IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Winand

The Children of Srila Prabhupada

Rate this topic

Did you know that Srila Prabhupada has 4 children, who has more info on them?

I read in a biography that his wife and kids arent devoted to Sri Krishna. I also read that He wanted his wife(& kids) to be devoted, but she(the mrs) even had sold His copy of the Gita because she needed te money.........

Guest guest

absolutely not with the wife!!!!!!! (he was a sannyasi)

sometime with the sons.. also to care economically for them

Guest guest

Many women for that matter make their husbands sanyasi but few of the men really become one and help others to get enlightened.

Guest guest

Does anyone know of the reason, why Prabhupada-ji could not make His own wife understand why loving Sri Krishna is Great? Does the biograpy mention reasons???

Jaya Shri Devi

Winand.

Guest guest

I know the biography mentions that Prabhupada-ji very much wanted his wife and kids to become devoted to Sri Krishna Bhagvan.

Guest guest

Does anyone know of the reason, why Prabhupada-ji could not make His own wife understand why loving Sri Krishna is Great? Does the biograpy mention reasons???

Because you can't 'make' anyone a devotee, they have to 'want' to become one. Even Krishna Himself gives us this freewill. Prabhupada tried with his wife, she was not so interested is my understanding. But in the end she is liberated anyway because the family of a pure devotee is liberated many generations both backwards and forwards, what to speak of the immediately family members.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

sometime with the sons.. also to care economically for them

Only the sons? Not the daughter? Is this your opinion or do you have proof?

YS,

Prtha dd

yes Prabhupada "apparently" could not make his wife take to KC.

So is Krishna couldn't make Duryuodhana unedrstand...

So what is your point?

This is our philosophy - freedom of choice. But his wife and his children will benefit speritually from his association.

Actually Srila Prabhupada had 3 sons and 2 daughters. In my first Ratha Yatra in Calcutta in the 80's I aproached an elderly Bengaly lady and tried to sell a book to her and to my surprise she was Sulaksman, one of Srila Prabhupada's daughters. very charming lady, she was accompanied by her son. Vrindavan De, the youngest son of Srila Prabhupada, has a daughter living in Mayapur, she is initiated and married. Other relatives come very often to the temple.

When his wife passed away they brought her body outside the temple and a kirtana party was sent with the family members.

Iskcon Calcutta takes care finantially of the living children and they live in a nice apartment in Park Circus.