IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Touching/Bowing before Feet

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

When you touch somebody's feet your Karma is supposed to be transferred to that person, is that why children touch there parents feet, and disciples touch their spiritual masters feet?

Also if anybody touches your feet, then is their Karma passed on to you..

Ps It's a bit bad if all my Karma goes to my parents by me touching their feet. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And be happy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If not, then Yes die in the wrath of the KARMA GHOST! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Whenever you let other's touch your feet or you touch their feet.

Actually, this could be a good thing, when you are like facing the "enemy" in your life, all you need to do is fall on their "lotus feet" that way you get your revenge , and they suffer the consequences of your karma. /images/graemlins/grin.gif (highlight the last line including the grinning smilie, you will see its not grinning but smiling evilly)

Take care /images/graemlins/cool.gif

http://billyblob.com/cartoons/karma-ghost/index.html

Hare Krishna

I_L_K

All you need to do is fall on their "lotus feet" that way you get your revenge

Hey, I_L_K I'm asking a serious question /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Although your idea is very devious /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Indeed,

(can u imagine the scene falling at everyone's feet who you don't like!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ego= suffering...

Evil= suffering.

Ego is evil...

Suffering= suffering.

But , Touching feet= No ego...

No ego= Not evil

In logic ~p is the opposite of p, In the same way "Not evil"= opposite of Evil ,

Touching feet with Evil intentions= (Not Evil)+ Evil= 0

So, through the really bad mathematical speculation above, there is nothing wrong in touching feet with evil intentions!

No karmic effect /images/graemlins/smile.gif

the fact is that if you touch my feet you are giving me the respect that is due to the masters, god, demigods, and saints

in our vedic culture (let me kindly say like that even if i am a mleccha) respect means responsability

so

if i allow you to behave with me as an inferior, a disciple (touching my "lotus" feet), i have also to take the responsability to be a prabhu, a father, a spiritual master for you

and if you are in a school, or if you are a child in the family and you do something wrong... the responsability (karma) goes to the master or the father

this is the main reason that, if i accept that you adore me touching my feet, i take your karma ( = responsibilities, duties) and the duty to bring you back to godhead

thanks... i express my ideas also to verify if devotees are agreeing

i would add that the external act of touching and bowing, in some way, it is not so important, i know that some "yogis" accept obeisances from distance thinking that in this way they do not take the karma

but it is illogic, if one accept to be considered a master, a devotee in any condition, with or without formalism, he take the responsability

in this way we have to be (me first) very careful when in this forum we give an opinion, devotees are very humble and they have a great respect for everyone, so we must be very careful to act as teachers when they are listening