IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Further the service of the pure devotees of Lord Krishna

Rate this topic

You consciously serve their will.

If you approach a devotee and ask how you may serve, you are really asking "How may I fulfill your will?"

So the essential thing is we must find out the will of the devotee. And we must always examine the sincereity of our own will in fulfilling theirs.

Myself as someone who doesn't even steadily fulfill the basics of rising early and chanting 16 rounds needn't look to much further to know how to best serve. I should do the obvious before asking for more service.

Until then we can support the devotees' students and disciples in their various projects in service to him. Or just offer to wash some pots at your local temple. This is not a big hidden esoteric mystery.

Help a friend understand that they are not the body but rather a particle of God. That is serving the devotees will.

What do we think, the devotee is going to send us on some mission to a far away land if we are not doing the basics nicely?

We tend to over mystify what is very practical and simple.

"What do we think, the devotee is going to send us on some mission to a far away land if we are not doing the basics nicely?"

Yep, thats true.

Also i hate washing up.

I don't mind sweeping up, for some odd reason,

maybe i was a house-wife in my past life lol!

"Myself as someone who doesn't even steadily fulfill the basics of rising early and chanting 16 rounds needn't look to much further to know how to best serve. I should do the obvious before asking for more service."

-also the basics is a direct service to the pure devotee, and we can do it in direct association

personally i am more inspired in chanting and following when my gurumaharaja is around and more enthusiastic (like now) when i know that i will meet him in a few days

the pure devotee knows our mind, he will ask to us exactly what is good for us to advance... one will be asked to bring a glass of water, another will have to open a temple in ruanda, another, simply.. as my disappeared friend MANA SATITA prabhu, will be recommended to "Sit properly!!" while chanting japa by srila prabhupada

(and even a "little" thing like this can change our lives upside down

only if one is a tremendous offender it is better to stay away from devotees, but they are so mercyful that they call him and bring him back to godhead

--------------

ramananda roy says to sri chaitanya mahaprabhu:

"apart from separation from the devotee of krishna, i know no unbearable unhappiness"

madya lila 8.248

T:"Myself as someone who doesn't even steadily fulfill the basics of rising early and chanting 16 rounds needn't look to much further to know how to best serve. I should do the obvious before asking for more service."

Y:-also the basics is a direct service to the pure devotee, and we can do it in direct association

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean here.

personally i am more inspired in chanting and following when my gurumaharaja is around and more enthusiastic (like now) when i know that i will meet him in a few days

That's great and very natural I would think. Some seem to be inspired by knowing he is in his instructions and is present right now. Very little seems to inspire me these days except the fear of death.

the pure devotee knows our mind, he will ask to us exactly what is good for us to advance...

Yes the Lord in the heart knows our mind completely. The guru is His external manifestation.

only if one is a tremendous offender it is better to stay away from devotees, ...

Not sure what this is in reference to. I hope you don't think I am saying stay away from devotees.

All I am saying is that I see little use in approaching guru and asking "how may I serve you" when we are not even doing the basics in a steady manner. That doesn't mean one shouldn't hear. But why waste the vaisnava's time with some pretend game of wanting to serve. The time is there to chant 16 rounds.

"T:"Myself as someone who doesn't even steadily fulfill the basics of rising early and chanting 16 rounds needn't look to much further to know how to best serve. I should do the obvious before asking for more service."

Y:-also the basics is a direct service to the pure devotee, and we can do it in direct association

------

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean here."

-i was saying that also performing our basic duties is a service to vaishnavas, exactly like the more "heroic" things.. so we will have benefit if we do it in their presence, maybe to be corrected.. so "basic" and "more service" is the same

>>>>>>>>>

"Very little seems to inspire me these days except the fear of death"

-it seems that you are out of the illusion.. Yamaraja in SrimadBhagavatam says that he is amazed by the fact that humans seeing millions of people who die every day, hour, minute, second... they are behaving as they will never die.

So yours is a great realization and advancement.. i am only on the sentimental side /images/graemlins/smile.gif

>>>>>>>>>

Yes the Lord in the heart knows our mind completely. The guru is His external manifestation.

- and in spirit, external and internal is the same.... and to be "indirect" in the spiritual world is very nice.. so, to be the servants of the paramatma is good, to be the servants of the servants of paramatma is better.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Not sure what this is in reference to. I hope you don't think I am saying stay away from devotees.

- no, that's a continuation of my message, not directly related to you....

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"All I am saying is that I see little use in approaching guru and asking "how may I serve you" when we are not even doing the basics in a steady manner."

-yes.. approaching the guru with futile subjects is an offence, and also to make questions if we are not ready to follow the intructions given in the answers.... because it leads to the 3rd offence to the holy name: To disobey the orders of the spiritual master.

So you are right, as you were before, i wanted only to say that to be in presence of advanced devotees is the most desiderable thing, also if we have not to show something big or to ask some big service.. it is good also to stay in the shadow and to see them act, speak, eat, preach .. if we will be fortunate we will remember these rare circumstances in our difficulties, if we will be most fortunate, we will remember guru and vaishnavas at the moment of death.

So let us stuff our mind with the vision and words of vaishnavas

Oh, now I see more clearly what you were saying. Yes, the basics is the service also.

This is from a lecture Prabhupada gave in Auckland feb 22, 1973 on SB 6.1.15

Devotee (1): How can one reach the point where he knows that a particular type of service...

Sruta-kirti: How can one reach the point where he knows a particular type of service...

Devotee (1): ...will please the spiritual master?

Madhudviña: He wants to know how to find out how to please the spiritual master with one service.

Prabhupäda: The spiritual master has given you so many things to do. Do it. First of all finish that. First of all finish sixteen rounds, observe the regulative principles. First of all... First of all finish this duty. And neglecting this duty, what you can do further? If you cannot finish sixteen rounds chanting, you cannot observe the regulative principles, then what else you can do? First of all finish this duty. Be expert in finishing, executing these duties. Then ask for another duty. And if you finish these duties, automatically Krsna will give you intelligence. Teñäà satata-yuktänäà bhajatäà préti-pürvakam [bg. 10.10]. One who is actually engaged in the service of the Lord, buddhi-yogaà dadämi tam, “I give him intelligence.” Krsna will give you intelligence. You will be able to talk with Krsna from within if you become sincere. If you cannot execute the preliminary duties, then how you can execute further duty? There is no question.

<font color="red"> Prabhupäda: The spiritual master has given you so many things to do. Do it. First of all finish that. First of all finish sixteen rounds, observe the regulative principles. First of all... First of all finish this duty. And neglecting this duty, what you can do further? If you cannot finish sixteen rounds chanting, you cannot observe the regulative principles, then what else you can do? First of all finish this duty. Be expert in finishing, executing these duties. Then ask for another duty. And if you finish these duties, automatically Krsna will give you intelligence. Teñäà satata-yuktänäà bhajatäà préti-pürvakam [bg. 10.10]. One who is actually engaged in the service of the Lord, buddhi-yogaà dadämi tam, I give him intelligence. Krsna will give you intelligence. You will be able to talk with Krsna from within if you become sincere. If you cannot execute the preliminary duties, then how you can execute further duty? There is no question. </font color>