IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subala

Subconscious mind

Rate this topic

I read about it in many different places (besides SP books)

Can anyone help me to research this topic or provide references from SP books, your guru or vedas etc...

Please back up your evidences, because there is so much on this topic was written/spoken.

subconscious mind - is it paramatma or some other material element?

Guest guest

it is a term that attempts to explain

phenomena that materialists deem to be

not functioning due to our conscious

mind,i.e dreams,memory,etc.

also they refer to this as the unconscious

mind, psychology attempts to give "therapy"

to bring about "mental health" by getting

to the sub conscious mind, mostly

it is about as accurate as Voodoo.

there is no sub conscious mind,

paramatma is supplying all these things

directly.

I tend to agree,

is there reference of any kind on this thought?

Even if this statemend will be proven valid (in future) it is invalid unless there is reference in satra.....

If you come across it plz let me know...

Guest guest

Bhagavad gita 15.15

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

PURPORT

The Supreme Lord is situated as Paramatma in everyone's heart, and it is from Him that all activities are initiated. The living entity forgets everything of his past life, but he has to act according to the direction of the Supreme Lord, who is witness to all his work. Therefore he begins his work according to his past deeds. Required knowledge is supplied to him, and remembrance is given to him, and he forgets, also, about his past life. Thus, the Lord is not only all-pervading; He is also localized in every individual heart. He awards the different fruitive results. He is worshipable not only as the impersonal Brahman, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and the localized Paramatma, but as the form of the incarnation of the Vedas as well. The Vedas give the right direction to people so that they can properly mold their lives and come back to Godhead, back to home. The Vedas offer knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, and Krishna in His incarnation as Vyasadeva is the compiler of the Vedanta-sutra. The commentation on the Vedanta-sutra by Vyasadeva in the Srimad-Bhagavatam gives the real understanding of Vedanta-sutra. The Supreme Lord is so full that for the deliverance of the conditioned soul He is the supplier and digester of foodstuff, the witness of his activity, and the giver of knowledge in the form of Vedas and as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna, the teacher of the Bhagavad-gita. He is worshipable by the conditioned soul. Thus God is all-good; God is all-merciful

Subconscious mind is a psychic concept. The rela. of it with conscious mind is like that of a stem with its branches. For a common person, his mind keeps out of sub. mind. The more conscious a person, the closer his mind to sub. mind & the more he gets from his inside until he fully awakes in spirituality.

Thank you Siva

description of subconcous mind -

from

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~jhobson/scroll1.htm

".....And what will be accomplished with this habit? Herein lies the hidden secret of all man’s accomplishments. As I repeat the words daily they will soon become a part of my active mind, but more important, they will also seep into my other mind, that mysterious source which never sleeps, which creates my dreams, and often makes me act in ways I do not comprehend.

As the words of these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind I will begin to awake, each morning, with a vitality I have never known before. My vigor will increase, my enthusiasm will rise, my desire to meet the world will overcome every fear I once knew at sunrise, and I will be happier than I ever believed it possible to be in this world of strife and sorrow.

"

I read/heard lots of descriptions of subconscous mind and not to bother you about it -

I believe subconscous mind is Paramatma Himself. Wich guiding atma through its course of life. Anumanta and upadrista.

Sanctioning and observing the deeds of atma.

I still take it with a grain of salt for I still looking for direct reference... by the way BG 15.15 is closest I seen.