam pati

samharta cha maheshvaraha

pathanad dharanad deva

babhuvush cha digishvaraha

"It is by reciting and meditating upon this that Laksmi maintains the three worlds, and Lord Siva destroys them. Also the demigods in this way became controllers of the different directions."

5. brahma mantra nayam vakshye

bhutadi vinvakaram

yasya prasadad durvasa

trailokya vijayi munih

pathanad dharanad yasya

shasta cha krodha bhairavaha

"I shall speak this essence of all Vedic mantras, which wards off all kinds of ghosts and hobgoblins. By its grace the sage Durvasa became victorious throughout the three worlds, commanding respect and most fearful in his anger."

6. trailokya-vijayasyasa

kavachasya prajapatih

rshish chandash cha gayatri

nrisimho devata vibhuhu

"For this kavaca, which is directly perceived as giving victory over the three worlds, I (Brahma) am the Rsi, Gayatri is the metre, and the all powerful Nrsimhadev is the Deity."

7+ 8 ksraum bijam me shirah pati

chandra-varno maha-manuhu

"ugram viram maha-visnum

jvalantam sarvatomukham

nrisimham bhishanam bhadram

mrtyu-mrtyum namamy aham"

dva-trimshad aksharo mantro

mantra-rajah sura drumaha

"One should place Lord Nrsimha's mantra bija, ksraum, on one's head, thinking, 'May my head be protected by the moon-colored one, who is the greatest among humans. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one, who's faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, or the one who can overcome death.' One should place this mantra, composed of thirty two syllables upon his head. It is the king of all mantras. It is like a wish fulfilling tree for the demigods and devotees."

9. kantham patu dhruvam ksraum hrid

bhagavato chakshusha mama

narasimhaya cha jvala

maline patu mastakam

"One should also place ksraum firmly upon his neck for protection. Placing the word bhagavate upon his heart, narasimhaya upon his two eyes, and jvala maline on the top of his head, one meditates upon the different parts of this narasimha mantra protecting the different parts of his body."

10. dipta-damshtraya cha tatha

agni netraya cha nasikam

sarva-raksho-ghnaya sarva

bhuta-vinashanaya cha

"One should place on his nose the syllables dipta damstraya agni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya. (Obeisances unto Him, whose teeth are blazing, whose eyes are fire, and who destroys all ghosts and raksasas.)"

11. sarva-jvara-vinashaya

daha daha pacha dvayam

raksha raksha sarva-mantra

svaha patu mukham mama

"Meditating on the protection of one's face, one should place there the syllables ‘sarva jvara vinasaya daha daha paca paca raksa raksa. ksraum ugram viram maha visnum jvalanatam sarvatomukham nrsimham bhisanam bhadram mrtyu mrtyum namamy aham. ksraum bhagavate narasimhya jvalamaline dipta damstrayagni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya svaha’. (This means: Unto He who vanquishes all fevers, oblations. Burn and burn, cook and cook, protect protect. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one whose faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, or who can overcome even death. Unto the Personality of Godhead Narasimha, garlanded with blazing energy, whose teeth are glowing and whose eyes are fiery, who kills all raksasas and demons and annihilates the ghosts, to You my oblations)"

12. taradi ramachandraya

namah payad gudam mama

klim payat pani-yugmam cha

taram namah padam tataha

narayanaya parshvam cha

am hrim kraum kshraum cha hum phat

"Meditating on the protection of one's rectum, one should first sip water for purification and chant om Ramacandra namah. Sipping water again one should place the bija mantra klim on both of his hands together. Thereafter one should place om namah on his feet and narayanaya on his side, as well as the bija mantras am hrim kraum ksraum hum phat."

13. varaksarah katim patu

om namah bhagavate padam

vasudevaya cha prishtham

klim krishnaya uru-dvayam

"Praying for the protection of one's waist, one should place there the varaksara Om. One should place the syllables om namo bhagavate upon his feet, vasudevaya on his back, and klim krsnaya upon his two thighs."

14. klim krishnaya sada patu

januni cha manuttamaha

klim glaum klim syamalangaya

namah payat pada dvayam

"Upon his knees, one should place the mantra klim krsnaya, thinking that the Lord may always protect me in His form as the best of human beings. Then one should sip water for purification and place the mantra klim glaum klim syamalangaya namah upon his feet."

15. kshraum narasimhaya kshraum cha

sarvangam me sadavatu

"One should meditate upon the constant protection of the body, placing the mantra kshraum narasimhaya kshraum upon all his limbs."

16. iti te kathitam vatsa

sarva-mantraugha-vigraham

tava snehan mayakhyatam

pravaktavyam na kasyachit

"Lord Brahma continued: My dear boy, thus I have told you the embodiment of the potencies of all mantras. Because of your great affection I have explained it to you, although it is not to be spoken to just anyone."

17. guru-pujam vidhayatha

grihniyat kavacham tataha

sarva-punya-yuto bhutva

sarva-siddhi-yuto bhavet

"Having performed worship of the spiritual master, one may accept this kavaca. Having become enriched in his pious activities he will attain all perfections."

18. shatam ashtottaram chaiva

purashcharya vidhih smritaha

havanadin dashamshena

kritva sadhaka-sattamaha

"Performing the ritualistic ceremonies of purification (purascarya) one hundred and eight times is equal to one tenth the effect received by that best of devotees who chants this kavaca."

19. tatas tu siddha-kavacaha

punyatma madanopaman

sparddham uddhuya bhavana

lakshmir vani vaset tataha

"Laksmi, the Goddess of fortune, and Sarasvati, the Goddess of speech and learning, reside in the home of that fortunate soul who has become perfected by this kavaca, giving up the intoxication of competing with others for supremacy."

20. pushpanjalyashtakam dattva

mulenaiva pathet sakrit

api varsa sahasranam

pujayah phalam apnuyat

"Simply offering eight times puspajali and reading only once the original version, one attains the result of even a thousand years of worship."

21. bhurje vilikhya gutikam

svarnastham dharayed yadi

kanthe va dakshine bahau

narasimho bhavet svayam

"If one write this down on a leaf or bark of a tree and keeps it within a golden capsule on his neck or right arm, Lord Nrsimhadev will be personally present."

22. yoshid vama-bhuje chaiva

purusho dakshine kare

vibhryat kavacham punyam

sarva-siddhi-yuto bhavet

"A woman may keep it on her left arm, a man on the right hand. Certainly this most auspicious kavaca brings all perfection to the bearer."

23. kaka-vandhya cha ya nari

mrita-vatsa cha ya bhavet

janma-vandhya nashta putra

bahu-putravati bhavet

"A woman who is totally barren, or who bears only one child, or whose sons are lost or dead may become possessed of many sons."

24. kavachasya prasadena

jivan mukta bhaven-naraha

trilokyam kshobhayasyeva

trailokya vijayi bhavet

"By the grace of this kavaca, a man becomes jivan mukta, liberated soul even within this life time. He is able to move the whole universe, and certainly becomes victorious throughout the three worlds."

25. bhuta-preta-pishachash cha

rakshasa danavash cha ye

tam drishtva prapalayante

deshad deshantaram dhruvam

"Certainly bhutas, pretas, pisacas, raksasas, and danavas all immediately flee from the country and go to another upon seeing it."

26. yasmin gehe cha kavacham

grame va yadi tishthati

tam deshantu parityajya

prayanti chatidurantaha

"In the home or even the same village where this kavaca exists, all such demoniac creatures, once having understood its presence, give up that place and go far away."

Thus ends the Sri Nrsimha Kavaca, of the Trailokya Vijaya in the Samhita of Brahma.

<!--msthemeseparator-->

inmhorsa.gif

Sri Nrisimha Kavacha of Prahlad

from the Brahmanda Purana.

shri nrisimha kavacha-stotram

nrisimha-kavacham vakshye

prahladenoditam puraa

sarva-raksha-karam punyam

sarvopadrava-naashanam

1. I shall now recite the Narasimha-kavacha, formerly spoken by Prahlada Maharaja. It is most pious, vanquishes all kinds of impediments, and provides one all protection.

sarva-sampat-karam chaiva

svarga-moksha-pradaayakam

dhyaatva nrisimham devesham

hema-sinhaasana sthitamah

2. It bestows upon one all opulences and can give one elevation to the heavenly planets or liberation. One should meditate on Lord Narasimha, Lord of the universe, seated upon a golden throne.

vivritasyam tri-nayanam

sharad-indu-sama-prabham

lakshmyaalingita-vaamaangam

vibhuutibhi rupaashritam

3. His mouth is wide open, He has three eyes, and He is as radiant as the autumn moon. He is embraced by Lakshmi devi on his left side, and His form is the shelter of all opulences, both material and spiritual.

chatur-bhujam komalaangam

svarna-kundala-shobhitam

saroja-shobitoraskam

ratna-keyuura-mudritam

4. The Lord has four arms, and His limbs are very soft. He is decorated with golden earrings. His chest is resplendent like the lotus flower, and His arms are decorated with jewel-studded ornaments.

tapta-kaanchana-sankasham

pita-nirmala-vasasam

indradi-sura-maulishthaha

sphuran manikya-diptibhih

5. He is dressed in a spotless yellow garment, which exactly resembles molten gold. He is the original cause of existence, beyond the mundane sphere, for the great demigods headed by Indra. He appears bedecked with rubies which are blazingly effulgent.

virajita-pada-dvandvam

shankha-chakradi-hetibhihi

garutmata cha vinayat

stuyamanam mudanvitam

6. His two feet are very attractive, and He is armed with various weapons such as the conch, disc, etc. Garuda joyfully offers prayers with great reverence.

sva-hrit-kamalasamvaasam

kritvaa tu kavacham pathet

nrisimho me shirah patu

loka-rakshartha-sambhavaha

7. Having seated Lord Narasimhadeva upon the lotus of one's heart, one should recite the following mantra: “May Lord Nrisimha, who protects all the planetary systems, protect my head.”

sarvago ‘pi stambha vasaha

phalam me rakshatu dhvanim

nrisimho me drishau paatu

soma-suryagni-lochanaha

8. Although the Lord is all-pervading, He hid Himself within a pillar. May He protect my speech and the results of my activities. May Lord Narasimha, whose eyes are the sun, and fire, protect my eyes.

smritam me patu nriharih

muni-vaarya-stuti-priyaha

nasam me simha-nasas tu

mukham lakshmi-mukha-priyaha

9. May Lord Nrihari, who is pleased by the prayers offered by the best of sages, protect my memory. May He who has the nose of a lion protect my nose, and may He whose face is very dear to the goddess of fortune protect my mouth.

sarva-vidyadhipaha patu

nrisimho rasanam mama

vaktram patv indu-vadanam

sada prahlaada-vanditaha

10. May Lord Narasimha, who is the knower of all sciences, protect my sense of taste. May He whose face is beautiful as the full moon and who is offered prayers by Prahlada Maharaja protect my face.

Nrisimha patu me kantham

skandhau bhu-bhrid ananta krit

divyastra-shobhita-bhujaha

nrisimhah patu me bhujaha

11. May Lord Narasimha protect my throat. He is the sustainer of the earth and the performer of unlimitedly wonderful activities. May He protect my shoulders. His arms are resplendent with transcendental weapons. May He protect my shoulders.

karau me deva-varado

nrisimhah patu sarvataha

hridayam yogi-sadhyash cha

nivasam patu me harih

12. May the Lord, who bestows benedictions upon the demigods, protect my hands, and may He protect me from all sides. May He who is achieved by the perfect yogis protect my heart, and may Lord Hari protect my dwelling place.

madhyam patu hiranyaksha

vaksha-kukshi-vidaranaha

nabhim me patu nriharihi

sva-nabhi-brahma-samstutaha

13. May He who ripped apart the chest and abdomen of the great demon HiraNyaaksha protect my waist, and may Lord Nrihari protect my navel. He is offered prayers by Lord Brahmaa, who has sprung from his own navel.

brahmanda-kotayah katyam

yasyasau patu me katim

guhyam me patu guhyanam

mantranam guhya-rupa-drik

14. May He on whose hips rest all the universes protect my hips. May the Lord protect my private parts. He is the knower of all mantras and all mysteries, but He Himself is not visible.

uru manobhavah patu

januni nara-ruupa-drik

janghe patu dhara-dhara

harta yo ‘sau nri-keshari

15. May He who is the original Cupid protect my thighs. May He who exhibits a human-like form protect my knees. May the remover of the burden of the earth, who appears in a form which is half-man and half-lion, protect my calves.

sura-rajya-pradah patu

padau me nriharishvarah

sahasra-shirsha-purushaha

patu me sarvashas tanum

16. May the bestower of heavenly opulence protect my feet. He is the Supreme Controller in the form of a man and lion combined. May the thousand-headed Supreme enjoyer protect my body from all sides and in all respects.

mahograh purvatah patu

maha-viragrajo ‘ghnitaha

maha-vishnur dakshine tu

maha-jvalas tu nairritaha

17. May that most ferocious personality protect me from the east. May He who is superior to the greatest heroes protect me from the southeast, which is presided over by Agni. May the Supreme Vishnu protect me from the south, and may that person of blazing luster protect me from the southwest.

pashchime patu sarvesho

dishi me sarvatomukhaha

nrisimhah patu vayavyam

saumyam bhushana-vigrahaha

18. May the Lord of everything protect me from the west. His faces are everywhere, so please may He protect me from this direction. May Lord Narasimha protect me from the northwest, which is predominated by Vaayu, and may He whose form is in itself the supreme ornament protect me from the north, where Soma resides.

ishanyam patu bhadro me

sarva-mangala-dayakaha

samsara-bhayatah patu

mrityor mrityur nrikeshari

19. May the all-auspicious Lord, who Himself bestows all-auspiciousness, protect from the northeast, the direction of the sun-god, and may He who is death personified protect me from fear of the rotation of birth and death in this material world.

idam nrisimha-kavacham

prahlada-mukha-manditam

bhaktiman yah pathenaityam

sarva-papaih pramuchyate

20. This Narasimha-kavacha has been ornamented by issuing from the mouth of Prahlada Maharaja. A devotee who reads this becomes freed from all sins.

putravan dhanavan loke

dirghayur upajayate

kamayate yam yam kamam

tam tam prapnoty asamshayam

21. Whatever one desires in this world he can attain without doubt. One can have wealth, many sons, and a long life.

sarvatra jayam apnoti

sarvatra vijayii bhavet

bhumyantariksha-divyanam

grahanam vini varanam

22. He becomes victorious who desires victory, and indeed becomes a conqueror. He wards off the influence of all planets, earthly, heavenly, and everything in between.

vrishchikoraga-sambhuta

vishhapaharanam param

brahma-rakshasa-yakshanam

durotsarana-karanam

23. This is the supreme remedy for the poisonous effects of serpents and scorpions, and Brahma-raakshasa ghosts and Yakshas are driven far away.

bhuje va tala-patre va

kavacham likhitam shubham

kara-mule dhritam yena

sidhyeyuh karma-siddhayaha

24. One may write this most auspicious prayer on his arm, or inscribe it on a palm-leaf and attach it to his wrist, and all his activities will become perfect.

devasura-manushyeshhu

svam svam eva jayam labhet

eka-sandhyam tri-sandhyam va

yah pathen niyato naraha

25. One who regularly chants this prayer, whether once or thrice (daily), he becomes victorious whether among demigods, demons, or human beings.

sarva-mangala-mangalyam

bhuktim muktim cha vindati

dva-trimshati-sahasrani

pathet shuddhatmanam nrinam

26. One who with purified heart recites this prayer 32,000 times attains the most auspicious of all auspicious things, and material enjoyment and liberation are already understood to be available to such a person.

kavachasyasya mantrasya

mantra-siddhih-prajayate

anena mantra-rajena

kritva bhasmabhir mantranam

27. This Kavacha-mantra is the king of all mantras. One attains by it what would be attained by anointing oneself with ashes and chanting all other mantras.

tilakam vinyased yas tu

tasya graha-bhayam haret

tri-varam japamanas tu

dattam varyabhimantrya cha

28. Having marked ones body with tilaka, taking achamana with water, and reciting this mantra three times, one will find that the fear of all inauspicious planets is removed.

prasayed yo naro mantram

nrisimha-dhyanam acharet

tasya rogah pranashyanti

ye cha syuh kukshi-sambhavaha

29. That person who recites this mantra, meditating upon Lord Narasimhadeva, has all of his diseases vanquished, including those of the abdomen.

garjantam garjayantam nija-bhuja-patalam sphotayantam hatantam

rupyantam tapayantam divi bhuvi ditiyam kshepayantam kshipantam

krandantam roshayantam dishi dishi satantam samharantam bharantam

vikshantam purnayantam kara-nikara-shatair divya-simham namami

30. Lord Narasimha roars loudly and causes others to roar. With His multitudes of arms He tears the demons asunder and kills them in this way. He is always seeking out and tormenting the demonic descendants of Diti, both on this earth planet and in the higher planets, and He throws them down and scatters them. He cries with great anger as He destroys the demons in all directions, yet with His unlimited hands He sustains, protects, and nourishes the cosmic manifestation. I offer my respectful obeisances to the Lord, who has assumed the form of a transcendental lion.

iti shri brahmanda-purane prahladoktam

shri nrisimha-kavacham sampurnam

Thus ends the Narasimha-kavacha as it is described by Prahlada Maharaja in the Brahmanda Purana.

I mean all my life

even as an aspiring devotee I have been bullied by friends,family and institutional authorities.

How can I put an end to all of this hellish pattern of abusive behaviour perpetuating itself again and again ?

I am only humble with devotees who can understand this mood and respect it and with devotees who can not, Iam assertive and "show my hood" in a calm and firm manner.

Confidence also means that you are not afraid to let others know how you feel about their behaviour, if they dont respond and change for the better, you should stay away from them, but do not criticize them.

However, If you also get bullied by friends and even relatives and it was something that took place even b4 you became a devotee, then it might be something in your personal make up, that triggers this of and you have to work on yourself a little, in order to get rid of whatever it is.

It could also be that you are to sensitive to what others do and say in your presence and see their intentions in a wrong way, if this is the case and you openly show your dissatisfaction, then this kind of reaction from you, can also promt further bullying and abuse, especially from non devotees.

You can write to me and tell me what exactly you are going trough and what the circumstances are, I might be able to help you, no charge.

p.w.w (at) ntlworld.com

Spiriuality is not an easy path

*To get out from worldy pleasures is difficult.

*When someone attempts to become spiritual , obstructions are common and discouragement is plenty,

* As long as you respond to or react ; you promote their methods

and encourage them.

* Respond back with a smile at each of their attempts and a pleasing " thank you" and see the change.

I mean all my life

Sweety! Don't let people bully you. Forgive them, sure, but don't let them bully you. You have to chastise them. Prabhupada ate bullies for breakfast. You have to put them straight, its your duty. The problem is devotees are humble but we mustn't confuse humility with pridelessness. We are proud to be Krishna's devotees, it is not ourselves we defend but Prabhupada and Krishna.

We must never let those so deep in Maya that they believe they should control us be allowed to do so. The only thing they understand is beat or be beaten. When someone is as proud as a house you must pull them down. Do not relish it for its own sake and look for confrontation, but don't get confused about your duty. We are here to destroy the demoniac mentality. You are precious because you are precious to Krishna, defend yourself because you are His jewel and go out and make shining diamonds out of lumps of coal by chastising them so hard that they have no choice but to give up the darkness and shine.

You're such a dear. Its not your karma to be bullied. I think its your karma to be put into a situation where you get subjected to it so often that eventually you have no choice but to say "I will suffer this no more!" then you will be gallant like a warrior prince and fight like a dasaratha, you're humble enough so now be fearless. Pick up your sword and fight!

I mean all my life

It's your Karma. Some time in the past, you did something which hurt a lot of people, and now, they are doing the same.

Accept it with a smile, don't be sad or angry about it - to avoid generating new Karma. If you feeling sad, then just pour your heart to God and get on living.

"You, your Self is your own best friend or your own worse foe" - I think it is from Gita.

Was it Arjuna's karma to be bullied by the Kaurava's? He certainly seemed to think so in the opening chapters of the Bhagavad Gita. He wanted to give up his duty and live in the forest and constructed all manner of excuses as to why that was preferable to challenging bullies. Krishna explained in exact detail exactly why such indecisiveness about one's duty was not acceptable. Human association is the means by which concsiousness can be expanded and purified. The bullies rule the world by force. Should we let them continue or should we shed light on the world and establish a culture that defies the necessity for bullying? If its our karma to accept bullying why don't we just lie back and accept the bullying from our senses?

I've been strung that line about bullying being my karma so many times. It's not true. Every interaction you have with another human being is an opportunity to advance your own and also their consciousness. The problem with most Iskcon devotees is that they have become inward looking and have forgotten that Prabhupada's mission was meant to incorporate the whole world.

We must set an example to others who are not aware of spiritual values, show to them that there is value in living a different way of life. We must break the spell that Maya has cast upon them. If somebody you encounted believes it is perfectly acceptable to bully you, you have a duty to correct them. You also have the power and the authority to do so because the answers are there in the Bhagavad Gita which you must live to represent.

Everybody Prabhupada encountered he attempted in some way to advance their consciousness. How do you advance a bully's consciousness if you let them ride rough shod all over you? To accept bullying as your karma is an Iskcon myth and it leads to loss of faith and nescience. You must be brave and strong and humility is the key to developing such strength. If it was left to the dictat of your senses the fact of the matter is the path of least resistance would be the preferable one and it is this path that the advocates of bully tolerance are encouraging you to take; to avoid confrontation at all costs is Maya, sense gratification. You must be humble and realise there are more important things in life than the gratification of your senses. There are things greater than yourself that are worth fighting for. You must not challenge bullies to inflate your own ego but you are obliged to do it in order to correct their demoniac mentality. Out of compassion also you have a duty to challenge bullying as if you do not change a bully's ways they will simply move on from you to the next person and bully them and thereby degrade the consciousness of the whole world due to their demoniac mentality.

Prabhupada would not tolerate bullying of himself or others, why are we advocating the tolerance of bullying in his name? Before Prabhupada left this world there was developing already within Iskcon a culture of bullying and he made every attempt where he could to challenge that in order to defend the movement. Anyone wanting to do their research can find out what happened within Iskcon once Prabhupada left in terms of the eventual consumption of Iskcon through a culture of bullying. Bullying is controllership, it stands in complete contradiction to surrender and spiritual values. It is the rot of the world and it must be fought.

Please stop telling this poor soul they should tolerate bullying. Guest, as a devotee I insist that you must protect yourself from bullies and do not fall for these seductive arguments about accepting bullying as your lot. It may have come about for some karmic reason. I don't know and I really don't think the source of the bullying is the imporant issue here. The important thing is that you have the power and a duty to challenge it and thereby bring the cycle to a close, not just for yourself but for the people who are bullying you. If someone murders you in this life you will come back in the next life and have the opportunity to murder them. Would you want such an opportunity and would you take advantage of it? If you bullied someone in your last life and they are now getting the opportunity to bully you should you let them, or should you as a devotee help them to break the cycle so that neither of you have to be trapped any longer in this abusive merry-go-round that ties you to the material world? I ask because I know that really you know the answer, I think those who do not think their arguments through to their logical conclusion are confusing you about your duty.

Hari Om,

Eckhart Tolle says that if you observe the pain or irritation or discomfort or disturbance or insult,, impersonaly, it will soon disappear.

Ramana Maharshi would ask, enquire, To whom is this bulling occuring.? To whom is this disturbance happening.? etc etc.

Watching the phenomenon with alertness and dispassion and patience, the problem will disappear.

Do not retaliate. But at the same time do not budge or give in. Mahatma Gandhi showed us the path of active civil disobedience. Keep asking them 'Why?' whenever they bully you and they will soon have no answer.

Martin Luther King once said, "Christ showed me the way, but Gandhi showed me the Method."

Was it Arjuna's karma to be bullied by the Kaurava's? Should we let them continue or should we shed light on the world and establish a culture that defies the necessity for bullying? If its our karma to accept bullying why don't we just lie back and accept the bullying from our senses?

Please stop telling this poor soul they should tolerate bullying. Guest, as a devotee I insist that you must protect yourself from bullies and do not fall for these seductive arguments about accepting bullying as your lot. It may have come about for some karmic reason. I don't know and I really don't think the source of the bullying is the imporant issue here. The important thing is that you have the power and a duty to challenge it and thereby bring the cycle to a close, not just for yourself but for the people who are bullying you.

Sorry if I misunderstood you Sephiroth. I'm a bit over anxious to challenge the kind of 'its your karma' argument that left me subject to bullying in iskcon for so long. I'm also a bit worried that Guest isn't looking at this discussion anymore because the 'just accept that you were a bad person and deserve it' camp have been a bit over anxious to get their point across. wish you all the best.