IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindu Muslim Relationship.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I am born Muslim. Talkin about myself, yes i am a muslim, i have a know how of my religion and read namaz (prayer) sometimes whenever i get time. mostly on fridays, but u can say i have also committed alot of sins so i do not practice my religion that much.

In my life i have loved a person (girl), that i have really loved and cared about and she is HINDU. Talking about other religion beleive me i totally give my due respect to other religion and people from other religion even before i met her. I am from pakistan, and beleive me its totally true that the problems between pakistan and india are totally politically based not on religion. There is no where in Quran and no where we are tought that we should kill others or forcefully convert their religion, no. NO WAY. I put person, his/her moral values, his/her personality first then religion.

If you cut ur finger and i cut my finger, you would see we both have the same color of blood. then y fights.

now the problem is she is just totally worried what we are going to do, how we are going to take it further. how we are going to convience our parents. I know i am going to somehow convience my parents, but she is really worried about it, and just because of that she wants to step out of the relationship which just piss me off, cause atleast she should try atleast once and talk to her parents, but she says her parents will just go in bad health by hearing that.

I really honestly loved and love her, but just too confused what to do. She called me up and said oo its religion we cannot go further, because we are not allowed to be together (hindu/Muslim) difference, and i just can't take that, i am really strong on this part and always tell her that beleive me it will be fine. it will be fine. IT WILL WORK OUT.

What to do?

Guest guest

Why do we keep getting these persistent "I belong to religion X, She belongs to religion Y, we're in love so what do we do questions?"?

It's obvious that the people engaged in these premarital relationships have little spiritual inclination towards any religion. Why they should bother us with their problems is beyond me.

If you truly love that person then marry her as she is after talking to her parents. If your parents and her parents are both educated then they will probably understand your situation.

You might want to go and search a hindu/muslim thread here...

"It's obvious that the people engaged in these premarital relationships have little spiritual inclination towards any religion. Why they should bother us with their problems is beyond me."

Totally agree with you. This is a spiritual forum after all.

My advice is that you should give your girlfriend an ultimatum. Either she wants you or she pleases her parents. It's very simple.

Guest guest

<font color="blue"> If you really care about her that muich, you should consider converting to Sanatan Dharma (Hinduism).

it seems that you having nothing against other religions, so there is nothing wrong with fllowing the path of Sanatan Dharma.

J.Wong <font color="blue"> </font color>

Thats my advice. Hey, anything can work if you make it work. Thats up to you. There will probably be problems with in-laws not liking the situation, but what can you do. Just keep an open mind and an open heart.

Guest guest

In Vedic culture, men and women are brought up chaste. This means not only that they don't have sex before marriage, but also that they observe a strict separation of the sexes. There is no kissing, hugging, hand-holding, or even any kind of casual association.

If this girl's parents find out that she has been seeing another boy, regardless of his religious background they will likely be unhappy. Civilized culture and basic honor require that a male seeking a girl's hand in marriage present himself before the girl's parents first. Conversely, a male who secretly woos a girl without her parents' knowledge is understood to be no better than a raakshasa. It doesn't matter if he claims to be Hindu, Muslim, "devotee" or what have you.

So-called "love" is really based on the bodily platform. If this girl were ugly, fat, old, or diseased, your "love" for her would not last long. Spiritual life is meant to transcend this bodily platform of consciousness. To this end, marriage is designed to allow that spiritual journey with sense gratification being pursued in a regulated manner.

My suggestion is that you back off, take stock of your life, figure out what the purpose of it is, and start asking yourself some tough questions before you presume to be worthy of anyone's "love."

AM

Guest guest

we are not in vedic times, no one is qualified now to choose a husband or bride for another... their problem is simply about sectarism, there's not real religious motivations involved. In my opinion every one, girl, boy, parents, relatives, are concerned only by gross material problems. The best thing would be that they escape, maybe in another country, and start a new life away by all these useless problems

Guest guest

I would like to start my post by saying that I wish more people would register before posting. Although submitting posts as Guest provides some degree of anonimity, I check the forum often and would like to have some background for the person with whom I am holding a dialogue.

With that said...getting back to the issue of an inter-faith marriage. I, a Hindu have been in a relationship with a Muslim boy for several years now. This relationship became serious earlier this year and the parents on either side were made aware that this will eventually lead to marriage. They have asked us to seriously think about this decision and so he and I have been doing extensive research...trying to find couples like ourselves on the internet to investigate what issues may potentially arise in the future. In my research, I've noticed certain trends, and I think that most people will agree with our findings.

1st) the couple has to be totally accepting and respectful of eachother despite their personal and religious differences. This means participating in each others functions (religious, social, family, whatever) for the comfort of your spouse, even if it holds no significance to you. It should be important to you for the sole reason that it is significant enough to your spouse to want you to attend.

2nd) Avoid as much outside social pressure as possible. This includes family, friends, neighbors, etc. You can't let outside people influence your decisions. You'll never be able to please everyone, so just work on keeping YOU and your spouse happy.

3rd) As long as you and your spouse are happy , the kids will follow suit. You can't worry about what or how you will teach them to have faith in God because kids are smart and they'll pick up on the subtleties of how each parent practices before any major issues arise.

In the relationships which are not so successful which unfortunately, is more often the case than not, one (usually the Muslim spouse) may force the other to convert whether it is for themselves or they are asking on behalf of someone else..ie. asking your partner to convert because it will make your parent's lives easier, not necessarily because it's important to you that you share the same faith. Other times, it's because one succumbs to the negative influence from externally. ie...asking your spouse to dress/act/behave a certain way so you don't have to hear sh*t for it.

Keep in mind, any relationship, interfaith or not requires cooperation and some degree of compromising. Just becuase your relatiosnhip may require a little bit more doesn't mean it's not worth all the hard work or that it's ultimately headed towards failure. Besides, isn't the path less traveled more exciting?

So, in the end, our families have come around and put our happiness before their own hdifferences and doubts. In my own experience, the last several years have been great and there's no legitimate reason for me to think the future will hold anything different than that for the two of us. If God had not wanteded for us to be together as husband and wife, we never would have come to this point. I wish I had realized earlier, that there was nothing to fear and that all my worrying was just a waste of time.

<font color="red"> Dear topic opener, plz consider the way your ancestor became muslim: your great great great..grandmother of your mother was brutually raped and your greatgreatgreat ...grandfather of your mother was brutually killed. .....then you became muslim, and did your namaaz, etc. </font color>

The abrahamitic point of view is just narrow...and naastika.

The islam is not a peaceful religion if you look at the history of the people that call them self muslims. The cristians too are responsible for a lot of deaths in for example the southern american continent. The jews play an active role in the WO-II and even today in the israeli palestinynen conflict. So the ABRAHAMITICS are just naastikas if one considers the abrahmitics their history. Even today one can get an beautiful example of what the abrahamitics are if one looks at the regime of president Bush, the ex-regime of Saddam, the regime in Bangladesh, the problems with muslims in Indonesia, etc etc the list goes on....and on...

Since abraham the position of woman has greatly deteriorated. Before Abraham even in Europe they worhiped the paramatma in the form of the supreme Goddess. After abraham the muslims want to see the woman like a form of the non for the cristians. It is really funny that cristians and muslims and jews fight with each other ... by that act it gives good insight in the naastika-% of the abrahamitic religions.

The pre-abraham religions from afrika and south amerika were clearly of a more peaceful i.e. less-naastika nature.

Jaya Shri Devi !!

Winand.

Guest guest

Hi the person who replied me with this topic ("From a parallel hindu/muslim marriage discussion"), can please contact me some how. if possible please provide me ur msn id or otherwise i will do so.

my email is sheikhqa@, please contact me there then i would love to give you my msn id. May be you will give me really good guidance.

thanks

I am not an advocate of Islam, however, I believe we should stop focusing on the mistakes of the past because nothing can be done to change it. Instead, we should focus on the future to ensure that history is not repeated. One of my favorite quotes is, "don't let the past dictate who you are, but rather, let it be a part of who you become."

Guest guest

Islam will never accept anyone non-muslim. They simply lack the strength now to force convert.

Guest guest

i'm interested in your story because I'm doing some research into interfaith relationships. Could you contact me at ollybbc@.co.uk ( address to avoid spam) and i can tell you a little bit more about what I'm doing.

Guest guest

Sorry I stupidly didn't say who i wanted to contact me - could the Hindu who posted about their relationship with a muslim please get in touch to me at ollybbc@.co.uk so I can let her know a bit more about why I'm interested in her situation.

(if it takes place!), the love mania would wear off (as usual) and people from your side (and her side too) would make your lives terrible. The concern is more for her as she might be forcefully converted. It is best to forget it and get over it.

Guest guest

My name was Geeta before I fell in love with Shehzad Memon who is a Muslim from Pakistan. I met Shehzad in Dubai and love happened. Shehzad and are now married for 3 years we met in our college.He was a shy, young and handsome boy fom Pakistan.My family disownes me but I dont care I am happy with Shehzad and my new name is Saima.I married a muslim but I am still a Devoutee.I believe in Islam and Hinduism I think both these religions are beautifull.I have made many sacrifices for Shehzad and he has made many sacrifices for me.Now he doesnt eat cows meat and he lets me watch Mahabharat and Bhagwat Gita.I have a 2 year old son his name is Rahul Memon.Our household is very INDO-PAKISTANI.I fast in the month of ramadan and keep Wrad for my husbands long life as well.I pray the muslim way and perform puja the hindu way.I have lived with Pakistani people for 3 years believe me they are very nice they dont even care about India or hindus they are very straight forward and truhfull.I will live with Shehzad till the last breath.

Guest guest

>>.I will live with Shehzad till the last breath.

SO ?

Even some animals and birds do the same ? What is so nice about it.

Do you know who you are ? Who is God ? What is your relationship with him ?

If you do not you are wasting your life...

AND YOU COULD DIE TOMMOROW !

Please understand that the pupose of life is to go back home back to godhead and not be senti about some short love which will be taken away at death.

That does not mean you do not love him , you should love him , but in a way that will help him eternally ...

How can you do that ?

You and Him can have Sri Krishna as the center of your life and in that way develop common love for Him.

And Chant together

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hearing and chanting

Spiritual life begins with hearing and chanting. Together they form the essence of the means of advancement.

By hearing and chanting:

one's heart and mind are purified and elevated,

one gains spiritual strength,

one pleases Krishna.

In the beginning it may be difficult, but with constant practice one gradually develops a taste.

Action

Most people hear and speak about mundane topics.

Result

Their minds become absorbed in mundane thoughts.

Action

Keep the natural tendency to hear and speak, but change the subject to Krishna.

Result

This way, one's mind will become spiritually enlightened.

Hearing

The Vedanta-Sutra 4.4.22 says anavrtti sabdat, "one is liberated by sound."

Sound is the subtlest element that we can perceive. Therefore transcendental sound can most effectively enter the mind and heart to produce change.

When a man is sleeping, he can be awakened by sound. Similarly, the conditioned souls sleeping in illusion can be awakened to knowledge of God by hearing transcendental sound. (1)

Sri Krishna, the Personality of Godhead, who is the Supersoul in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.17)

Chanting

People always want to see God, but we cannot see God with our blunt material senses. However, if we please Krishna with our devotional service, He reveals Himself. The sastra states that such devotional service begins with the tongue: through chanting and taking prasadam. Thus seeing God begins with the tongue - a rather unusual principle! (2)

The yuga-dharma (process of religion for this age) consists of chanting the holy name congregationally (3) (nama-sankirtana) and chanting the glories of the Lord and His holy name (nama-pracara). (4)

Two main categories of hearing and chanting

1. Knowledge and glorification

Explanations of Krishna consciousness.

Glorification of the Lord.

Preaching.

Reading or Writing about Krishna.

2. The holy names

Private meditation (japa)

Singing out loud while dancing (kirtana)

Sitting & singing with instruments (bhajanas)

Singing the holy names in public (harinama)

When transcendental knowledge is:

1. Received (heard)

One learns to see things differently.

One's doubts and illusions are destroyed.

2. Given (chanted)

One gains deeper understanding and assimilates the knowledge he has received.

One gains the special mercy of Krishna.

Two conditions for the proper transmission of spiritual knowledge:

1. Must be heard with the right attitude

with humility and respect,

open-minded, not challenging,

with desire to learn and understand.

2. Must come from the right source

from a genuine devotee,

not mayavadi or professional speaker,

from one who has controlled senses and sufficient knowledge.

Both the hearer and the speaker must be qualified.

Further reading

Bhagavad-gita 7.1 purport, (last two paras), Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.1.6 purport; 1.2.14 and purport; 1.2.17–18 and purport; 2.1.11; 1.1.14

Chanting the holy names of the Lord

Chanting the holy names of the Lord is the central practice of Lord Caitanya's followers. Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya once asked Lord Caitanya, "Which item is most important in the execution of devotional service?" The Lord replied that the most important item was the chanting of the holy name of the Lord.

harer nama harer nama

harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasty eva

nasty eva gatir anyatha

In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy, the only means of deliverance is the chanting of the holy names of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way.

(Brhan-naradiya Purana 38.126)

Footnotes:

(1) A pure devotee always engages in the service of the Lord, taking shelter of His lotus feet, and therefore he has a direct connection with the saffron mercy-particles that are strewn over the lotus feet of the Lord. Although when a pure devotee speaks the articulation of his voice may resemble the sound of this material sky, the voice is spiritually very powerful because it touches the particles of saffron dust on the lotus feet of the Lord. As soon as a sleeping living entity hears the powerful voice emanating from the mouth of a pure devotee, he immediately remembers his eternal relationship with the Lord, although up until that moment he had forgotten everything.(Srimad-Bhagavatam 4.20.25 purport)

(2) That devotional service begins from jihva, tongue. This tongue means can be utilised in devotional service in two ways, namely by chanting the holy name of God and by tasting prasadam. If one engages his jihva, tongue, in devotional service by chanting the holy name, Hare Krishna maha-mantra, and tasting only Krishna-prasadam, not anything else, then Krishna, being pleased by his devotional service, He will manifest Himself, reveas Himself. (Srimad-Bhagavatam lecture, Los Angeles, 20 January 1969)

(3) I shall personally inaugurate the religion of the age — nama-sankirtana, the congregational chanting of the holy name. I shall make the world dance in ecstasy, realising the four mellows of loving devotional service. (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Adi 3.20)

(4) The religious practice for the Age of Kali is to broadcast the glories of the holy name. Only for this purpose has the Lord, in a yellow color, descended as Lord Caitanya. (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Adi 3.40)

Hare Krishna Maha-mantra

Srila Prabhupada once announced, "The chanting of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's name is more essential than the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra." (1) One smart devotee then inquired whether we should therefore chant rounds of the Panca-tattva mantra to which Srila Prabhupada replied, "No — because Lord Caitanya's instruction was to chant Hare Krishna."

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

The Hare Krishna maha-mantra is a very simple mantra consisting of only three words: Hare, Krishna, and Rama.

Hare means unto Mother Hara (i.e. Lord Krishna's personal pleasure potency, Srimati Radharani).

Krishna means the all-attractive Lord.

Rama means the source of all enjoyment.

When we chant Hare Krishna we are praying: "O energy of the Lord (Hare), O Lord (Krishna and Rama) please engage me in Your service!"

Maha-mantra means it is the Great Mantra Of Deliverance.

Lord Caitanya and the Vedas both recommend this process:

hare krishna hare krishna

krishna krishna hare hare

hare rama hare rama

rama rama hare hare

iti sodasakam namnam

kali-kalmasa-nasanam

natah parataropayah

sarva-vedesu drsyate

The sixteen words of the Hare Krishna mantra are especially meant for counteracting the contaminating influence of the age of Kali. After searching through all the Vedic literature, one cannot find a better method.

The glories of the holy name

Krishna and His name are non-different. (1)

The Lord's name has descended from Goloka. (2)

Krishna's name is iInvested with the Lord's spiritual potency. (3)

Krishna's name purifies the heart and mind. (4)

The chanting process is simple, sublime, and all-auspicious; even a child can take part.

It frees one from sinful reaction and material bondage. (5)

Chanting "Rama" gives the same result as chanting the 1000 names of Visnu. (6)

Chanting "Krishna" once has the same potency as 3,000 names of Visnu.

The Lord's holy names are even effective for someone not even aware of their potency.

Chanting contains the benefits of all other Vedic rites; to chant is the same as having performed all the Vedic processes of purification. (7)

Chanting is the means for attaining pure love of God (Krishna-prema) in this age.

It protects you from maya and falldown.

It purifies the atmosphere.

It yields the same results as the processes of previous yugas.

It elevates one even from a low background.

Chanters are the most attractive to Krishna.

All the Vedic knowledge is contained within the maha-mantra, the essence of the Vedas is to chant, and by chanting one realises the meaning of the Vedas.

Chanting is the ultimate means to attain the ultimate success.

Vedic verses glorifying the holy names

By once chanting the holy name of the Lord, which consists of the two syllables ha-ri, one guarantees his path to liberation. (Skanda Purana)

Simply by chanting one holy name of Hari, a sinful man can counteract the reactions to more sins than he is able to commit. (Brhad-visnu Purana)

If one chants the holy name of the Lord, even in a helpless condition or without desiring to do so, all the reactions of his sinful life depart, just as when a lion roars, all the small animals flee in fear. (Garuda Purana)

Whatever result was obtained in Satya-yuga by meditating on Visnu, in Treta-yuga by performing sacrifices, and in Dvapara-yuga by serving the Lord's lotus feet can be obtained in Kali-yuga simply by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 12.3.52)

To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters immediately becomes eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or chants about Him, hears about His pastimes, offers Him obeisances or even remembers Him. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.33.6)

My dear Narada, actually I do not reside in My abode, Vaikuntha, nor do I reside within the hearts of the yogis, but I reside in that place where My pure devotees chant My holy name and discuss My form, pastimes and qualities. (Padma Purana)

O King, constant chanting of the holy name of the Lord after the ways of the great authorities is the doubtless and fearless way of success for all, including those who are free from all material desires, those who are desirous of all material enjoyment, and also those who are self-satisfied by dint of transcendental knowledge. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.1.11)

Those who are actually advanced in knowledge are able to appreciate the essential value of this age of Kali. Such enlightened persons worship Kali-yuga because in this fallen age all perfection of life can easily be achieved by the performance of sankirtana. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.5.36)

Living beings who are entangled in the complicated meshes of birth and death can be freed immediately by even unconsciously chanting the holy name of Krishna, which is feared by fear personified. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.1.14)

One can refer also to the story of Ajamila.

Footnotes:

(1) The name of Krishna and Krishna are nondifferent, but we cannot realize this intellectually. We have to practice chanting Hare Krishna to realse it. When we actually advance in devotional service and chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra offenselessly, we will realise that Krishna and His name are nondifferent. (Teachings of Lord Kapiladeva p. 12)

(2) Golokera prema dhana, harinama sankirtana

(3)O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by chanting Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them. (Siksastaka 2)

(4) Glory to the Sri Krishna sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious. (Siksastaka 1)

(5) Although Kali-yuga is an ocean of faults, there is still one good quality about this age: Simply by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, one can become free from material bondage and be promoted to the transcendental kingdom. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 12.3.51)

The chanting of the holy name of the Lord is able to uproot even the reactions of the greatest sins. Therefore the chanting of the sankirtana movement is the most auspicious activity in the entire universe. (Srimad-Bhagavatam 6.3.31)

(6) If a person utters the name Rama only once, he gets the result of chanting one thousand names of Visnu. And if somebody once chants the name Krishna, he achieves the results obtained by chanting the name Rama three times. In other words, uttering the name Krishna once is equal to uttering three thousand other names of Visnu. (Mukunda-mala-stotra 2)

(7) Oh, how glorious are they whose tongues are chanting Your holy name! Even if born in the families of dog-eaters, such persons are worshipable. Persons who chant the holy name of Your Lordship must have executed all kinds of austerities and fire sacrifices and achieved all the good manners of the Aryans. To be chanting the holy name of Your Lordship, they must have bathed at holy places of pilgrimage, studied the Vedas and fulfilled everything required. "Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.33.7)

For more info visit:-

http://www.iskcon.com/basics/hearing.html

Guest guest

Listen!!Open your ears and listen!!Shehzad never forced me to become a muslim neither did I force him to become a hindu.The religion issue never comes up in our house.3 years ago I went to Sukhar-Pakistan.Sukhar is a small village in Pakistan its Shehzads village and believe me people from different villages came to see me,some walked for like 20 kms just to see me and talk to me.I got such a warm welcome in Pakistan.They talked to me about India and ofcourse Shahrukh Khan is the only Indian thing Pakistanis like alot.What I am trying to tell you is that I was a hindu from India and I was so appreciated just coz I was with Shehzad.They dint know I converted to Islam.They were being friendly with the fact that I am hindu and Indian.When Shehzad told them I became a muslim, the sounds of "Masha Allah" was all that could be heard all around the village.I have a son named Rahul. He is so cute I call him Border!!He has the good looks, the confidence and the bravery of a Muslim from his fathers side and he has the Sharpness, the intelligence and the quickness of a hindu from his mothers side.