IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
M_Mehdi

Hi everyone... i'm new here...

Rate this topic

Salaam (peace) ...

this is what we say to say hi /images/graemlins/smile.gif... in the place i was born... in Iran... i reside now in the USA...i found this site by accident (if you believe that) and have found enough good people and reasons to register and say hello.. in hopes to better learn and understand...

please don't hate on me because of my name and background... at least wait until you get to know me /images/graemlins/wink.gif... heheh.. i only say this because i see allot of very heated debates here between krishna and allah... (if you know what i mean)

i've studied many of the worlds sprituality and have found commom ground in all... and i am continuing my studies every day... may God guide my way to his path...

i would like to learn more from all of you guys... so maybe i can start with a simple question...

what does the phrase Hare Krishna mean?

much love and may peace be on you...

muhammad /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Salaam and shanti (peace) to you brother soul Muhammad.

I am so sleepy now and must rest but others will answer your kind question.

I was just so inspired by your gentle demeanor that I had to offer you my respects and welcome first.

Hare Krsna

Salam alekum... /images/graemlins/smile.gif and Welcome, I hope our differences show the similarities with in us.

Hare Krishna basically means this...

Krishna= The supreme lord of everything. Everything would be not just this universe but many universes in this realm and other realms.

Krishna also means the one who is made of love, full of bliss, full of opulence and contains all qualities.

Hare= The supreme pleasure potency of the lord.

There is a deeper meaning behind this saying:

You see, we are also a type of "energy" of the lord, this energy is the marginal energy which consists of living entities - all the living beings.

There is also one more energy of the Lord :

This material world which is - everything that you see around you, even your body and this universe is the "Material energy" of the Lord.

So, when the sparks of life (living entities) come in contact with the material energy(which is a lower form of energy) we suffer.

You can see the cases of suffering all around us. Many people today are starving, living in hate, living in ignorance or they are just unhappy with their lives. Also we are affected by diseases and other miseries.

So, what we need to do, is associate with the higher energy of the lord which is the spiritual energy of the lord- so that we can realize who we really are.

So, we call out for "Hare" the spiritual energy in order to reach our supreme lord.

--------------------------

So when you say "Hare krishna", it means that you are crying out for Allah/Krishna- just like a little baby who is crying for its mother.

thank you theist and I_love_krishna for the warm welcome... and for the definition... i find myself doing exactly that many times... and now i know another mantra on how to say it...

i've seen people start a post with Hare Krishna... can you also use it as a greeting... or was the use of it... for guidence before posting?

sorry if my question seem so simple... i hope my ignorance does not offend anyone...

peace be on you

Hare Krsna

i've seen people start a post with Hare Krishna... can you also use it as a greeting... or was the use of it... for guidence before posting?

Both, and more. You see our aim is to remember the Lord at every nano second of our lives and for all eternity. And to inspire others to remember God as well. We believe the highest good for all living beings, both materially and spiritualy, comes by remebering God.

The easiest way to remember God is through His name.

We also accept that spiritual purification of our sinful natures will come through hearing and remebering God's names. That is to say, His names are inherently spiritualy powerful.

And beyond spiritual purification those names of God can themselves bestow or awaken love for Him from within our hearts. This is our ultimate goal, to love Him with every fiber of our being from the deepest core of our hearts.

Wish this for ourselves and for all others so we like to always say Hare Krsna.

It should be noted that we accept that God has unlimited names. The Christians have some names, Muslims have some names. We offer all praise to those names as well. Generally God accepts names according to His atributes and characteristics. Those being without limit his names are also without limit.

What ever name someone is attracted to we only request that they deepen that attraction as we try to deepen ours.

I am most atracted to the name Krsna so I usually say,

Hare Krsna

The Poster "Mehdi" never talked about Muslim invasions and Muslim atrocities or Hindu atrocities.

If you raise such issues now here, the basic reaction from a commoner(like me) and also an intellectual (like any one else here , including yourself) would be negative.

It is better for us to forget the past and concentrate on the present.

If we wish to find the answers to our life's problems or things that happened in the past , it is better to develop equanmity and unconditional global consciousness centered on the one reality.

Oh yea, Mehdi is a hindi word too, it is used for a paste which is put on the hand and comes in various designs.

Stop starting fights with people who come in peace!!!! Admin...delete his post please and this one and others that have responded to his c_ap!!

I beg everyone to please not fall into Madhav's trap and to please not respond to his post.

Hare Krishna! Welcome to the site! I just started chanting the Hare Krishna mantra about two months ago. From what I've gathered, it means, O God (Krishna), O Energy of God, please engage me in your service. We are all servants of God, but because of the material world, we have forgotten this, which is our true identity. By chanting this mantra, Krishna Consciousness, which is already inside of you, will be gradually uncovered and revealed. It's good to see you here. Hare Krishna and Allah Acbar!

Muhammad, I apologize for this interloper. He appears to be a Hindu fanatic, and he has tried to hijack many, many threads on this board with his anti-Muslim rants and exhortations that Hare Krishna devotees join him in his hatred of Islam. Moreover, he attacks every Muslim who comes here as if they were core members of Al-qaeda. Almost every one of us on this board has expressed our exasperation with him.

I agree that the best policy is simply not to engage with madhav at all. If we ignore him, he's likely to eventually tire of his game and go somewhere else. I see no other alternative, since the administrators (unlike almost every participant) seem to think his presence here is acceptable .

Muhammad, most of us are happy to have you here. We are willing to share our understanding of sanatana-dharma or Vedic religion, without. And many of us are eager to hear your understanding of Islam, especially with all the attention it has gotten in the press over the last seveal years. Many of us are very likely to show interest in anything in our two approaches to God that are in accord.

Babhru das

Guest guest

Admin5: livingentity, we can only delete Madhav's post, if we remove it, it will take with it any replies to it, such as stonehearted's.

This should be considered a final warning to Madhav, posting as a guest, that he will be banned if he continues on this way.

Hare Krishna,

thank you again all of you for such the warm welcome... and knowledge..

and btw... what happened? who posted what? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

now i'm curious...

whatever it was... it's nice to see the people of the house being so kind... i truely appreciate the consideration and resepect all of you have shown...

please bare with me... i'm sure i'll keep asking questions... i just deleted a couple of question that i wanted to ask... and i have many... i will start a new thread (God willing) ...

much love and thanks again...

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wish to welcome you also and greatly appreciate your gentle manner and your politeness. It is nice to have you here.

I also want to apologize although it appears that you did not see Madhav's post but because of our responses to it you know that something happened.