IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
DarkEye

Original BhagavadGita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The original bhagavatgita is a conversation b/w Lord Krishna and Arjuna which was compiled by Lord Vedavyasa.

Haribol#

I was asked this question in a room in Paltalk, and I gave the answer that it must be somewhere in India!, after that I was banned from the Room!, I guess my stupidly was too much for the Admin.

The person also asked "is the Gita kept in a museum"

I said "if y get a copy of Gita by SP, place a glass case over it, and put it in a room, you have a museum piece" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Did I say anything wrong!

Guest guest

The Gita was 1st sung to the Sun god Vivisvan 120,000,000

years ago according to the Bhagavad Gita As It Is. Can some

one give a verse and reference for this fact.

thank you

yours in service to the Lord

The person also asked "is the Gita kept in a museum"

I said "if y get a copy of Gita by SP, place a glass case over it, and put it in a room, you have a museum piece"

Did I say anything wrong!

Absolutely not. They simply didn't understand that this piece is the actual commentary contained in this book which is a true piece to be kept for eternity in our hearts.

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!!

BG 4.1:

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvän, and Vivasvän instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Ikshväku.

Purport: (section)

"In the beginning of the Tretä-yuga [millennium] this science of the relationship with the Supreme was delivered by Vivasvän to Manu. Manu, being the father of mankind, gave it to his son Mahäräja Ikñväku, the King of this earth planet and forefather of the Raghu dynasty in which Lord Rämacandra appeared. Therefore, Bhagavad-gétä existed in the human society from the time of Mahäräja Ikñväku."

At the present moment we have just passed through five thousand years of the Kali-yuga, which lasts 432,000 years. Before this there was Dväpara-yuga (800,000 years), and before that there was Tretä-yuga (1,200,000 years). Thus, some 2,005,000 years ago, Manu spoke the Bhagavad-gétä to his disciple and son Mahäräja lkñväku, the King of this planet earth. The age of the current Manu is calculated to last some 305,300,000 years, of which 120,400,000 have passed. Accepting that before the birth of Manu, the Gétä was spoken by the Lord to His disciple, the sun-god Vivasvän, a rough estimate is that the Gétä was spoken at least 120,400,000 years ago; and in human society it has been extant for two million years. It was respoken by the Lord again to Arjuna about five thousand years ago. That is the rough estimate of the history of the Géta, according to the Gétä itself and according to the version of the speaker, Lord Çré Kåñëa. It was spoken to the sun-god Vivasvän because he is also a kñatriya and is the father of all kñatriyas who are descendants of the sun-god, or the sürya-vaàça kñatriyas. Because Bhagavad-gétä is as good as the Vedas, being spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, this knowledge is apauruñeya, superhuman. Since the Vedic instructions are accepted as they are, without human interpretation, the Gétä must therefore be accepted without mundane interpretation. The mundane wranglers may speculate on the Gétä in their own ways, but that is not Bhagavad-gétä as it is. Therefore, Bhagavad-gétä has to be accepted as it is, from the disciplic succession, and it is described herein that the Lord spoke to the sun-god, the sun-god spoke to his son Manu, and Manu spoke to his son Ikñväku."

Sorry for the bad letters in the text.

Guest guest

the original gita originally - ancien times - was kept in the memory of people in disciplic succession. the vedic people in ancient times had vast memory and that was more than enough to memorize all scipturtes.

when kali yuga started some 5000 years ago, vyasa dev knew that people in kali yuga will not have memory and not much time to study scriptures. therefore he wrote it done on bark (bhoj patra). then many copes were made by disciples in parampara, and older copies just disintegrated over time, and only the newer ones survived.

this is bound to happen to any book of the world.

now we have CD's to keep scripures.

but still it is not infallible.

a nucuear war (my guess is that a muslim country will start it within 30 years) will/could destroy all computers and computer technology knowledge. then after most people will live on land, and when a CD is found by their archeologists, they will wonder as to what it is and will take several hundred years for them to develop comouter technology to read that CD. i do not wish it to happen but it is a possibility.

if however a few people who have memorized gita and understand it well survive a nucuear great ww, then they will be able to re-write gita again for the benefit of all the mankind. if all fails, then krishna has promised in gita that He himself will come again and re-tell gita, as he did 5000 years ago.

paritraNaya sadhunam vinashaya cha duskritam

dharma sansthapanaya sambhavami yuge yuge

he ha said.

jai sri krishna!

Shri Shri Guru Gauranga Jayatah !!!

From the Chapter 10 of the Bhagvad Gita:

Verse 10:

To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Verse 11:

Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shinning lamp of devotional knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

Please search in your heart sincerely. The most merciful Lordships Shri Shri Radha Govinda will reveal the "Original Gita" and much much more...

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare