IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

is there a way tp sense people?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is there any way you can sense people, such as being in one room, and knowing that someone is going to come into your room?

In Taoism, it is believed that the whole universe is connected by one principle. This principle has both good and bad sides. They both cancel each other in every instance.

They also believe that because we too are part of the universe, if we calm our mind, we can be more in touch and harmonious with it. Thus, we may predict when it rains, when something bad is going to happen or when some one is going to come and go, what they are feeling... etc.

Ever feel that someone was looking at you from behind and you turned around to see somebody staring at you?

It's not so much their eyes on you that you feel but rather their concentrated thoughts hitting your aura that gets your attention.

Try this. Someone is walking down the street by themself and across the street. Look at them and concentrate your thoughts on them and send the instruction in a strong concentrated fashion for them to turn their head your way and look at you.

When they respond the first time it will startle you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thoughts are things.

we pick up on things like this all the time and barely notice. We suddenly feel the phone is going to ring and then it does, maybe we even start thinking about the very person who is calling.

But what I don't get are premonitions. It brings up that whole fixed future & freewill thing that just drives me crazy.

premonitions and deja-vu feelings are maybe similar..

I had so many feelings of deja-vu, it's a really weird

thing to get, sort of like, i was here before in my past

life, (whats r the chances of that?!), premonitions can

be used to further the causes of religions etc.

Some times when I do something or say something, I get the feeling that I did that thing before in my life and it is happening again.

It happens to me alot and happened to me when I went to India.

The neurologists say that the brain stores the information of something we did in the past and match makes this information with the newly acquired information. Thus merging them into one phenomena.

So, we feel like we did it before, but it is something similar to the thing we did in the past, or it is something that comes from the convergence of imagination and real life events.

I read somewhere that the sound waves of people

can stick to you, so if you hear a pure person

talking these sounds have more influence over you,

but I see these magicians manipulating people

and hypnotists, so I'm not sure about it all.

ps your explanation of deja-vu is brilliant,

thanks for that. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

basically we believe that mind is in the brain, but it is not so

mind is also in the body, because if we sense a danger our legs start to run before we think of that

our mind is also in the space around us and interacts with the other minds and objects moving and acting in that space

i do not know the exact english version, but when we sai "the contemplation of the sense's object, generates the attachment" .. the energy of the object is truly, almost "phisically", absorbing the energy of the mind

another interesting subject is that a devotee... ATMARAMA is complete in itself, or he direct his mind's energy or his desires to the internal (paramatma) not to the external (maya)

so paramatma becames the object of desires

Forgive me prabhu but I think this does not prove the idea that the mind does not exist in the brain.

Yashonanda dasji: "mind is also in the body, because if we sense a danger our legs start to run before we think of that"

We are isolated from the external environment due to the fact that what we perceive is only what our brain sees and hears. The event that happens outside our brain should be played again inside of our brain for us to respond.

I think the reason for us running before we even see the danger is that it is due to the flight and fight mechanism in our brain. Nothing can occur with out the signal of our brain.

We cannot breath without the medula oblongata telling our diaphram to expand and contract, we cannot live with out the medulla telling our heart to stop and start every single time.

This is true, because when a person's medulla oblongata shuts down, then the person's heart stops and he/she dies.

If the brain does not function properly, the mind does not function properly, this is seen when there is a petit mal epileptic seizure.

When a person is talking in a conversation and she experiences a petit mal seizure(localized focal seizure) in one part of her brain, then the person may freeze for about 30 secs and then come back to consciousness again with out knowing what happened.

This shows that the mind does rest in the brain. The consciousness of the body is controlled by the brain and its functions... and it is a fact and it is seen in many examples.

"Forgive me prabhu but I think this does not prove the idea that the mind does not exist in the brain. "

my idea (maybe the one of the vedic culture, but let us hear other devotees.) it that "the mind does not exist ONLY in the brain"

we have a mental BODY, and his influence expands outside our gross body

if the mind influences and moves some mechanism in our brain there's no problem... but the mind is subtle, it is superior to the gross body, and it does not depends by the gross body..... mind follow us also after the death to another gross body

So.. YDji, the mind follows you after you have left your

body, this proves that the mind does not reside within

the brain only but is a subtle energy.

I have read a long time ago about the Atmarama verse,

in the Teaching of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but

didn't understand it, I think that's what you were

referring to, I'm not sure.

I_L_K,

You are already studying the brian so this may interest you.

There is a man at San Francisco St. studying consciousness and the brian. I believe his name is Liby, but I am not sure of the spelling. You may want to check him out.

He has done studies that show that there is a reaction to danger that occurs before the impulses to and back from the brain have taken place.

I can't explain anything because I don't understand anything but I think you might get something out of it.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

"He has done studies that show that there is a reaction to danger that occurs before the impulses to and back from the brain have taken place."

Wow that should be interesting. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, thanks.