IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Myra

Do's and Dont's in India

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having a nice day.

I have been researching and studying about the delicate culture and spirituality of India lately. I am about (God willing) to visit/stay for a while in India next year to study and experience the beauty and uniqueness of your country.

In lieu with this, I would really appreciate if any of you could advice me to the Do's and Dont's in India.

I am also attracted to the Hare Krishna community. I want to learn more about it.

If you reply, please expect that I will do a perusal and may render questions later.

Thanks so much in advance!

God Bless Everyone.

Hari Bol!

Respectfully yours,

Myra

There are some families in India (including mine) where footwears are not brought inside any room of the house. This is not the case with all families. But you do not know in advance who would find bringing footwears inside as just fine and who would find it against their code of conduct. But even if you go to houses where the residents do not have any objection in bringing footwears inside, there also if you keep footwears outside, they will not feel bad. In fact, they will be quite happy.

So, when in doubt, it is always better to keep footwears outside.

Thank you Avinash. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was watching "The amazing Race" in Cable TV and it happened that the participants were bound to India. One of the Teams were composed of a Mom and a Daughter and they find it difficult to get a ticket from a Train station.

Is a woman(especially single) traveller not encouraged in India?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Myra

Apologies Everyone,

I know that I am not suppose to be in this room, for this is a spiritual Discussion and I am out of topic. Just, I think this is the best way to get your attention. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might inquire some spiritual insights later.

Hope to hear from Theist and to others who had a catholic background.

Hare Krishna!

Myra

Guest guest

I am basically from India and here in US for a short while and have still my family in India. If you wish you may write to me at manimkm@ as the forum is not meant for personal discussions. I can give you good guidance on southern india especially the places you mayy need to visit to knnow about spirituality

Is a woman(especially single) traveller not encouraged in India?

There is no generic answer to this. It depends on what the situation is. Often women are told not to travel alone for their protection. But, things are definitely not as bad as is often thought by those who have never been to India. Everyday, I see many women travelling alone.

But since you will be quite new to India, it will be safe for you if you are with people whom you can trust.

Guest guest

Where ever you go in India, there are people. however, it is wise to avoid going alone in various remote and deserted places.

If you are going to travel at night, please travel with a buddy in India, it is not safe to travel alone. It is wise to take a male buddy from U.S.A. to India with you.