IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Vegan Theist!

Rate this topic

Today I met Adiraja dasa, he wrote a cookbook in the 80's. Now BBT is helping him to write a Hare Krsna vegan book. Very cool /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

He needs ideas and sugestion from vegan devotees like you /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Want to contact him?

Hey atma that is great news! It really brightened my morning up.

Unfortunately I don't cook much other than to steam some veggies, so I don't really have any receipes to share. It would be nice to see a section on nut smoothies though. Devotees will need to concentrate a little more on how to get calcium and nuts and seeds are an excellent source.

If I can find some good source for receipies I'll post them on the health forum.

Hare Krsna

I just went to google and ran a search on 'vegan nut smoothies' and tons of pages came up, so that is an excellent resource.

Devotees like to offer rich and tasty preps so I think a book that ran the range from very simple meals, saving on time etc. to more involved ones would be well received.

I have seen vegans at sunday feasts not sure of what they could or could not take because everything either contained dairy or was cooked in ghee.

Some separate vegan faire would solve that. Afterall these are people working hard against animal slaughter who feel they must refuse prasad due its perceived connection with cow slaughter. There is something wrong with that picture.

theist: I have seen vegans at sunday feasts not sure of what they could or could not take because everything either contained dairy or was cooked in ghee.

Some separate vegan faire would solve that. Afterall these are people working hard against animal slaughter who feel they must refuse prasad due its perceived connection with cow slaughter. There is something wrong with that picture.

Babhru: I agree. I think the best solution may be what Srila Prabhupada wanted and we have been unable to do: temples supporting cow protection by buying milk from protected cows rather than blood-milk factory outlets. More realistically, though, I think some consideration could be made for our guests whose convictions (or health) preclude their eating milk products, especially if commercially produced. At the San Diego temple, we usually had two or three vegan preparations for Sunday feasts (they rarely use ghee for deep frying except for big festivals, and then only if it's donated) and the devotees serving were quite happy to let guests know what was vegan and what was not.