IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

KRISHNA : THE COLOURFUL DANCING GOD by OSHO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.oshoworld.com/onlinemag/august2003/htm/mainstory.asp

OSHO can described as one of the worlds great teachers, thinkers, philosophers and guides of our times.His understanding and explanation of krishnas character is unparallel.

An exciting book to read for the modern,rational mind

Osho - Krishna : The Man and His Philosophy ...available at

a must read for krishna lovers.

http://store.indiatimes.com/book/PlanetMBookDetails.jsp?audbookid=aub00003867

Modern society is full of flaws and religion has been totally been impractical.Osho has been able to describe the non attachment of krishna in the right aspect.

Maybe you have not read the book but i have , i belong to a conservative middle class family.Brought with traditional values i have always loved the teaching of Praphupada.They stike a devotional note but osho strikes a intellectual note about krishna consiousness.

He may not appeal to you but it is not necessary he is imaginary.Krishna is full of contradictions.In his lifetime itself there are lot of people who have not accepted him as the divine purna avatar and so is Osho and his followers who seems to be full of contradictions.

Religion cannot solve all problems.In fact we see there are more problems due to religious misunderstanding.

However reading his discourses are very important to understand the problems that plague the modern society due to lack of krishna consiousness.

http://www.otoons.com/osho/askosho7.htm

http://www.otoons.com/osho/askosho.htm

http://www.meditate-celebrate.com/pages/intellect.html

do not believe that i am a fanatic or something like that, simply i have learned that krishna is a real entity and a person, so if i speak of him i am preoccupied to say exact things... like i do with everyone

If i start a message with "Srinivas, that is 45 years old, red in the hairs, without a leg, married with a swedish girl... ex terrorist" maybe yuo will not agree

and you wil not agree even if i use this fantasy statement to say beautiful and helpful things

so, if you want... read, but read knowing that you are reading a person who is not competent on many subjects he writes.. this is not the case of prabhupada

(nirvishesha/sunyavadi : religion = i can say anything i want, no problem)

Hare Krishna,

Great posting. I would like to enjoy Lord Krishna through the eyes of different people.

I always enjoyed OSHO's teachings. People like to say that he was an intellectual person, but if one reads his teachings we can find thet he is a man of HEART. If you open your heart to his teachings you will find what a wonderful man he is.

Athough I do not agree with certain aspects of his teachings(because of my personal experiences) viz. with regard to GOD's existence and Lord Krishna, I am sure he is a great man.

Guest guest

I'm sorry if I sound offensive but I think Osho's book title itself doesnt make sense ... 'Krishna : The Man and His Philosophy'.

Krishna isnt a man, He is the Original Supreme Person. And he does not have his own philosophy either ... He is the Ultimate Truth.

Reading 'different viewpoints' will not get one to Krsna. Understanding and adopting the writings of an authorised spiritual master, in the disciplic succession, will.

For example, read the Bhagavad Gita by someone named Parthasarathy. It comes from a different viewpoint but needless to say, is complete nonsense!

Hare Krsna!

He calls himself Bhagavan. How can he do that? Also, I talked to one of his disciples and he does not believe that Lord Caitanya ever existed and that he is an impersonalist.

There is no way that you can combine his teachings with Srila Prabhupada's. That is offensive.

Its true his disciples are misleading but i am sure there are genuine disciples too.

Strangly but in the book Osho excepts krishna as a multidimension personality though the title of the book is "krishna-the man and his philosophy"

and also is ALL PRAISE of Chitanya Mahaprabhu.!!

In fact he has dedicated a seperate chapter "Krishna Goes to the West " where he supports the idea that krishna conciousness is perfect for the western thought.He also praises the young hare krishna youth dancing in abandon in the west .

If you have Osho diciple friends tell them to read the book and then they will automatically respect the krishna concious culture.Osho writes for the general intellectual people who find it hard to understand krishna as god.

He also excepts Krishna as a purna avatar and compares krishna with rama.Which shows he is aware of other avataras.

In may feel offensive to support krishna when Osho himself is full of contradictions.When osho writes he never believed that he is starting a cult.It is for us to choose to read or not to read.

Guest guest

Ummm, guys, OSHO is the same Bhagavan Rajneesh who came to America and was known as the "free sex guru." How can any sane individual even suggest that this person is anything other than a rascal?

This OSHO aka Rajneesh has nothing to do with Vedas, nothing to do with Krishna, and nothing to do with anything remotely resembling dharma.

Here is a website from the Religious Tolerance group describing OSHO aka Rajneesh.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rajneesh.htm

It mentions numerous acts of terrorism (such as the release of Salmonella bacteria to influence voter turnout) and corruption connected to his disciples, although it is quick to suggest that OSHO had nothing to do with them. However, regarding OSHO it states:

"He taught a form of Monism, that God was in everything and everyone. There is no division between "God" and "not-God". People, even at their worse, are divine. He recognized Jesus Christ as having attained enlightenment, and believed that he survived his crucifixion and moved to India where he died at the age of 112. Osho was noted for reading very offensive jokes; some were anti-Semitic; others were anti-Roman Catholicism; others insulted just about every ethnic and religious group in the world. "

(apparently he justified the above by saying that racial divisions were destructive and he needed to shock his followers)

Here is another website by a former Osho follower who apparently still admires him (but also admits of Osho's vices): http://home.att.net/~meditation/Osho.html along with some interesting excerpts:

"When former university professor Acharya Rajneesh suddenly changed his name to Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, I was dismayed. The famous enlightened sage Ramana Maharshi was called Bhagwan by his disciples as a spontaneous term of endearment. Rajneesh simply declared that everyone should start calling him Bhagwan, a title which can mean anything from 'divine one' to God. Rajneesh became irritated when I would politely correct his mispronunciations of English words after his lectures, so I felt in no position to tell him that I thought his new name was inappropriate and dishonest. That change in name marked a turning point in Rajneesh's level of honesty and was the first of many big lies to come. "

"Acharya, Bhagwan Shree, Osho...all the empowering names taken by Rajneesh could not cover up the fact that he was still a human being. He had ambitions and desires, sexual and material, just like everyone else. All living enlightened humans have desires. All enlightened men have had public lives that we know about and all have had private lives that remained secret. The vast majority of enlightened men do nothing but good for the world. Only Rajneesh, to my knowledge, became a criminal in both the legal and ethical sense of the word. "

"A number of disciples have claimed that Rajneesh was so intoxicated at his Oregon ranch in the 1980s that he sometimes urinated in the halls of his own home, just as heroin addicts and common drunks often do. I believe this to be true as the last time I saw Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh he was inebriated to the point of becoming physically ugly. He had the same washed-out look and foolish behavior I had witnessed in addicts while working at a methadone clinic in the United States. Rajneesh miraculously had the ability to leave his body at will through astral projection, but when he was in his physical body he was quite ordinarily human and unable to tolerate the devastating effects of massive doses of tranquilizers."

"Members of Rajneesh's own staff were poisoned by Ma Anand Sheela, Rajneesh's personal secretary. Sheela had the habit of poisoning people who either knew too much or who had simply fallen out of her favor. Sheela spent two and a half years in a federal medium security prison for her crimes while Rajneesh pled guilty to immigration fraud and was given a ten year suspended sentence, fined $400,000. and deported from the United States of America.

Rajneesh felt that teaching ethics was unnecessary because meditation would automatically lead to good behavior. The actions of Rajneesh and his disciples proves that theory to be false. Rajneesh taught that you should do as you please because life is both a dream and a joke. This attitude led to the classically fascist belief that one can become so high and mighty that one is beyond the need for old fashioned virtues and honest ethical behavior."

"Rajneesh used people, spoke out of both sides of his mouth, and betrayed the trust of his own disciples. This betrayal caused Vivek, his longtime girlfriend and companion, to commit suicide. Rajneesh even lied about her death, slandering his greatest love in her grave, by falsely claiming that she was chronically depressed due to some intrinsic emotional instability. Vivek was never depressed during the years I knew her and she was the most radiant women I have ever known.

Vivek was a glowing student of meditation, but her only meditation method was being with Rajneesh and absorbing his tremendous spiritual energy. When her one method and one true love collapsed into insanity, she took her own life out of overwhelming grief. Rajneesh drove her to suicide because she could not understand nor tolerate his mental decline and collapse. Rajneesh lied about her death to avoid taking responsibility for his own bizarre behavior, which was the underlying cause of Vivek's despair. "

"Rajneesh was directly responsible for the twisted mix of totalitarian slavery and libertine indulgence that the commune represented. According to highly credible published reports, Rajneesh allowed middle aged men to have sexual intercourse with pre-pubescent girls at the commune in the name of sexual freedom, yet disciples were not allowed to have a mind of their own and had to totally surrender to the great Bhagwan's will. Disciples were often forced to work 12 hours a day in cold and difficult conditions while Rajneesh himself enjoyed, in his own words, "groovy spaces" in his private heated indoor pool, watched countless movies on his big screen projection television, and enjoyed his daily drug supply. Rajneesh showed his divine love for his disciples by squandering millions in hard earned commune assets on his car collection and expensive jewelry, and all in the name of egolessness and spiritual surrender. "

As far as his praise of Krishna, Chaitanya, ISKCON, etc. it's obvious that the discredited OSHO is has been trying to regain some credibility by toning down his previous "free sex" ideas and instead leeching off of the reputations of other, more established religious societies. I, for one, am not fooled by this, and it it bewildering to me that any intelligent person could be.

Guest guest

More juicy excerpts from OSho's follower at http://home.att.net/~meditation/Osho.html

"Rajneesh, on so many levels, was just an ordinary man. Sexually he was even less than ordinary. Pretending to be a great tantric in his early years, Rajneesh handed out ridiculously bad sexual advice at a time when he had very little first hand experience with sex himself. During his Bombay era, Rajneesh often grabbed the breasts of his young female disciples. On at least one occasion he asked a couple to have sex in front of him so he could watch. The couple wisely rejected his request.

Rajneesh often asked women half his age to strip in front of him so that he could "feel their chakras." To facilitate this practice, he installed an electric lock on his bedroom door that could be activated from his famous high-backed chair by his desk, where he spent most of his time. After Rajneesh started having sexual intercourse on a regular basis, the spiritual need for him to feel the chakras of his female disciples mysteriously vanished.

Rajneesh groped the breasts of two of my women friends and "felt the chakras" of a third. I soon began to realize that like so many other girl grabbing Indian gurus who had made the headlines, Rajneesh on the human level was just an ordinary sexually immature Indian male. My lady friend who suffered the charkra feeling incident was so put off that she never came back to see him. He had told her "Don't worry, you are mine now." That grasping statement had chilled her as much as the sexual exploitation. The young woman was a student of Indian music and had previously been sexually exploited by a famous Indian musician she had studied with. She knew first hand what many Indian men were like. Rajneesh proved himself to be predictably and disappointingly the same.

Rajneesh had much inside him that I wanted;...light, energy, and a vastly expanded state of being. Regrettably, he also had much inside him that I did not want or respect. I do not find fault with Rajneesh for having the same sexual desires that all men have. I do find fault when he was dishonest and cruel for selfish reasons.

While living in Bombay, Rajneesh made one young woman pregnant through an aggressive and unasked for seduction. The young woman was highly upset and forced by circumstance to have an abortion. Rajneesh, protecting his image as a great guru, lied about his involvement and claimed that she had imagined the whole affair. The young woman told the American Embassy her story and that incident marked the beginning of Rajneesh's troubles with the United States Government.

Most of Rajneesh's close disciples believed the young woman, not the much older "enlightened" man. Similarly, decades later many would believe a young White House intern, not a much older President Bill Clinton. Being president, or being "enlightened," does not always ensure good behavior.

Nature has provided human animals with a strong, virtually unstoppable sex drive to ensure reproduction of the species. Because of the overwhelming importance and power of sex, most gurus, enlightened or not, have maintained active sex lives which are often kept secret for purely political reasons. In his early years Rajneesh lied about his strong sexuality by claiming to be celibate. To be fair, this has to be understood in the context of a rigidly anti-sexual and highly hypocritical Indian social structure. Later on, after his position as a guru had become solidified, Rajneesh publicly bragged to the American media about having sex "with hundreds of women." All of Rajneesh's sex partners were his own female meditation students who were used as his personal harem. "

Guest guest

from http://home.att.net/~meditation/Osho.html

"Even in the early 1970s in Bombay, Rajneesh made careless statements which could easily be interpreted as being pro-Hitler and pro-fascist. In one lecture on "esoteric groups" he claimed that Adolf Hitler had been telepathically propped up by an occult Buddhist group that Rajneesh himself was in contact with. During World War II it is well known that a number of Indian yogis and Japanese "Zen masters" had supported the Axis cause and the extermination of the "inferior races," so Rajneesh's claim was not entirely surprising, if not totally believable.

Years later in Poona, Rajneesh gave an infamous lecture in which he stated that Jews had given Hitler "no choice" but to try to exterminate them. In his last years Rajneesh stated that "I have fallen in love with this man (Adolf Hitler). He was crazy, but I am crazier still." Rajneesh said that he wanted his sannyasins "to take over the world" and that he had studied Hitler to gain insight into how to accomplish the task. For a man who portrayed himself as the world's smartest, highest, and greatest soul, such remarks were proof to me that his drug taking had destroyed the quality of his mind.

Rajneesh's comments about Hitler could be discounted as obnoxious but largely harmless hot air if it were not for the fact that he put many of Hitler's techniques into practice. Rajneesh used Hitler's big lie method of mind control very effectively and demanded total surrender from his troops (disciples), just as Hitler did. Rajneesh condoned illegal spying on his own disciples at the Oregon commune and used informants to weed out the disloyal. Sheela, his personal secretary, turned the tables on Rajneesh by bugging Rajneesh's trademark high-backed chair. The Oregon police later found Rajneesh's illegally taped conversations, but due to rules of evidence they could not be used against him in a court of law. The tapes were reported to be highly damning as to Rajneesh's culpability in much of the commune's illegal activity. "

People go out in search for spirituality and krishna and end up in a place like that.

But they don't use their judgement and their brain or buddhi... if only the society could have the discriminatory ability to distinguish between a materialistic scheme and the spiritual quest for enlightenment, then I think these false gurus would vanish just like a dream.

It is amazing really, how the very drive to fulfill the senses would take a person to such an extreme. That too, they have no shame or fear of using God's name to do it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Look at the TV evangelists here in the States.

"Oh, my dear brothers and sisters..God came to me last night as I was kneeling begging for a sign. He said to me that I will die if you do not send me one million dollars. Oh please my brethren..do not let God kill me. Send me one million dollars to the address at the bottom of your TV screen. I will put in a good word to God for you if you do this one thing for me. The Kingdom of God will be yours if you send me one million dollars. If you do not then you will burn in eternally in the depths of hell.

Oh, and I will make your poor crippled son walk again if you do this for me."

true, but some are not so bad ... like the 700 club.

The christian programs which offer food for the children in 3rd world countries and everything are not bad... even if they are doing it to convert people, they are doing a service to krishna.

But, I have not heard this one: "If you do not then you will burn in eternally in the depths of hell."

Not so exaggerated. 10 or 15 years ago there was this famous TV evangelist would did something similar. Its the guy who built himself a huge "prayer tower". Very famous character.

Anyway he said that God had told him that if his followers didn't send in 14 million dollars by some specific date then God was going to kill him and take him to heaven. LOL

So God was holding this con man preacher in the prayer tower as a hostage for 14 million dollars. hahaha. Soooo funny. People are so stupid and emotionally dependant on these frauds that they sent in the extra money. So God let him live here instead of taking him to heaven, which apparently people took as a threat they had to save their preacher from.

All these years and I still can't believe it.

Yes, I do remember that now. I remember who it was (JF)- I think. Must have been in the back of my mind (what's that?) when I made my post!! Too funny!!!

So God let him live here instead of taking him to heaven, which apparently people took as a threat they had to save their preacher from.

That's a threat????