IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
I_love_krishna_

Effects of Mantra chanting on the weather

Rate this topic

Is this just a thought out of delusion or am I right?

Whenever I chant the Hare Krishna mantra, or just krishna... it starts to rain! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is this one of the "powers" of the mantra? or Am I just being a little superstitious?

I was going through the same thing. I don't know for certain anymore if it affects the weather but I know since I have been chanting Hare Krishna that I am losing attachment for my physical body so I don't really feel affected by changes in weather even if the weather goes to extremes. I think chanting the Hare Krishna mantra makes you more sensitive to what is happening in the universe and consequently you may notice things more closely than somone who is struggling with their fear of annihilation. Not everyone is experiencing the weather in the same way.

Guest guest

Its been raining constantly where I live, and in many areas of the USA there is flooding. So am not sure its the mantra causing rain, but am sure it can get us off the bodily concept! :-) I do agree, however, that the Maha Mantra "can" cause it to rain, but unless you look up the weather ahead of time and 'then' chant, 'then' see what happens, its more likely suppose to happen anyway. Or you could go back if they have archives and see what kind of weather was predicted for that day you chanted and it rained out. However, these things are not so important. That we learn to love and serve Krishna, is. :-)

YS,

Prtha dd

P.S. I also think Ancient makes a good point that chanting Hare Krishna increases our overall sensitivity or awareness regarding what goes on around us.

He has lots of karma to deal with but he is fundamentally a good natured human. He grew up with 7th Day Adventism stuffed down his throat day and night so anything to do with eastern religions is seen as demonic or whatever. I pray the Lord will forgive him and ease his karma because he did it out of ignorance.

I agree. That certianly was a violent reaction! I'm sorry this happened. The 7th Day Adventist thing explains a lot of it. Most of our nondevotee parents didn't have a clue what Krishna consciousness was all about, and out of fear some even had some weird concepts about us.

My parents were initially not so found of when I joined the movement. But after a visit to the temple, my mother, a Catholic, said "They just like the Catholics." ha Between the incense, holy water, even the Deities, and especially that the men and women lived separately, she ended up feeling much better. Over the years, it became no big deal.

Later found out (from her) that my older brother wanted to have my deprogramed! He actually presented that idea to my parents. Fortunately they said if I leave the movement, it had to be by choice. Phew! I was shocked (and angry!) to find out he even made such a suggestion, and that it came that close. He really wanted to do it. I never knew until years later. I thank Krishna for protecting me!