IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anveshan

A GOSPEL WORTH STUDYING

Rate this topic

THE AUTHORIZED GOSPEL(S) SPEAKS TALKS OF THE CHILD JESUS TILL 12, THEN HE VANISHES ABRUPTLY AND REAPPEARS AT 30. LOT HAS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT THE 'HIDDEN YEARS'. HE VISTED HIS FATHER GOD, HE WAS IN THE NEAR-EAST STUDYING EASTERN PHILOSOPHY AND THEOLOGY INCLUDING MITHRAISM, HE CAME TO KASHMIR, etc.

Result of one of such serious inquiries, are copied herebelow, which I feel, has some authenticity.

Did Jesus study in India for the "missing" 18 years of His life and then bring back a message reflecting eastern religious thought?

There are many historical informations that places Jesus in India. One of these is the Work of Nicolas Notovitch in Ladakh, India.

Here are "the lost years" of Jesus revealed. In the Bible, Jesus' years between twelve and thirty are left totally blank. No mention is made of his whereabouts or activities.

"The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ" is the result of a trip in the 1890's by Nicolas Notovitch, a Russian, to Tibet, where he found this amazing, ancient manuscript in a lamasery.

He copied the substance of the manuscript, added a colorful account of his dangerous journey, and published the book in France in 1894. This amazing book is now republished, with additional material (commentaries, maps, art work) by Tree of Life Publications.

This is a belief-stretching book that reveals the secrets of the Hemis monastery in Ladakh, Northern India. It is here that two Russian scientists become isolated by the winter snows. They then hear of a "western Dalai Lama" of 2000 years earlier! This figure closely correlates to Jesus and his 'missing years'.

FORWARD

======

In his foreword in his book "The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ" he wrote:

In the course of one of my visits to a Buddhist convent, I learned from the chief Lama that there existed very ancient memoirs, treating of the life of Christ and of the nations of the Occident, in the archives of Lhasa, and that a few of the larger monasteries possessed copies and translations of these precious chronicles.

There being little probability of my early return to this country, I resolved to delay my departure for Europe, and verify these assertions by seeing some of these copies, even though I were obliged to invade every convent as far as Lhasa - a journey far less perilous and difficult to accomplish than we are usually led to believe. [...]

During my sojourn in Leh, the capital of Ladakh, I visited Hemis, a large convent in the outskirts of the city, where I was informed by the Lama that the monastic libraries contained a few copies of the manuscript in question. [...]

An unfortunate accident, whereby my leg was fractured, furnished me with a totally unexpected pretext to enter the monastery, where I received excellent care and nursing; and I took advantage of my short stay among these monks to obtain the privilege of seeing the manuscripts relating to Christ.

With the aid of my interpreter, who translated from the Tibetan tongue, I carefully transcribed the verses as they were read by the Lama.

Entertaining no doubt of the authenticity of this narrative, written with the utmost precision by Brahmin historians and Buddhists of India and Nepal, my intention was to publish the translations of my return to Europe.

With this object in view, I addressed myself to several well-known ecclesiastics, requesting them to revise my notes and tell me what they thought of the matter.

Monsegneur Platon, the celebrated archbishop of Kiev, believed my discovery to be of great importance, but he earnestly tried to dissuade me from giving the memoirs publicity, declaring it would be against my own interest to do so. Why? This the venerable prelate refused to explain. [...]

A year later I chanced to be in Rome. Here I submitted the manuscript to a cardinal standing high in the estimation of the Holy Father. "Why should you print this?" he said, didactically; "nobody will attach much importance to it, and you will create numberless enemies thereby. You are still young, however. If you need money, I can obtain some compensation for these notes, enough to remunerate you for your loss of time and expenditure". Naturally enough, I refused the offer.

In Paris I laid my project before Cardinal Rotelli, whom I had met in Constantinople. He also opposed the publication of my work, under pretext that it would be premature. "The church," he added, "suffers too deeply from this new current of atheistic ideas, and you would only furnish new food to the calumniators and detractors of the evangelical doctrine. I tell you this in the interest of all Christian churches".[...]

[Then] I wrote to M. Jules Simon, and I sought his advice. His reply was that I should judge for myself of the expediency of giving publicity to the memoirs.

I therefore prepared my notes, and now publish them, reserving the right to attest the authenticity of these chronicles. In my commentaries I carefully develop the arguments which prove the good faith and sincerity of the Buddhist compilers. It only remains for me to add that before criticizing my work scientific societies can, without much expense, organize an expedition whose mission it will be to study these manuscripts in the locality in which they are to be found, and thus verify their historical value.

These are some tracks taken from the Gospel written by Buddhists and called:

"THE LIFE OF SAINT ISSA

==================

THE BEST OF THE SONS OF MEN"

========================

The earth has trembled and the heavens have wept, because of the great crime just committed in the land of Israel. (Chapter 1,1)

For they have put to torture and executed the great just Issa, in whom dwelt the spirit of the world (Chapter 1,2).

Which was incarnated in a simple mortal, that men might be benefited and evil thoughts exterminated thereby (Chapter 1,3).

And that it might bring back to life of peace, of love and happiness, man degraded by sin, and recall to him the only and indivisible Creator whose mercy is boundless and infinite (Chapter 1,4).

The second and third chapters tell about the life of Mossa (Moses) and his teachings.

When Issa had attained the age of thirteen, when an Israelite should take a wife, (Chapter 4,10).

The house in which his parents dwelt and earned their livelihood in modest labor, became a meeting place for the rich and noble, who desired to gain for a son-in-law the young Issa, already celebrated for his edifying discourses in the name of the Almighty (Chapter 4,11).

It was then that Issa clandestinely left his father's house, went out of Jerusalem, and, in company with some merchants, traveled toward Sindh (Chapter 4,12).

That he might perfect himself in the divine word and study the laws of the great Buddhas (Chapter 4,10).

In the course of his fourteenth year, young Issa, blessed by God, journeyed beyond the Sindh and settled among the Aryas in the beloved country of God. (Chapter 5,1).

The fame of his name spread along the Northern Sindh. When he passed through the country of the five rivers and the Rajputan, the worshippers of the God Djaine begged him to remain in their midst. (Chapter 5,2).

But he left the misguided admirers of Djaine and visited Juggernaut, in the province of Orsis, where the remains of Vyasa-Krishna rest, and where he received a joyous welcome from the white priests of Brahma. (Chapter 5,3).

They taught him to read and understand the Vedas, to heal by prayer, to teach and explain the Holy Scripture, to cast out evil spirits from the body of man and give him back human semblance (Chapter 5,4).

He spent six years in Juggernaut, Rajagriha, Benares, and the other holy cities; all loved him, for Issa lived in peace with the Vaisyas and the Sudras, to whom he taught the Holy Scripture (Chapter 5,5).

[and about the wrong system of castes:]

He strongly denounced the men who robbed their fellow-beings of their rights as men, saying: "God the Father establishes no difference between his children, who are all equally dear to him" (Chapter 5,11).

"They that deprive their brothers of divine happiness shall themselves be deprived of it, and the Brahmans and the Kshatriyas shall become the Sudras with whom the Eternal shall dwell eternally" (Chapter 5,).

"Help the poor, assist the weak, harm no one, do not covet what you have not and what you see in the possession of others" (Chapter 5,27).

The white priests and the warriors becoming cognizant of the discourse addressed by Issa to the Sudras, resolved upon his death and sent their servants for this purpose in search of the young prophet (Chapter 6,1).

But Issa, warned of this danger by the Sudras, fled in the night from Juggernaut, gained the mountains, and took refuge in the Gothamide Country, the birthplace of the great Buddha Shakyamuni, among the people who adored the only and sublime Brahma (Chapter 6,2).

Six years later, Issa, whom the Buddha had chosen to spread his holy word, could perfectly explain the sacred rolls (Chapter 6,4).

He then left Nepal and the Himalaya Mountains, descended into the valley of Rajputan and went westward, preaching to divers people of the supreme perfection of man (Chapter 6,5).

[Returning to the West he traveled along Persia and...]

The fame of Issa's sermons spread to the neighboring countries, and, when he reached Persia, the priests were terrified and forbade the inhabitants to listen to him. (Chapter 8,1).

But when they saw that all the villages welcomed him with joy, and eagerly listened to his preaching, they caused his arrest and brought him before the high priest [...] (Chapter 8,2).

After listening to him, the wise men resolved to do him no harm. In the night, while the city was wrapped in slumber, they conducted him outside the walls and left him on the highway, hoping that he might soon become the prey of wild beasts (Chapter 8,23).

But, being protected by the Lord our God, Saint Issa continued his way unmolested (Chapter 8,24).

Issa, whom the Creator had chosen to recall the true God to the people that were plunged in depravities, was twenty-nine years of age when he arrived in the land of Israel (Chapter 9,1).

From this chapter the story is the same of the Gospels:

By order of Governor, the soldiers seized upon Issa and the two thieves whom they conducted to the place of torture, where they nailed them to the crosses they had erected (Chapter 14,1).

All that day, the bodies of Issa and of the two thieves remained suspended, dripping with blood, under the guard of soldiers; the people stood around them, while the parents of the crucified men wept and prayed (Chapter 14,2).

At sunset, the agony of Issa came to an end. He lost consciousness, and the soul of this just man detached itself from his body to become part of the Divinity (Chapter 14,3).

BUT THIS GOSPEL ENDS IN A STRANGE DIFFERENT WAY.

Pilate, however, becoming alarmed at his own actions, gave up the body of the holy man to his relations, who buried him near the place of his execution; the multitude then came to pray over his tomb and filled the air with weeping and wailing (Chapter 14,5).

Three days later the governor sent his soldiers to take up the body of Issa and bury it elsewhere, fearing a general uprising of the people (Chapter 14,6).

The following day the sepulcher was found open and empty by the multitude; and the rumor immediately spread that the Supreme Judge has sent his angels to take away the mortal remains of the saint in whom dwelt on earth a part of the Divine Spirit (Chapter 14,7).

When this report came to the ears of Pilate he fell into a rage and forbade everyone, under penalty of perpetual slavery, to ever utter the name of Issa and to pray to the Lord for him. (Chapter 14,8).

But the people continued to weep and praise their master aloud; therefore many were placed in captivity, subjected to torture, and put to death (Chapter 14,9).

And the disciples of Saint Issa left the land of Israel and went in all directions among the pagans, telling them that they must abandon their gross errors, think of the salvation of their souls, and of the perfect felicity in store for men in the enlightened and immaterial world where, in repose and in all his purity, dwells the great Creator in perfect majesty (Chapter 14,10).

Many pagans, their kings and soldiers, listened to these preachers, abandoned their absurd beliefs, deserted their priests and their idols to sing the praises of the all-wise Creator of the universe, the King of kings, whose heart is filled with infinite mercy (Chapter 14,11).

NICOLAS NOTOVITCH HERE EXPLAINS:

“It is only reasonable to suppose that the prudent lieutenant of the Roman Caesar, seeing that the tomb of Jesus was becoming a shrine of universal lamentations and the object of national mourning, and fearing that the memory of this just man might excite discontent and perhaps arouse the entire population against their foreign yoke, should have taken all possible means to divert the public mind from the recollection of Jesus.

For three days, the soldiers placed on guard at the tomb were the butt of the jeers and maledictions of the people, who, braving the danger, came in throngs to adore the great martyr. PILATE THEREFORE ORDERED HIS SOLDIERS TO REMOVE THE BODY DURING THE NIGHT, WHEN THE PILGRIMAGES HAD CEASED, AND ENTER IT CLANDESTINELY IN ANOTHER PLACE, LEAVING THE FIRST TOMB OPEN AND UNGUARDED, THAT THE PEOPLE MIGHT SEE THAT JESUS HAD DISAPPEARED.

BUT PILATE FAILED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS END; FOR, ON THE FOLLOWING DAY, NOT FINDING THE BODY OF THEIR MASTER IN THE SEPULCHER, THE HEBREWS, WHO WERE VERY SUPERSTITIOUS AND BELIEVED IN MIRACLES, DECLARED HIM RESUSCITATED.”

The Book along with the Gospel can be had from the publishers (Email::treelife@telis.org)

(Copied from: http://smithbrad.nventure.com/unknownJC.htm)

Guest guest

for us and all, gita is all we need.

is it any heart burn that we do not read bible but gita?

jai sri krishna -madhav

Guest guest

sure. even krishna gives that freedom to all, of not following his advise.

to be more correct. i should have said, 'as far as i know, gita is enough for all the mankind at all the times and all the places.'

jai sri krishna! -madhav