IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dev

Understanding Karma

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna ,

Monday's deadly bombings in Mumbai which killed at least 44 people and injured more than 150 others. I want to understand this in karma point of view. Those who got killed, was their life expectation was that much in this life according to their karma and those people would have any way got killed by some how on that particular moment. ?

If yes then the person who committed this is just a player of god's wish , like arjuna in the battle field . Though the motive was Adharma.

Hari Bol

No, you see Krishna does not side Adharma.

Karma is something which is an ongoing cycle, In Jyotishya (Hand fortune telling rituals), there are many instances where a person could die due to his/her karma.

Whether he dies or not , depends on the circumstance and basically on trial and error.

So, Karma is not just the player here, the player is the person who acts in such a way that he/she commits his/her death or becomes responsible for other's death as well.

In Mahabharata Krishna Clearly says, "I will only side with Dharma because I am Dharma itself" he also says this, "I have no reason to control the tastes of other's actions"

In other words, he will let the terrorist be ignorant and serve the karma by blasting that bomb, or the terrorist might come to his senses and try to save those people.

It depends on the terrorist and his choice, Krishna does not interfere with that.

So, Krishna here is not to blame, it is the terrorists who did this are the one's who carry the guilt.

But the Terrorists will suffer though, because when they act in Karmic cycle their vasanas increase.

Vasanas are the root causes of our tendencies, the terrorists however have destructive vasanas, and as their destructive vasanas increase, eventually they will destroy the terrorists themselves.

Lord Brahma cannot understand laws of karma, he knows, obeserves, creaets but cannot understand.

If it is simple, you walk in a forest and step on a sage's toe and he curses you - you become an elephant.... this is kind of clear.... but the case you asking... Krishna knows....

Did that people who died in a blast deserved to die due to their past karma? Did they deserve to die due to living in a city which has bad karma, country which has bad karma..... Or they were innocent who got affected in somebody else karma... take a pick but in fact we won't comprehend it.

Hare krishna,

How I understand karma is whatever we do is karma, It can be Sakam karma ( fruitful activity ) or it can be Niskam like serving Krishna by offering him food etc.

Similarly if anything happens to me that is also because of my Karma in this life or previous lives. After all we are suffering because we did many sakam karma in our life after life. So if anything happens to me that is because I invited those action with my sakam karma in previous life.

So my understanding is if I get killed in any of such bombing, I invited it with my Karma. If I am bhkta , I may think that this is less punishment because of HIM and I should have suffer more with more severe death due to my Karma.

Hari Bol.