IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Angekela

Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, and Mohammed. Who among them is the true personality of God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As far as answering your question, it has all ready been answered by Thiest. My suspicion is you reject his answer or you wouldn't be saying it had not been answered. All I can do is suggest you read Prabhupada's books for yourself and see they are indeed, pure, and that he is as well.

Perhaps I missed it, but I think Theist only suggested that Prabhupada was quoting Bhaktisiddhanta on this point. But I did not see the quote. If you could provide it I would appreciate it. Otherwise, if the quote is in Prabhupada's books, could you direct me to it? If there is something in the scriptures that says it, I would love to see that too.

Cheers

"Re: I guess not. I just wanted to know. What's the fuss?"

The fuss is that those with a Vaisnava education know the intense karmic reactions of even jokingly criticizing any pure deovtee. So it is not only for our beneift that we want the question to be asked free from sarcasm or doubts of Prabhupada's knowledge and purity, but your own.

Maybe you are sincere and just made a blunder. I hope so, but I suspect if you can't find the ansewr in Rg Veda, for example, you will not only reject, but ctiticize that our dear Srila Prabhupada, who could speak to Krishna personally, has said like this. All I can do is humbly ask you to next time word your question with more thought. Thank you.

Guest guest

The fuss is that those with a Vaisnava education know the intense karmic reactions of even jokingly criticizing any pure deovtee. So it is not only for our beneift that we want the question to be asked free from sarcasm or doubts of Prabhupada's knowledge and purity, but your own.

Maybe you are sincere and just made a blunder. I hope so, but I suspect if you can't find the ansewr in Rg Veda, for example, you will not only reject, but ctiticize that our dear Srila Prabhupada, who could speak to Krishna personally, has said like this. All I can do is humbly ask you to next time word your question with more thought. Thank you.

I'm kind of confused here. I just asked a simple question. Why do you say I criticized any pure devotee? Why do you say my question has sarcasm? As far as doubt - well, if I didn't doubt I wouldnt ask the question. I'm asking the question to take care of the doubt.

What was wrong with the wording of my question? How should I word it to make it more acceptable to you?

cheers

Again, I am not sure if you ask your question, what was wrong with the way you asked, out of sincerity or to keep this going. Anyway, seems obvious to me, but ok, I will clarify it for you.

"Mohammed lived a thousand of years prior to your Prabhupada. Where did he got his authority to speak of Mohammed? He only based his claims of the writings about Mohammed also. Or maybe Prabhupada is the reincarnation of Mohammed? Ha ha ha...just kidding...(half meant)

Even half joke, especially following all else said, is not a joke. Again maybe it was a blunder or poor choice. Anyway....... Prabhupada has all authority to speak on anyone he darn well pleases, not because he had to have 'been there' or alive at that particular time, and not because like you or me, he can only speculate, or again like humans only get information from shastra, but instead as pure devotee he is not only thoroughly studied in all Vedic shastra but also has all knowledge (or can quickly get access to it through Krishna directly). This is a concept one can't get if they: 1) dont have a proper understanding of who Prabhupada is, 2) don't want to, or are not ready to surrender to the pure deovtee.

Y.S. means Your servant.

Guest guest

I am not considering Geeta but the Veda's does clearly says that Jesus Christ is the "Prajapathy"

Rigveda X:90:7 8220;

Tham yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Sadhya rushayaschaye

I don't see the word "Prajapathy" in the above.

Cheers

Guest guest

Again, I am not sure if you ask your question, what was wrong with the way you asked, out of sincerity or to keep this going. Anyway, seems obvious to me, but ok, I will clarify it for you.

"Mohammed lived a thousand of years prior to your Prabhupada. Where did he got his authority to speak of Mohammed? He only based his claims of the writings about Mohammed also. Or maybe Prabhupada is the reincarnation of Mohammed? Ha ha ha...just kidding...(half meant)

Even half joke, especially following all else said, is not a joke. Again maybe it was a blunder or poor choice.

Prita that person who said that was not me. I don't know who he or she is. I just figured he was some 11 year old kid discovering the internet for the first time. So i asked if everyone could just be nice. There is so much cruelty and evil the world. Common virtues are rarely seen, so why not be forgiving?

But I am the one who asked for the quote from Prabhupada talking about Mohammed as shakti-avesa-avatar. I still hope you or someone else can find that for me at some point. Pleaes don't be mad. I just want to know.

cheers

Anyway....... Prabhupada has all authority to speak on anyone he darn well pleases, not because he had to have 'been there' or alive at that particular time, and not because like you or me, he can only speculate, or again like humans only get information from shastra, but instead as pure devotee he is not only thoroughly studied in all Vedic shastra but also has all knowledge (or can quickly get access to it through Krishna directly). This is a concept one can't get if they: 1) dont have a proper understanding of who Prabhupada is, 2) don't want to, or are not ready to surrender to the pure deovtee.

Thanks Shiva, am glad to hear that. Relieved actually. Maybe consider signing your name when you dont log in? I think that's where the confusion entered. I sometimes don't log in when I think I will only be here a moment (and it turns out to be longer ha) but then I sign my name. It really helps, and now I see another reason why it is important to do so. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can find the quote from Prabhupada in a heartbeat, but it is exactly as Thiest has said. That is, Prabhupada is quoting his spiriutal master. Do you still want it? Before I open up web pages and search my files ha, please be honest. I dont mind, either way, just let me know.

P.S. Not mad at you Shiva. :-)

Guest guest

Yes I still want the quote - whatever quote you have, and let me know where you found it so I can look at it too.

Oh and, I'm not Shiva. I'm just....

Cheers

Ok, I will go find it, no problem. But I am going to get the short quote I have. There is much more. Matter of fact, once on these very message boards I read a whole thing someone copied and pasted by Prabhupada. It was all about how Muhammed (spelling?) was shaktyavesha avatara and came to elevate the people. A purport or a lecture, something like that. So I know this has been said by him from that perspective too. Anyway, brb /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here ya go /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Revatinandana: I have a question. One of my prabhus told me that you once said that your Guru Maharaja said that Jesus Christ was a saktyavesavatara. Is that correct?

Prabhupada: Yes. Because he said it, it must be correct. Muhammad also, saktyavesavatara." ~ SP, SB 6.127-34, Lecture, Suat, Dec., 17, 1970

~~~**~~~

"So do not think that the Hindus, they have got disregard for Lord Buddha or for Lord Jesus Christ. No. They have all regard. Anyone who comes as representative of God, or as God, as powerful incarnation, they are all welcome. According to time, according to place, according to the audience, they may speak, speak something which is, which may be different from the Vedic conclusion, but they are accepted as powerful incarnations." ~ Srila Prabhupada lecture Sri Caitanya Caritamrta, Madhy lila 20.154-157, NY, Dec 7, 1977

~~~**~~~

".... Mohammed identified himself as a servant of the Supreme Lord. Thus whenever there is a discrepancy in our constitutional position, the Supreme Lord either comes Himself or sends His representative to inform us of the real position of the living entity. ~ Srila Prabhupada, On The Way To Krishna, Chapter 2

When the individual soul is specially empowered by the Supreme Soul, that is called ävesa. He can act almost like God. We accept, according to this ävesa, ävesa-avatära incarnation, authorized incarnation, we accept, my Guru Mahäräja accepted Lord Jesus Christ and Hazrat Muhammad, this ävesa incarnation, almost the same power.

Guest guest

East Meets West

A Conversation Between

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur

and Ohio State University's

Professor Albert E. Suthers

Professor Suthers was in Bombay doing research for his course in comparative religions at Ohio State University. In January of 1929 he went to Calcutta to meet Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, who was at that time in Krishnanagar. The professor heard from him for three consecutive days.

Prof. Suthers: Your Holiness seems to have taken a biased view in saying that the good moral precepts of Christ come nowhere near “the morality of amorous love of the devotees of Krishna”.

Beyond Secular Morality

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta: Certainly not. We claim to be greater and better Christians than Westerners. Our judgement is not restricted only to secular morality. The morality of the object of spiritual love surpasses secular morality. If Christian morality is perfected thereby, then it may be said to receive proper nourishment. To a pure soul that remains situated on that transcendentally moral plane of love, the secular moralities appear reduced to the smallness of pygmies. But there is not found any feeling of apathy, nor attachment towards these secular moralities. On the other hand, all moralities wait like maids behind the spiritual moralities to become glorified, being permitted to serve the Lord of transcendental love. The character of a culturist of spiritual love is never devoid of morality. One hostile to morality or fallen from it can never be a spiritual man. In the blaze of the teaching of Sri Chaitanya Deva’s ideal, it has been propagated that dissoluteness [licentiousness] is not devotion. Its palpable evidence is found when we reflect on the character of Sri Chaitanya Deva or the followers at His heel. The people of the realm of the secular morality concerned with the worldly enjoyments and their renunciation will not be able to grasp in their tiniest brains how the amorous sports of Krishna are fostered by the climax of morality and adored in the highest degree by all the morality of the universe. They are so much glorified by the noble clan of such high personages of strictly continent character as the devotees of Sri Chaitanya Deva like Sri Rupa, Sri Sanatana, Sri Raghunatha Dasa, Sri Raghunatha Bhatta, Sri Gopala Bhatta, etc.

Prof. Suthers: How can your Holiness’s statements be reconciled with the descriptions that are found about Krishna’s amorous sports?

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta: Krishna’s amorous sports are not temporal like the lustful sports of dramatic heroes and heroines like Romeo and Juliet, or even ideal spouses. Lust as prevalent in this world is only a mental passion, but the lust of the transcendental region has its own form. Here lust is always goaded by the enemy passion, whereas in the transcendental region of Krishna, the loveliness of the spiritual body of Krishna ever drives the lust for Krishna, which takes form as sublimated love or the desire to gratify the immaculate senses of Krishna. The conductor of the worldly lust is the enemy (passion), and the conductor of love is Krishna. It is the amorous sports of Krishna that have appropriateness; but there is no such consistency in the lust born of the body and mind of the jiva (living entity). Krishna’s amorous sports are not to be called indecent, because it is Krishna who is the only one unrivalled enjoyer, embodiment of the real truth, and the spiritual despot.

Prof. Suthers: I have been truly astonished to hear from your Holiness these mysteries of the vaisnava philosophy and their scientific analysis with the most reasonable arguments. I could not even imagine before that in the vaisnava philosophy there are such excellent solutions, corroboration and elucidation of the problems of Indian philosophy.

Guest guest

<< I am not considering Geeta but the Veda's does clearly says that Jesus Christ is the "Prajapathy"

Rigveda X:90:7 8220;

Tham yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Sadhya rushayaschaye >>

this is a verse from purusha shukta and has nothing to do with jesus.

please stop . propaganda on vaishnav (hindu) forum.

may do it on a muslim forum instead.

jai sri krishna!

- madhav

The letter which i read was a real shock for me and every Indians(following INDIAN culture;not those vulgar european cultured Indians).

One important thing i have to tell is that one should not tell that other's belief in his Protector is wrong.

Now that these cultureless (European Cultured) men have made such a disfame to the Great Indian Culture,I need to question European culture,their religion,selfishness......

Europeans were just convinced by the missionaries ,who after the pitiful death of the man who claimed himself God.

They wrote a FRAUD book named "HOLY"bible in which jesus

is explained as the son of God and his death is also given another reason-"HE DIED FOR OUR SINS"!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should the son of God die for the cruel people's sins?

One Important note :

"he couldn't save himself then how come he agree to save someone else??"

The body is "naswar-prone to decay"

but soul is not like that.

So the fact that the body of that man disappeared means that someone has stolen it away,not that he escaped with body!

I have proof; In all the movies about him i have seen him suffering too much to carry the cross,sorry "HOLY" cross.

then how can he lift his heavy grave stone to come out of it??

How is the cross important for God since it is an unpleasant thing?

Is it because that that man was crucified?

Then every clever christians should wear a bottle of poison if that man was poisoned to death.Every church would have a large axe on its top if he was axed to death.isn't it?

How come the bible became holy??

I can say .It is written in such a way that every one who is reading it feels that he did a great thing by that and begins to fear about the "temper" of that man's Father whom he told to be up in the heaven(is it sky or heaven in the sky? may be science is false and bible is true).

The missionaries were sent to each and every part of the world to make profit from the bible,ie by converting poor people in return to services.I can say that each and every christian is a missionary . i saw my class mate telling to someone that if we dont believe in jesus we will be sent to hell.

i know another one who is a true christian and he once claimed that he is sure he will go to heaven.but i saw that he did the things which hurt the minds of many people.is it said so in that holy stuff??

Each and every christian groups have a secret agenda to obtain maximum conversions as possible.It is evident from the fact that at the time of starting christianity in India the population of christians was less..what is the case now??

think and answer .Is this right to attack the world's greatest culture by a mere book written by some fake people ?

everyone say that that man's existence had proof in world history.

i can understand.

but there is not yet proved that he is God.

you fools believed the words of profit-oriented,community-centered fathers and bishops who are distributing for free their holy stuff in schools and other organisations!!

from where do they get their finance ?

Foreign agencies provide money for that...........

now it is too late to prevent the christian viruses from destroying the whole culture of our country.

Let the real PARABRAHMA,the ALMIGHTY save us from them...

I have much more to say in my next letter.

None among Jesus,Mohammed.... is the one whom they are supposed to be.

Below are some facts and one who has enough punya with him can understand them:

(The below text is my reply to another site)

Who gives the trinity deities(Brahmadeva,Vishnudeva (or Krishnadeva) and Sivadeva )the shakti to perform all their duties(Creation,Protection,Destruction respectively) assigned to them? Who assigned them these jobs?

I know that. Their Shakti is always with them in female forms.These female forms are none other than their source of power- The one who assigned them their duties.

They cant do anything without their SHAKTI.

For Siva SHE is GOURI,LAKSHMI for Vishnu and VAANI for Brahma.

Now, who assigned them their duties?

Do You know?

The one and only one universal Mother (who is worshipped in several forms having limited powers)

The same AADI PARASHAKTI is above all deities and Trimurtis.

She controls Everything in world.

She cannot be imagined or attained by mere men.

Even the Gods worship her.

In "BRAHMANDA PURANA" Lord Vishnu in Hayagreeva form explained about HER,a part of which can be translated as follows:

"...........................................................

(1) It is better to chant names of vishnu than the Speaking the worldly Great things.(great things include religious books like Quran,Bible...)So you chant his name instead of reading the bible or quran or so..

(2) Siva names are Superior than chanting 1000 Vishnu names.

(3) Each NAME of THE MOTHER PARASHAKTI is Superior than 1000 names of Lord Siva

One person has to undergo all the methods of worship (worshipping prophets then Krishna,Siva Ganapathy,Durga....) in his previous lives before he can get the PUNYA to know the mahatmya of SREE MATHA ,the universal mother.

She is known only by the punya one have done in previous births.

One who is worshipping HER is in his last birth,because he has found out the ultimate beyond which,there is nothing,and will join it after death.................................."

From this I infer that those who follow the deities (with limited powers and those who follow prophets who claims to be Gods) ,need to do PUNYA KARMA in order to get the opportunity to worship the one whom their Gods worship.

Even after reading this you are not agreeing with me then I infer that your Punya is not enough to understand this fact.

Anyway one is free to worship anyone since SHE is in everything.ALL our prayers and worships (in any methods)

ultimately go to HER (who created the ten avatars of Vishnu from the nails of HER finger and on Whose openings and closing of Eyes the Galaxies are created and destroyed.

May SHE Give you the power to understand this.

....OM SREE LALITHAMBIKAYAI NAMAHA OM..........

Guest guest

You are right about Christians. They are a crafty lot, and I feel Muslims are a lot better. As for India, I think it is the greatest civlization ever, and it is India's responsibility to destroy false religion all over the world and establish (Hindu)Dharma.

India is destined to be a spiritual leader. Hindus need to realize this, and work toward civilizing the savages in the west and elsewhere. I believe that's what great men, including SP, tried to do. And that noble mission should continue until the west gives up false religion and surrenders to Dharma.

Superman

Guest guest

if Hindus fail to civilize the savages in the west, Krishna will never forgive them. SP made that very clear.

Guest guest

So who is this "Prajapathy" according to you?

what you are saying, Jesus is son of God. He is a saviour of world.

Guest guest

dont you think looking back in the past that religion is part of the human brain psyche, just like we have a part to love we have many storys about love like roma and juliet, or as we have a part of the brain that hates, we have storys, movies, criminals, just the same we have a part of the brain that is religious, this is why we have so many different religions , belive system. It is sort of hardwired in our brain?

Even tho it is hardwired, I do belive in a god, and I do belive that this god is Krishna, if god wasent krishna, he would never let us follow a religion that is not by his name,, why would he trouble us like this ?? Christanity is just the hardcore way of reaching god and krishna concinouness, he scares us with the devil, hell, and heaven, and trys his best to scare us into loving him and worshiping him , and if we dont, we will get punished in hell, God would never tho let us suffer for eternity, he barely likes us suffering here in the material world, do you think he would want us even in a worse place then this, without ever having a chance to forgive him and love him? Krishna is reaching to us in many different ways, god wants us to belive him, but each of us souls, are unique, and have a different way and life style, different condtions and ways of growing up, that makes other religions more appeling, but at the end, we will still find love of god, if the religion is truly a religion.

The conversation Between Srila Bhaktisiddhanta and whatsit? Is truly enlightening.

I revere Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja from the core of my heart.

Whenever he would come across a Mayavadi,he would rush to him,hold him tight and Shake him.

None of the Mayavadis had the courage to even look in the eyes of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja.

Jaya Jaya !!

Krishna - God , Vaheguru,Allah,Lord , Father ,

Jesus ,Guru Nanak, Srila Prabhupad ,Mohammed - messengers who never claimed to be god , but only refer to themselves as the servant of God.

God is what u want - Just GOD