IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krishna has given up on me .....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Last night was what I considered to be, the most important night of my life. It was my meeting with Krishna on his birthday. I fasted the entire week, and eagerly looked forward to the last night where I would sit up the entire night in the Mandir, and offer my love and devotion to the Supreme.

MY fiancee is Tamil, and I am Hindi. We seem to be having endless quarrels and heated screasming arguments about God.

Last night was her way of getting back to me on this auspicious day. She deliberately picked a fight with me telling me that she is not a Krishna devotee, and that I should not force her into praying for someone who she has never prayed for before. This was a never a problem in the past years because I gave in to her demands that we will not fast for Krishna Asthami. This year, I began reading the Gita, and my association with Krishna has never been so strong ever. I was hurt, I was angry, and I had every possible negative spirit last night. I could not go to temple, as she refused to stay alone at home.

Krishna has given up on me for what I did last night.

I am not a Krishna Devotee but I believe that Krishna is the other name of MY GOD THE FATHER.

Krishna will never give up on you....He is just waiting for you to realize that in times like this..you need Him most...

Take a breath..and cast all your worries to Him. He is more welcome to assist you and console you, for He is the Lord of Consolation.

Regarding your Fiancee...I can really relate to your situation. I am not a devotee but the one I love is a pure devotee but ...it is not a matter of differences, it's the matter of acceptance and respect. I feel I am most grateful and most blessed becasue I found the man that priories God above all...even I think He will leave me for His devotion... This is not the world that the Lord has promised..this is the world of purification.

One question: Is your finacee your choice? Or is it God's choice? God know's what's best for you..Don't cry over spilled milk....God First and God will do the rest....

god i havent been on here for months, where have i been lately hehehe, but anyway i'm sorry to here about these situations u get into, since your partner is Tamil, is she a Shiva bhakta and your Krishna bhakta? I belong to the Tamil Shaivism and was always taught to respect the Vaisnava devotees and all other religions, because they're all eventual paths to reach the ultimate bliss....whatever path is accepted by the Supreme for our eventual ascention, the deeper we go, the deeper our divine love awakens, and our darshan (visions) of the Lord of love will become much clearer......

Instead of fighting u need to remember what is important to u both, and thats your relationship of love by the grace of the Supreme. Both Shiva and Krishna shower there grace upon you, do u think they would want their dear devotees quarrelling like this? remember this is not why they brought u together, remember how they praise each other and revere each other in the scriptures? krishna is very dear to shiva, and shiva is very dear to krishna, what to think of the devotees how dear they must be......

plz do not be hateful towards her, or her be hateful towards u, remember compassion and humility are our divine qualities as devotees, its what makes our devotion become pure in the sight of God. good luck to you both and may SadaShiva and MahaVishnu bless you with happiness.....

Om Namah Shivaya......

Hare Krishna

By Guest:

YES, he has, so what you gonna do now? NOT live by the 4 regulative principles, STOP chanting 16 Rounds of Hare-Krishna, become an atheist?

I have no idea whether it is Krishna testing you, or is it Maya?

People make excuses that Oh Krishna has forgotten me or has given up one me,

NO YOU have given up on Krishna.

Sorry Prabhu, all this is not directed at you, but to myself as well.

-------

<font color="red"> nitai-gauranga, nitai-gauranga </font color>

<font color="red"> jayasacinandana, gaura-hari </font color>

<font color="blue"> All glories to Lord Nityananda and Lord Caitanya!

</font color> <font color="blue"> the son of Saci-devi, who is Krsna Himself in golden hue.

</font color>

Guest guest

Friendship is the finest temple not made by any hand.

Wherever Lord of Love is close by He casts his shadow as forgiveness.

Can you discern the shadow of forgiveness in your temple of friendship?

Was forgiveness born in your temple on Janmastami?

If you did not want this, maybe you should have fasted and prayed less.

Jay Shri Krishna.

With Love.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but there's a lesson to learn from everything- that's how we advance spiritually. I can relate to your situation, as I wish with all my heart that my wife would become a devotee with me. However, trying to force Krishna Coinsciousness on anyone will not work. You (and I) need to lead by example. If we become purified, our love for Krishna will radiate to everyone we encounter. She will then become attracted to Krishna on her own accord. I wish you the best- I think patience and tolerance is key. Hare Krishna!

Matt

Guest guest

Last night was what I considered to be, the most important night of my life. It was my meeting with Krishna on his birthday. I fasted the entire week, and eagerly looked forward to the last night where I would sit up the entire night in the Mandir, and offer my love and devotion to the Supreme.

MY fiancee is Tamil, and I am Hindi. We seem to be having endless quarrels and heated screasming arguments about God.

Last night was her way of getting back to me on this auspicious day. She deliberately picked a fight with me telling me that she is not a Krishna devotee, and that I should not force her into praying for someone who she has never prayed for before. This was a never a problem in the past years because I gave in to her demands that we will not fast for Krishna Asthami. This year, I began reading the Gita, and my association with Krishna has never been so strong ever. I was hurt, I was angry, and I had every possible negative spirit last night. I could not go to temple, as she refused to stay alone at home.

Oh man, I feel your pain.

I assume yours is not an arranged match, given your language differences. This means you probably have been "seeing" each other and have developed an emotional attachment outside of a mutual interest in Krishna-consciousness.

Well, without knowing more about your fiancee, it is hard to advise. Does she object because she does not understand the Hare Krishna culture, but is otherwise religious? If so, don't panic yet. There are many other ways of worshipping Krishna. You should explain to her that this is one, and that going to the temple helps you to appreciate all the different genuine Vaishnava traditions. Explain that you aren't trying to force anything on her - this is just something you like to do, you like to learn the philosophy, and that other Krishna devotees also appreciate the Hare Krishna movement. Sometimes religious ladies object to Hare Krishna movement because they see its many cultish qualities (usually because there is no shortage of devotees who are fanatics, who don't follow regulative principles, who don't know how to behave, etc).

Or is it that your finacee is just plain irreligious or anti-Vishnu? If this is the case, then given your endless quarrels and screaming arguments, maybe it's time you sat down with her and just explain that this is who you are, that you aren't trying to force anything on her, and that she should just accept you for who you are. Keeping you home on Krishnaashtami is not going to make for a happy marriage, let me assure you. Put the ball back in her court, but don't argue anymore about your religion. You aren't going to compromise on associating with good devotees, taking part in Krishna festivals, etc because this is who you are. If she can't accept you for who you are, then you should end this before your attachment gets any stronger.

The last thing you want to is to have marriage vows made in spite of such a fundamental incompatibility.

It's too bad this is such an impersonal forum. You really need someone who can sit with you throughout all this.

Guest guest

Well, u should not force anything on anybody.

I dont force all these God stuff to my family members, instead i offer them to God mentally and ask him to protect them and I ask god to remind them of him atleast in this life.

but prabhu you should never force one to take on Krishna bhakthi. Krishna may want something else from them.

Furthermore, Krishna never gives up on any one. Every one is dear to him. He is the most understandable and most capable. Even though you think that he has given up on you, it is only a test for you or a way for him to get closer to you.

Guest guest

who does she think she prays to? If it is Siva then you will be okay. If it is Allah, then ...... [too horrible to describe here]

That's a little prejudiced, don't you think?

She won't let him go to the year's greatest religious celebration. Yes, that is very prejudiced. I wouldn't be in such a loveless relationship.

If she thinks she worships Lord Siva then common scripture can easily bridge the gap to Krsna, but if she tries to worship Allah then it would seem difficult to marry the Qu'uran with the Vedas, unless she is advanced spiritually, which seems not to be the case.

Guest guest

By the word "prejudiced" I was referring to your remark: "If it is Allah, then ...... [too horrible to describe here] "

<blockquote>who does she think she prays to? If it is Siva then you will be okay. If it is Allah, then ...... [too horrible to describe here] </blockquote>

There is certainly no way of deducing that "Allah is horrible" from these statements; just as it does not say that "Siva will be okay".

Perhaps if I reword the idea a third way it will be clear. If she worships Siva, a great devotee of Krsna according to the Vedas he can find many scriptural verses that will convince his fiancee that all is well. If she worships Allah, then it will be more difficult for her to understand that Krsna is God, Allah. That is what was meant and really what was said. This previous highlighted part was replaced by dots in the quote above with the humorous caption that it is too gruesome to reveal. I have no doubt that it will be a real terror for these two if this is the case, given the way it has started.

If it is not clear now, you should consult someone with a better understanding of English.

Guest guest

If it is not clear now, you should consult someone with a better understanding of English.

That's a little rude, don't you think?

If she worshipped Jehova, would the consequences also be as horrible as Allah worship? I'm curious.

No, rude is your claiming to deduce that I infer that "Allah is horrible", and then not apologizing when your mistake is noted. Instead, you add further insult. That is simply rude.

That was not a difficult passage. Your supposed lack of comprehension of such a simple piece (written in two different ways) led me to believe that this was not your main language. It was not meant as an insult. If English is not your second language and, if you cannot understand such simple things, you should definitely never get upset by things your mind tells you; do not trust it.

Yes, if she is trying to worship Yahweh then they will have a difficult time trying to resolve the two sets of words and idioms describing God. It was okay when he seemed to have no faith, but now her plans to roll over him are dashed. Her Mommy is really upset now.

.... that if she is actually worshipping Allah or Jehovah she will find no problem in accepting that Krsna is God. It is because she it simply trying to worship Allah or Yahweh or whatever name that the problem arises. Very few actually worship God. You have to know Him to love Him; otherwise it is just a name, a reputation, a description, a sequence of words, a concept, a blackbox.

One who knows God is humble, knowing that His wonders far eclipse all these descriptions found in the various scriptures; He cannot be captured in our silly little minds by words and concepts - it is just not possible.

This is why all religious strife and conflict occur. Practically no one knows God. We think our Allah is different than your Krsna, than his Yahweh, than her Rama. In actuality it is only the hints we have found to God's identity that differ.

By definition, there is only one God, Supreme Being. I am hoping that your fiancee and her family will come to know this and accept your devotion to Sri Krsna, and their lives will be enriched.

gHari

Guest guest

No.

you gave up on krishna.

then what he can do?

jai sri krishna!

- madhav

BTW, there was no need to force her to worship krishna.

Guest guest

i know it was Bhaghvan's b-day and it is tradition to go to the madhir and participate in the festivities. But, to me, if god is in your heart, you can pray anywhere or anytime. Go in the next room and pray.

what concerns me the most about your situation is that why is the quarrel over god. Is she Hindu as well? to me there should be not problem at all.

and in hopes of making you feel better, god never gives up on you - even if you do. he is still there waiting for you to come back.

As a child i was very devout. I woke up in the morning thinking about god and went to sleep thinking about god. devoutly watched mahabharat and ramayan. i was soo happy. when i was 13-14 years old my entire life changed for the worse. my mom moved away in another state (due to the family business) my older sister ran away from home to live with her boyfriend and i was left alone with my dad and my little sister. Every weekend we would go see my mom and it was hard being a teenager and not having much of a life. i wondered to god why is this happeneing to me. why are you so mean? there after, i began life as an atheist. for a good eight years i shut god out of my life. I scoffed at the mere thought of god. i believed that god was there only for the weak. i grew to be soo sad and empty. life was just a curse to me. i tried time to kill myself and the pain of the emptiness plagued me day in and day out. when i was a child my heart was so full and now nothing mattered.

but now, i am starting to come back. yesterday i found this site and started to read the gita and i feel soo much better. now, i know that god was always with me, even at the darkest points in my life. so please dont ever feel taht god has left you. if you feel him in your heart he is there- without a doubt.

"Perhaps if I reword the idea a third way it will be clear. If she worships Siva, a great devotee of Krsna according to the Vedas he can find many scriptural verses that will convince his fiancee that all is well."

that is not completely true, the Vedas support krsna being devoted to shiva actually, and shiva being the supreme, how come vishnu devotees always try to refute and deny it? there are scriptures proclaiming both, but Vedas are the center for the rest. check out the shiva purana, skanda purana, and linga purana, plus tamil saints' poetry and stories, and how shaivism was revived in Tamil Nadu u would be astonished on the stories.......

but no one should tell someone how or who to worship as supreme, thats going over the edge.....respect and let go of pride, it only destroys....only the greatly learned scholars and sages should have the right to argue like this, because they know better not to get in fights or get tremendously angry.....

"shiva being the supreme, how come vishnu devotees always try to refute and deny it? "

The supreme truth is one and the same, but we deny it because we say that Shiva is a demigod who is also a servant of Krishna.

But just because we say it does not make it true. Krishna is everything, he is even shiva. So, if you say shiva is the supreme truth then you are absolutely right.

Guest guest

that is not completely true, the Vedas support krsna being devoted to shiva actually, and shiva being the supreme,

I'm calling your bluff. Show me where in the Vedas "krsna being devoted to shiva" is shown.

Guest guest

Naturally, I mean show me exact coordinates - chapter and verse, or in this case, which book of the veda, which mandala, which mantra, etc.

i have given the sources, did i not say the shaiva puranas? they extoll shiva as supreme, it is one of the largest religous traditions in the world, also the oldest of the hindu traditions, u simply just have not done your research, u have only looked in vaishnava texts, there are many shaiva texts that describe why Shiva is supreme, not vishnu, example: Sveshvatara Upanishad is an easy access text....

www.shaivam.org and urday.com to read different puranas...

in vedas vishnu is just a minor solar god, nothing much there, all the devas in Veda extoll the formless Brahman, which is Shiva. Vishnu has form and so is limited, he did not know the nature of God in the beginning and neither did brahma. Rudra is just a form of the Supreme Shiva, thats why its confusing in stories....God is highest and therefore should be honored as the most transcendant beyond form. hard to grasp isnt it