IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Questions about Krishna's Pastimes

Rate this topic

mainly in three places Vrindavana, Mathura, Dwaraka (and their surroundings)

these places are in india, it is possible and advisable to go there on pilgrimage.. for most of us a journey in these places is the most amazing and deepest experience in our lives

I was there!! when I was really young. Anyway, at that time we had to go deep into a room where they prayed to krishna. It was very small.

Also, they sold lassi outside in bowls made out of dirt, I remember drinking it and getting sick /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The temple in mathura is half temple and half mosque. It is so sad that they didn't leave the most sacred place in India alone.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks for giving this happy and joyful picture of mathura-vrindaban:D

(the most sacred place in the world is considered the centre of seva kunja.. where krsna performs rasa dance

this center is not in the "little" seva kunja that is now visible (and most sacred!!) but in radha damodara temple)

harekrishnaaaaa!!!!

(the most sacred place in the world is considered the centre of seva kunja.. where krsna performs rasa dance

I believe Radha Kunda is considered the pinnacle of all pastime-places, viz. Sri Upadesamrita 9-11.

Guest guest

If the pastimes of Krishna took place in India why do people in Krishna art not look at all like the people of India. They look closer to European which makes no sense

If the pastimes of Krishna took place in India why do people in Krishna art not look at all like the people of India. They look closer to European which makes no sense

- because it is right that one serves krsna within his own culture and art

(prabhupada said, about radharani of radha-parisisvara (the lord of PARIS!!), that she, as a french girl, is very beautiful..... so krsna and radha are also westerners!!!!!!)

Guest guest

So can an African person in 2003 paint him with a jersey, jeans, and a gold medallion around his neck?

there's also rules and limits.... read nectar of devotion (bhakti rasamrita sindhu), see the bodily features of krsna and tell me if it is compulsory to depict him as a modern indian... or, like we have krsna murtis with big differences between them, surely there's a freedom to represent krsna (or in wich form krsna appears in the mind of a devoted artist).. limited freedom, but not limited by race and nation

Gangsta' Rap Krsna may be stretching it too far.

Reminds me of a Madonna and baby Christ painting I saw one time in a Catholic art gallery. It was from Japan. Both Mary and Jesus were shown as Japanese. Mary in Kimono holding child Jesus. It was very beautiful and attractively done.

Guest guest

So can an African person in 2003 paint him with a jersey, jeans, and a gold medallion around his neck?

That is the most racist and stupid thing I have ever heard. Whoever wrote that is a complete idiot.

Guest guest

I apologize if you were offended by my statement. I know it is not PC, but I was just trying to determine how much flexibility a devotee has when painting an image.