IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Does any scripture talk about Science?

Rate this topic

Dear Guest - Hare Krishna!

All the vedic scriptures talk about Science. The real science is to know about "Who am I?", which the current scientists term as Philosophy. But neverthless that is the real science.

An example can be given that when we see anything we want to know about it. What is it? How does it function? What are it's activities? etc... The modern "so-called" science just tries to find about everything else except our own selves. That's the futility of the modern science.

The REAL science is that which will help us in solving the most important problems of "Janma, mrtyu, jaraa, vyadhi" - "Birth, death, old-age and disease".

Krishna uses the word "Vigyaan" meaning science many times in Bhagavad Gita. For example:

Idam tu te Guhyatamam,

Pravakshyami Anasuyave,

Jnyana Vigyaana Sahitam,

Yad Gnyaatva MokshyaseAshubhaat.

Krishna says:

"Arjuna I'll tell you about this most secret knowledge and science because you're without any envy. By knowing this you'll surely be freed from everything that is inauspicious"

Also Srila Prabhupada, the founder acarya of ISKCON and the deliverer of the fallen souls in this dark-age of Kali, usually uses this statement from the vedic literature which is "Tad Vignyaanartham Sa Gurum Evabhigachchet" - To get this Scientific Transcendental knowledge one must approach a Guru.

I can just try to explain why this is the REAL science. This is because the so-called science of today is trying to solve the problems of the people. But by doing so it is creating more problems and the major four problems of Birth, Death, Old age and Disease is the REAL problems faced by everyone in this material world and the ONLY science that can help a person cross these problems is the science given in the Vedic scriptures like Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.

Hope this helps.

Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

My biology textbook, which teaches evolution, was taught to me like it was a scripture.

cheers

Guest guest

yes.

srimadbhagavatam shows (seek king revat's story)

that the theory of relativity was known to the vedic people.

the difference about the vedic dharma is that it does not give much importance to science / technology if that does not serve god or help in realizing god.

you must know that india has provided millions of hindus

who are serving US and UK in science and technology fields.

jai sri krishna!

- madhav

to understand the heights that India had reached in ancient times in Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Astronomy

and language.

also, try reading Aryabhata's, Varahamihira's, Brahmagupta's and Bhaskara's texts on Astronomy and Mathematics; and Susrutha's and Charaka's texts on medicine.

www.vedicmaths.org

The above links talk about some of the mathematical tricks that were taken out of vedas...

If you go to India, you can buy Vedic Mathematics text book ... in it are verses from the vedas that prove to be useful in mathematical calculations. You will become like a living calculator /images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are books on vedic physics, vedic astronomy and vedic air flight mechanisms.

There was a famous Indian Vedantin, I forgot his name, but he was a very famous fellow who made flight possible in an airplane created by the dictation of vedic verses.

It was a non engine, man powered airplane...

He was killed by the british who were very afraid of the Indian Vedas...

The Vedas are also the cause of "Draw Bridges" that we see all over the world, An Indian invented it (by the help of the vedas ofcourse) but was killed again by the british government.

Anyway, Medical verses of the vedas still exist today though, even though many Ayurvedic doctors were killed , shot or were basically put out of business by the british, some of the Ayurvedic doctors still existed in villages giving free treatment to people.

So, after the Indian Independence you still see Ayurvedic Hospitals today. One of the most famous Ayurvedic hospital is the Maharshi. They give free treatments and is run by a multibillionare doctor.

and start reading! I do not like the challenging, demanding attitude of these guests. Usually they are the ones that start arguing about the verses and trying to dispute them when you do post them.

Scriptures were listed above by someone else - also read Srimad Bhagavatam. So get up off your duff, shut down your computer and start reading. Or read the books online - I think I saw someone give you the link in another post above.

Then come back and discuss the verses with us instead of demanding that we print them here for you like we have to prove something to you!

Note: that nobody's answers are ever good enough for guest!