IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

Can Swami Narayan be Krsna?

Rate this topic

Well I am just curious. I know there are many out there who claim to be krsna and such.

Funny thing was that a Swami Narayan follower came to my house once when I wasnt home and preached to my mom.

I so wish i was there.

Anyways whats up with them

I dont find them to be legit.

Am I a fool, a rascal? Am i being offensive.

Please let me know.

Hare krsna.

Plz Remember ... words can cut deeper then the sharpest sword. Cutting with sword can easily be paapam, think about what you say.. dont talk down, it is paapam to talk down.

I have a lot of respect for Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and i have also a lot of respect for the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha they are doing good work.

Your sampradaya this and sampradaya that is making me think of dangerous sectarian practices...WHAT HAPPENEND TO RESPECT??

It is easy to criticise all the way from Canada, isnt it?

I think if you want to know if you are a fool or a rascal .. plz go and read bhagavat gita some more, you will definetely get answer.

Hare Krishna.

Winand.

About papaam and such you have to realise something. There are many fakes out there.

THere are four main sampradayas and if they are not following them then its not legit.

Now as for respect and such and reading the bagavat gita.

See Bhaktivinoda thakur i am sure read the gita. Yet there was this Phalgu Bhagavam near his town who claimed to be god much like 'Satya' Sai 'afro Baba of today. Phalgu bhagavan claimed to visnu and such but Bhaktivinoda Thankur had him arrested. Later on ofourse this Phalgu Bhagavan commited suicide.

Now it in nector of instruction(Sri Upadesh Amrit) it is stated that one should not associate with non devotees and people who are detrimental to your spiritual life. Associate with devotees and such.

Now first try understanding vedic culture before you bring up points without reading sastra accuratly.

LIke in the Srimad Bhagavatam no mention of your Afro Baba.

Thank you.

Hare krsna.

Yes, respect and compassion is good but intelligance has to go with that too.

A lion is a spirit soul as well but we dont hug lions because simply their nature is to eat us.

Thank you.

Hare krsna.

Guest guest

So the canadian boy thinks he understands Vedas... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Srila Prabhupada has said that 90% of the devotees will leave, ...the way you are disrespectfully talking about other mahatmas will support his words, dont you think, one does not have to read sriptures to understand that.

I am trying to teach you something about respect .. but you say: sampradaya this and sampradaya that, you are missing the point completely boy!

[1] How can you love without respect?

[2] A great bhakta should have respect.

[3] So concluding: you are not a great bhakta........

You say afro another can call you child-molester.. that game is a game of fools so plz cut the ... and continue your devotion to Sri Krishna Bhagvan.

If someone is fake(not legit) to you ...then good, why make the fuss, let people decide for themselfs, many people (80 million) have good expreiences with baba.. are you jealous onthat? ...your fanatic attitude will lead you to bliss?? Dont think so.

Have you met baba? No, then you are basing your arguments on ohter people their oppinion, so you are gossiping, in ramayam Sri Raamji says .. to gossip is the greatest paapam.

Jaya Shri Devi

Winand.

Well first I dont understand any vedas.

Second this "Canadian boy" is an eternel spirit soul. Not a canadian or American boy or girl. Funny about how we are not this body is mentioned in the vedas.

Yes you should read what an actual mahaatma is. It is stated in the chapter 9.13

Now 90percent will leave because they dont follow prabhupad properly becuase prabhupad has strict rules and regulations which most people dont like following. I dont eat meat, have never had illicit sex, never gambled, never enjoyed intoxicants(including coffee, tea, onions and garlic) I am initiated by Gopal Krsna Maharaj one of Prabhupads dearest disciples.

Now I love being taught things but can i ask you.

What is love if you dont love krsna, his words, his devotees and his parampara.

I am not a great bhakta. I am a bhakta in training and will be for the rest of my life. I do have respect for the vedas and to follow them properly is respect and love.

Loving someone who is taking advantage of people because they want to be cheated is not love.

Yes and i have met baba. I have met people who have met "afro" Baba. And guess what, they didnt like the fact that he was fake.

The the Bhagavatam where it says krsna will come down as an avatar. He doesnt come as an ugly guy with an afro.

See when someone asked Prabhupad about Sai "afro" baba Prabhupad said that anyone claiming to be G.O.D God is non different then D.O.G.

THis is Srila Prabhupad.

Now read more of praphupads books and you will see how he exposes these fools and demons.

Thank you.

Hare Krsna.

Guest guest

Yes, the four main Sampradayas are:

The Brahma Madhava Gaudiya Sampradaya

The Rudra Sampradaya

The Sri Sampradaya

The Kumara Sampradaya.

The Swaminarayan Sampradaya is connected to the Sri/Ramanuja Sampradaya. They are bona-fide Vaisnava Sampradaya. Please read Lord Swaminarayan's Shikshapatri:

http://www.swaminarayan-online.org/html/shikshapatri/

LIke in the Srimad Bhagavatam no mention of your Afro Baba.

You will not find one reference to "Lord Chaitanya" in the Bhagavat Purana, what's your point?

Guest guest

Actually Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is mentioned a lot in the vedas. Perticularly as the "channa" Avatar or Hidden Avatar.

Could you please provide verse numbers?

Hare krsna, by the way I am not here to start fights or being disrespectul to you. I just had a thought and i posted it.

I never meant to disrespect you. If you follow swami Narayan thats fine.

BUt as for Sai "afro" baba.....anyways.......

Please dont get offended by anything I say.

I am just an ass.

hare krsna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

While you are asking about quotes

could you please provide the

same for Sai Baba.

I don't believe that Sai Baba is an avatar. If any of his devotees here do, than they can feel free to provide them.

Hare krsna prabhu.

Can you please provide me with more info on swami narayan as you see it. Not just some link with something i have to read.

I have been on those and it didnt keep my interest long enough

Sorry in advance for making this message long, but I hope that it will be helpful to those in confusion.

From what I have heard, read, and believe...

Swaminarayan was a great devotee of Krishna, or at least I think. In the book "Shikshapatri" that he wrote, he states that Lord Krishna is God, the source of all incarnations and we, as beings, must worship Him, Krishna. I think that this was done(the writing of the Shikshapatri) in the early years of his being selected to status of his guru, which was selected by his guru. After some time, it seems, the power of maya got hold of him, and he seemed to preach that he was equivalent to Krishna. When a fellow sant of his said that he did not believe this and believed that Swaminarayan is greater than Krishna, and even Krishna is an incarnation of Swaminarayan. Thus the sant was punished in some way(not hurt by a whip or physically, but not given any food or something similar). Even after some days of this stubbornness of the sant, he(the sant) did not give up his belief that Swaminarayan is greater than Krishna.)

When I heard this, I thought that Swaminarayan is right in not agreeing with the sant; however, after some time, Swaminarayan congratulated this sant and declared that the sant was right. He(Swaminarayan) said that the Lord loves devotees like this, and that a true devotee of God must have this kind of faith in God. Thus, he declared that he was the ultimate, even superior to Lord Krishna and Lord Rama.

In a part of his life, he told the maha mantra "Swaminarayan" to his followers. This is not stated anywhere in the "Shikshapatri"(that is, this maha mantra). If he was the ULTIMATE, would this not have been known by him throughout his entire life? Yet he decided to establish his name as the maha mantra.

I do not mean to be offensive to anyone; this is my view on the Swaminarayan Sampradaya. My family believes in Swaminarayan, and this is how I have come to know these details. I do not believe in Swaminarayan any more, and just believe in Krishna, for he is my true Father, my God.

Answer this, if he was the ultimate, then why did he not state this(him being greater than Krishna) any where in the Shikshapatri(which most of his followers recite everyday, even if a small portion each day)? Why does he state that Lord Krishna is the source of all incarnations, and nothing about himself being source of all? Just because all of a sudden he decides that he wants his followers to worship him, does that give him the right to declare that he is greater than the ONE he himself declared to be the greatest, which is Lord Krishna?

Some people may say that Swaminarayan devotees worship Radha-Krishna, just like the Lord Caitanya followers. However this is not really accurate. They may have the idols or statues of Radha Krishna available in the temple of theirs of their puja; but, they don't really worship them. Sure, they offer obeissances to Radha Krishna and Krishna, but while doing puja, they chant 'Swaminarayan'. The only reason that they have these idols of Radha Krishna(it seems) is because Swaminarayan wrote that the followers of his should believe that Krishna is great.

My mom said that when Swaminarayan wanted to establish a temple, he decided to make it mainly of Lord Rama. However, there was controversy amongst the people, and thus he(Swaminrayan) decided to make the main deity in the temple Narnarayan Dev. This idea was accepted. Would Swaminarayan not have known what deity to establish if he were the Ultimate?

I am sorry for making this reply so long.

Jay Sri Krishna

Guest guest

when Ramanand Swami guru told the saint that one day bhagwan will be here and show the true meaning of great Sahajanand Swami. If you read the swami ni vato it will show how great Sahajanand Swami is

Sahajanand Swami ni Jay

Nar Narayan dev ni jay