IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
starrdarcy

The Ramayana 2 - a possible book, or is it?

Rate this topic

As a writer and designer of the Ramayana series (formaly known as Legends Re-told) i must say that the Ramayana is the best book i have ever attempted to convert to modern day or future. But an idea has come to mind that might be possible. A second Ramayana, but there is a problem, there was no Ramayana 2, and second, what would be the reason for a sequel. Well, in order to have sequel, a few things have to changed in the first Ramayana, but another problem comes up when doing this. Isnt the new Ramayana supposed to be from the original? and if there was a plot change at the end would the story be still as good? These questions are big, and have complex anwers - which unfortunetly i dont have an answer too.

On the other question - whats the reason for a second Ramayana? There are several but the most important is - what happens to Rama, lakshmana, and all the other characters after the story ends? In a sequel this question would be solved, but again some changes would have to occur in first Ramayana in order to make a sequel. Changes that i'm not willing to make - yet.

As starrdarcy, i have yet to decide whether to make a sequel, of course your input is welcome. I have a few ideas, but as for now, i still have to right the first one.

-starrdarcy

Yeh i know there was no Ramayana 2, but hey, cant there be a sequel, or at least a short book on what Rama's life was after the he conquered evil? Sounds totally right, in fact there will be a sequel. But i still have to right the first one, i shoudnt be talking about a sequel when the first hasnt been written.

-starrdarcy

What you're talking about is not Ramayana, but some fiction using elements from Ramayana. You should know that most readers interested in Ramayana would take offense for the reasons mentioned by other members here. Any writer keeps at the core of each project two questions: What's the purpose? and Who is the audience? You've discussed your reasons for wanting to "right" these books, and most of us here will not be impressed by them. But who would your audience be? Practically no one who actually reveres Ramayana would have much interest in so-called activities of Rama made up by you or by me.

To understand what Rama's and Lakshman's lives were like after the events recounted in Ramayana would require revelation by Rama Himself. The process for qualifying yourself for such revelation may be more than you're willing to handle.

The Ramayana 2 will happen with or without your support, yeah i know, there was no R2. But hey i'll make some history by writing it, as for an people who are willing to see the new Ramayana and its sequels, there are over 7 billion people in the world, and by the time my books come out (some time near 2015-20), there will be new people and new ways to show my story's. There will always be people willing to read anything, incuding the new ramayana.

By the way Chapter six is almost complete.

But hey i'll make some history by writing it,

Actually, make up some false history and try to gain temporary material sense enjoyment. Your choice. But you would be better off spending your time reading Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.

Take care and have a nice life.

Goodbye.

It could be fun, cool and inspirational. If the new ramayana of your's includes all of the morals and whatnot the old ramayana has. Then , it could be a really cool story.

But i guess it is considered "offensive" to the devotees. I do not understand how it is offensive to the God. Because, In a way, you are glorifying him.

Hare Krishna

Making up stories about Bhagavan is very offensive

nowhere is it authorised, you may or may not

think this or that, but at the end of the

day this is a fact, please stop this now.

People on this forum were being nice to you

before, becasue you have attraction for

Ramayana, and were happy with this,

but these stories will do no good,

for your spiritual realisation.

The thing is if you write about

Ramayana and keep it how it is

then thats cool, but if you change

things, then that is offensive.

Bit like Srila Prabhupada books.

There will be no real major, unrealistic changes to the first R1 assuming that you have read the first chapters that i wrote. what i am doing with R2 will be telling of what could have happend after R1, (the new Ramayana not the original). If i dont make a sequel, there will be a big cliff hanger, and the new Ramayana will end up with many untold answers.

Reader dont like that, they like sequels, or add-ons.

are the instructions of our previous acaryas and I choose Their instruction as my guide. The sunshine of Krsna comes through Their words to us - disolving the darkness of material speculations lighting our way to Abosolute Truth.

Over and out. Thank you very much. Hare Krsna.

after bhaghavan killed Ravan, He goes back home to Ayodha. He becomes king. Then, Utter Khand starts. Sita Mata goes into exile and remains there until she leaves the world with Her mother. Then Luv&Kush go and live with Rama Bhaghavan.

I dont think you should call it Ramayan 2. you will be making up plots and settings that are not necessarily true. maybe make a story similar to Ramayan ...dont use the same names.

That sounds like a good idea. It would an alternative to the Ramayana series i'm thinking of doing (which will not be started for quite some time). In the original Ramayana, not all of the demons that were asociated with Ravana were killed, and there are some time lines situations in the original version. Like for instance we get allot of detail about the years were Rama is doing his work, but as for the rest of most of his life we dont get allot of detail. Thats were the #2 comes in. Ofcourse, this would mean a certain amount of story making, but we do get a short description of what Rama did later on in his life.

chapter 7 will come soon, by the way...

last winter i was at the book store and picked up a book called "the great indian novel". the title got me, so i picked it up. this book takes the mahabharat and uses its characters and events to portray events and people in today's india. i havent finished reading it yet, but it is good. maybe to get some ideas you may want to pick it up. it is called "the great indian novel" by Shashi Tharoor