IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

What do you all think of bible prophecy and future events?

Rate this topic

According to one bible scholar named Dr. Jack Van Impe, we are fast approaching the end of this age. Dr. Van Impe will be releasing a video cassette to the White House this month and in it he will talk about everything that is going to happen before the battle of Armageddon. Basically, he says a political leader is going to emerge out of the European Union (who will also be the anti-christ) and this leader is going to sign a 7 year peace plan between Israel and Palestine. But after 42 months (or 3.5 years) there will be no peace as Russia advances to the middle east to make war. Then China, North Korea, and other Asian countries advance to Israel to make war. Then finally, all nations come to Jerusalem to make war and this culminates into the battle of battles or Armageddon when Jesus Christ returns to put an end to all bloodshed. The world is remodeled and everything is made beautiful again. This is what mainstream Christians believe is going to happen in the very near future as prophetic events are already unfolding before our eyes. I hope I haven't offended anyone and I'm sorry if I have. I just thought I would post something that is different and maybe see what feedback I get.

Yours truly,

Jasvinder

Guest guest

Jaz: "as prophetic events are already unfolding before our eyes."

Do you know what events they are referring to, and where they were prophesied?

Sorry Jaz, I just don't buy it.

I definetly believe Palestine and Israel will really go at it. Hamas,Islamic Jihad, al-Aqusa Brigade, Hezbullah and the other assorted idiots over there will eventual take it over the brink.

The USA will back Israel and if Syria is stupid enough to get even further into it(which they will be) all hell will break loose. Lebanon will become emeshed as a battlefield with the Bekka valley being the hot spot.

Popular wisdom has Saddam's WMS stash being stored in Bekka with the local terrorists. If they use that stuff I think we can expect a "small" scale nuclear war in the region.

Israel does have nukes and the USA will back them all the way if the _rap hits the fan.

That's my speculation for the region. Time will tell. if you are a follower of Christ don't wait to surrender to him. Even if nothing happens there our individual date with death is already set. But are we ready for it?

You didn't even come close to offending anyone.

Praise the name of the Lord

The prophetic events that are currently occuring are not many and I only know a few.

1. In the bible it says, when Jerusalem is parted the end is nigh. Right now, they want to divide the land of Jerusalem.

2. The emergence of a "revived Roman Empire" - this is the rise of the EU (European Union) and the bible says it will become a world power one day.

3. In his book, "Beyond Iraq," Michael D. Evans says the war with Iraq marks a significant date. There is a verse in Jeremiah where it says Babylon will be defeated in the latter days "with expert arrows." This probably refers to laser-guided weapons. Also, ancient Babylon was Iraq! So it is possible that the overthrow of Saddam's regime is prophetically significant.

4. Have you heard of the "mark of the beast?" In the book of Revelation, it talks about a "mark" being inserted in the forehead or right hand and that no one will be able to buy or sell unless they receive the mark. Right now, there are companies in the United States that have developed this technology and they plan to implement it. It will be a "chip" inserted in the forehead or right hand and it will be used for your ID, banking, etc.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now. Takecare.

Yours truly,

Jasvinder

If it is going to happen then it will happen and ultimately the good of man kind will rise from it.

The "Good age" is called "Satva Yuga" by scriptures in sanskrit... but anyway, it seems that ultimately only good will reign over evil and the bad guys will die.

So, I guess if it is going to happen, we should welcome it. On the other hand, if it does not happen, then people have more time to realize God/Krishna /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armegeddon, like the battle of kuruksetra, while actual events locked in time and space, also have a different ideology. Just as each and every one of us daily has the choice of Krsna or Krsna's army to tackle the unwanted battle against DEATH, armageddon also has a personal side. John the divine had a vision of his own death, and this is described. If one relates revelation to the personal experiance of death, all the strange stuff becomes clearer.

It is the mistake thinking that we will not die that makes us wait for a future event that may or may not ever come in our present life span. Nuclear bombs may level Baakaa Valley (also known as armageddon BTW), or they may not, but nuclear bombs will certainly take place in everyone's experiance with death. Death is the experiance of everything dying, for the person dying has no such experiance, because he witnesses it all.

All scripture, especially prophecy, is meant for the individual to rectify the personal relationship with the lord. Not a newspaper to accept or reject, this is a done deal, deal with it. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

"If a tree falls in the forest when there is no one else around, is there any sound? "

The answer to this question is there isn't any sound. The sound is a perceived phenomena. What we call sound is not sound, but a vibration or an energy conversion in which the potential energy of the tree converts itself into a longitudinal wave of "sound".

this could be applied to every single one of our senses.

(may be thats why they are called false senses)

For example :

Sight is just the reflection of light in our eyes.

Smell is just a combination of molecules sensed by the hair molecules in our nose whose signal is then transmitted to the somatosensory cortex in the human brain by various chemical and electrical discharges.

All these senses are nothing but actions seen in a certain way by our mind.

So, when a person experiences death, he does not experience his death, but the death of everything else around him.

Sigh, if only my sense perception were given up, then I could see whats behind all this, which is ofcourse Krishna.

Whether there is any sound or not depends on how you define sound. If you define sound as something which is heard, then of course there is no sound because there is nobody to hear. But, if you define sound as a kind of wave which can be heard, then there IS sound. Note that in one case I considered "is heard" and in another case I considered "can be heard".

Personally, I find one problem with defining sound as something which is heard and not as something which can be heard. The problem is that if we apply the same logic to light, then we can say that light does not exist if nobody sees it. Does it mean that Sun and so many stars did not give out any light when there were no living beings on Earth?

But What I was saying is what we hear is just a type of wave.

What we see , is just radiation.

We name them light and sound, because of the way our senses perceive them.

I am not saying that their existence is only dependent on the senses that perceive them, but their recognition depends on the way our senses perceive them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

I am new to all of this, I read a book this weekend that sparked my intrests in this feild, and after reading your bit here, I am now researching all info I can find on this topic. In the book I read, published back in 1995, the world is comming to an end by a great astroid hurling itself twards the earth, and in the book it was the President who took the balme for everything that was about to happen, because he himself had not passed the bill to keep nucular wepons handy. You say there is a videp tape that will be released to the White House in concerns with the Battle of Armageddon, how do you yourself know this information and will this information be shared with the rest of us, or is this another one of the critical peices of information that will be kept from us??