IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Why did God Create all these Religions?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

In my view it's because, we are lazy minded (that's meant to be funny, think about it: /images/graemlins/smirk.gif), also is it because man is so stupid that he won't except the 'right' religion, so he has to go the long way round, what are the views of others, I know it an old question but, what the hell...

-------

<font color="red"> nitai-gauranga, nitai-gauranga </font color>

<font color="red"> jayasacinandana, gaura-hari </font color>

<font color="blue"> All glories to Lord Nityananda and Lord Caitanya!

</font color> <font color="blue"> the son of Saci-devi, who is Krsna Himself in golden hue.

</font color>

Funny I was just reading in Bhagavad Gita and Srila Prabhupada commenting on Chapter 7 text 2. Srila Rupa Gosvami writes in his Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu: "Devotional service to the Lord that ignores the authorized Vedic literatures like the Upanisads, Puranas and Narada-pancaratra is simply an unnecessary disturbance in society". I assume it is safe to say that most of the worlds religons do not accept the authority of Vedic literatures so based on this statement if it is God who has created all these religions then He must have wanted to create a "unnecessary disturbance in society."

Hare Krishna

" <font color="red"> Devotional service </font color> to the Lord that ignores the authorized Vedic literatures like the Upanisads, Puranas and Narada-pancaratra is simply an unnecessary disturbance in society".

The word used is Devotional services or bhakti-yoga to Lord Krishna, Srila Prabhupada <font color="red"> maybe </font color>is talking only of Lord Krishna, and not any other 'religion'. you have got a different meaning from it in my opinion, but maybe I am wrong /images/graemlins/confused.gif

<font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="orange"> KRISHNA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="orange"> KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE HARE

</font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="blue">RAMA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="blue"> RAMA RAMA RAMA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE HARE </font color>

How much can we change without going crazy from a total break in the self? The heroin junkie can move on to being a methodone junkie. What degree of change is the self capable of dealing with?

The fruitive worker can continue fruitive desires while thinking of Krsna. The mentalists can direct their minds' attachment to speculation toward the Ultimate Truth. For these people Krsna prescribes methods short of surrender knowing they cannot change so abruptly.

Hare Krishna

<font color="red"> Lord Krishna prescribes many paths for us: </font color>

Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga

So what paths are prescribed for Muslims & Christian's?

Are they following similar paths to us, namely Bhakt-Yoga, or do they have paths that are identical with Bhakti-Yoga?

-------

</font color> <font color="blue"> the son of Saci-devi, who is Krsna Himself in golden hue.

</font color>

Take the Christians for example. They are offering service to Lord Jesus who is a bonafide representative of Krishna so if they follow perfectly the instructions of Jesus they will be elevated to a position where they can associate with Jesus and Jesus will reveal to them Vedic knowledge. But if they simply make a show of being devoted to Jesus and are actually falling more into the bodily conception of life then they are simply wasting their time and will continue to transmigrate in the material world. Chanting the holy names of the Lord is the only religion in the Kali-yuga. If you don't want to chant Hare Krishna then chant the name of his bonafide representative like Jesus.

Just like the rivers in whe world converge into one body of water "The ocean" .

All the sincere paths which try to attain the supreme lead to the truth. The sincerety however, depends on the level of honest approach which is unfortunately hard to find in this age.

The best method is to be a Karma Yogi, do your duty and surrender to the lord... let him decide if he makes you come to him or wishes to leave you in this material world.

Guest guest

What makes you think God created all of them? The question is based on a presumption whose correctness is not immediately obvious to all.

Whatever floats your boat but I prefer Bhakti-yoga. As Srila Prabhupada says in Bhagavad Gita. "The culmination of all kinds of yoga practice lies in bhakti-yoga. Yoga actually means bhakti-yoga; all other yogas are progressions towards this destination." From the beginning of karma-yoga to the end of bhakti-yoga is a long way to self-realization. Karma-yoga, without fruitive results, is the beginning of the path. When karma-yoga increases in knowledge and renunciation, the stage is called jnana-yoga. When jnana-yoga increases in meditation on the Supersoul by different physical processes, and the mind is on Him, it is called astanga-yoga. And when one surpasses astanga-yoga and comes to the point of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, it is called bhakti-yoga, the culmination. Factually, bhakti-yoga is the ultimate goal, but to analyze bhakti-yoga minutely one has to understand these other minor yogas."

All the paths are there to recognize the Hari who is the "Antar-atma" of all.

If I refer to Yoga Vashistha, the word Hari itself means "The one who dwells in the milk of compassion"- please correct me if i am wrong.

Hari is ofcourse love itself personified, bhakthi is synonymous to real love... so it is true that everything in the end comes down to the very essence of all the scriptures... which is to invoke the long last feeling which we had for the lord.

I have some ideas about Christianity to which I alluded elsewhere here, but I don't want to get into another tiff with the hardcore Vedic wranglers for over the last ten years on the net I have lost faith in their hard hearts. I don't know enough about Islam to have an opinion.

In my view, Karma Yoga is perfect devotional service to the lord.

Karma Yoga for me would be Padasevana... just like the saying "Manavasa seva Madhava seva"

Service to Mankind with no attachment is the best type of devotional service to the lord in my view.

But isnt that obvious? this guy is everything... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bhagavad Gita As It Is!

In my view, Karma Yoga is perfect devotional service to the lord.

Karma Yoga for me would be Padasevana... just like the saying "Manavasa seva Madhava seva"

Service to Mankind with no attachment is the best type of devotional service to the lord in my view.

But isnt that obvious? this guy is everything...

A yogi is greater than the ascetic, greater than the empiricist and greater than the fruitive worker. Therefore, O Arjuna, in all circumstances, be a yogi.

PURPORT

When we speak of yoga we refer to linking up our consciousness with the Supreme Absolute Truth. Such a process is named differently by various practitioners in terms of the particular method adopted. When the linking up process is predominantly in fruitive activities, it is called karma-yoga, when it is predominantly empirical, it is called jnana-yoga, and when it is predominantly in a devotional relationship with the Supreme Lord, it is called bhakti-yoga. Bhakti-yoga or Krsna consciousness is the ultimate perfection of all yogas, as will be explained in the next verse. The Lord has confirmed herein the superiority of yoga, but He has not mentioned that it is better than bhakti-yoga. Bhakti-yoga is full spiritual knowledge, and as such, nothing can excel it. Asceticism without self-knowledge is imperfect. Empiric knowledge without surrender to the Supreme Lord is also imperfect. And fruitive work without Krsna consciousness is a waste of time. Therefore, the most highly praised form of yoga performance mentioned here is bhakti-yoga, and this is still more clearly explained in the next verse.

For more nectar see Bhagavad Gita As It Is.

I L K,

Bhakti-yoga is recommended by 3 out of 4 Vedantists to cure the material affliction. It should be 4 out of 4 but in the Kali-yuga it gets reduced to 3 out of 4. So even in the Kali-yuga the majority of Vedantists recommend Bhakti-yoga over any other form of yoga. just kidding about the 3 out of 4 thing.

Hare Krishna

I always thought you were a <font color="blue"> Bhakti-Yoga </font color> , sort of a gal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-------

</font color>