IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

6 Hours Sleep

Rate this topic

Yeah but they would always be awake and at their post when the $ came back in from book distribution. bright eyed and bushy tailed chanting "the money is the honey the money is the honey."

Just kidding folks......kinda

I was on my way to California when I was listening to the program. I had never heard it before that night.

A famous male tarot reader (sorry do not remember the name) was doing a reading for the United States - it was rather interesting and I heard subtle references to vedic teachings within what he was saying.

It was very late at night when I heard all this and I was drifting in and out of sleep during it so most of it is hazy now.

Careful what you listen to when falling asleep!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I sometimes listen to bhajans or readings from Prabhupada's books. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna

Priitta:

remember what it was like 20 years ago or so, everything was so exciting and enlivening!

I_L_K:

you mean it becomes dull and boring later on? - thats not very encouraging.

Maybe it means in the beggining Krishna is encouraging, then as time goes on He wants you to try more for Him. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

-----------------

When your minds gets complacent in the service you are given, then yes it will become boring.

You need to keep familiarity away from your guru and your prescribed duties otherwise they just become routine ritual and that is the beginning of boredom.

Always be very very thankful of having had this opportunity to do some service.

Guest guest

Maybe it means in the beggining Krishna is encouraging, then as time goes on He wants you to try more for Him

----------------------

That makes sense, I unintentionally interpreted the first post in a negative way...

Guest guest

Offer obeisances to your spiritual master, chanting the pranama prayer(s) and begging his blessings to continue rendering devotional service. Also, Srila Prabhupada recommended reading Krsna book before taking rest, to help one dream of Krsna's pastimes.

During sleep your head should point east or south, for sleeping with the head pointing east brings knowledge, and sleeping with it pointing south promotes long life and strength. You should avoid sleeping with the head pointing west or north, for sleeping with the head pointing west brings worries, and sleeping with it pointing north can induce premature death.

click here for full article

Guest guest

remember what it was like 20 years ago or so, everything was so exciting and enlivening!

_________

I_L_K

Well, what I mean is, first things have changed since Prabhupada left but also, at first Krishna hands it to you on a silver platter. After awhile you have to work for it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just keep chanting Hare Krishna and all will be fine.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

Krishna

Priitta:

I_L_K:

Maybe it means in the beggining Krishna is encouraging, then as time goes on He wants you to try more for Him.

Govindaram,

I had not scrolled down to notice your post, and just replied to I_L_K, but I have to say that your answer came close to what I meant. In addition to my reply to him above, I would add this:

I dont know that its really so hard, its just like anything else. When its new, such as a new toy or a puppy, we're excited. When its old, it requires dedication to keep at it. But if we maintain that dedication to Krishna, even when there is no sense gratifion of thrill, there is no doubt of a sublime reward. :-) And my bet is, there will still be a thrills, just that we fist have to prove (mostly to ourselves!), and experience it (practice), in order to get the hang of unconditional loving service and chanting "no matter what."

Anyone who has had a child gets an idea of what it can be like. Those without children, dont worry, you can get it too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was just offering one examle which can maybe help us relate. However, no one is left out in Krishna consciousness.

YS,

Prtha dd

due to my employment schedule I usually get 6 hours sleep nightly...work until midnight...bed at 2am...arise at 8...(no nap times during the day)...wash, rinse, repeat (meaning start the cycle all over again).

as with anything once you get on a schedule your mind and your body can adjust...plus for me this gives me more awake time to remember the sweet image of Krishna playing !