IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

standing shoulder to shoulder - like the Pandava army at Kurukshetra

Rate this topic

Plea to all of Srila Prabhupada's active disciples

by Gopakumar das

In the world of Western Gaudiya Vaisnavism there has developed a wonderful diversity in which the ecstacy of Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the philosophy of the Goswamis and Acaryas is expressed. Even under the direct family of Srila Prabhupada's disciples there are various expressions and preaching styles of Krishna Consciousness. Unfortunately, there have also been divisions, arguments, and a lack of cooperation amongst Godbrothers. As a neophyte devotee completely dependant on the mercy of senior Vaisnavas and the example they set I would like to see more unity amongst all disciples of Srila Prabhupada who are actively preaching in the mission of Mahaprabhu.

In fact, I would like to make a plea to all of Srila Prabhupada's disciples, especially those senior devotees who are actively preaching and/or accepting disciples. I request that as an expression of kindness and humility, qualities you have acquired or are cultivating, you unite with those Godsiblings of yours you most feel disconnected from or have most reservations about and attempt to cultivate affection for them and smooth out differences with them. This will mean extending yourself inside and outside of ISKCON to gather together those devotees who are also involved in preaching the mission of Lord Chaitanya.

I also ask every devotee reading this to please forward this plea to all spiritual leaders you know and watch as they live up to the humility and kindness they have cultivated. A united family under Srila Prabhupada will be most powerful while maintaining its own individual personality. I make this plea in order to satisfy the hankering of the younger and confused generation of devotees. I also make this plea to satisfy Srila Prabhupada who said:

We should not criticize each other, as Vaisnavas, because there is fault in everyone and we may be ourselves subject to criticism. Best thing is to be above suspicion ourselves, then if we see discrepancies and make suggestion the others will automatically respect and take action to rectify the matters. That is cooperation. And we must exist on such cooperation, otherwise the whole thing is doomed if we simply go on fighting over some small thing. So try to organize things and preach together in this spirit, and that will please me very, very much. (Letter to: Madhumangala, Hyderabad November 18, 1972)

May Nityananda Prabhu bless this request as he blessed and empowered our Srila Prabhupada to preach in the West. May this request be fulfilled in order to please His empowered representative.

This same Lord Nityananda is Ananta Sesa who cannot find enough diverse ways to preach the glories of the Lord and His associates even with His thousands of mouths. May this Gaudiya mission act as one unified entity with a thousand diverse voices of expression.

This same Nityananda is Balarama also known as Sankarsana or he who draws together. He draws together the families of Vrindavana. May he bring together our own family and allow us to thrive together offenselessly despite our differences in both style and sentiment.

Gopakumar das