IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subala

Vote on gay bishop-elect to go ahead (cnn.com)

Rate this topic

Thanks God we have parampara. Or with all this Galva we may have to do same thing in ISKCON.

GBC vote for 1st gay Guru in ISKCON - imagine how it will look?!

it still may come to this if we patronage gay movement in ISKCON.

If you gay plz do not feel offended. It is just gross form of sex as it can be, except sex with animals may be. But 4 principles are there and you do not follow them... or may be we should add correction to 1st principle - no illicit sex, man or women; no intoxication etc...

Subala: If you gay plz do not feel offended. It is just gross form of sex as it can be, except sex with animals may be. But 4 principles are there and you do not follow them... or may be we should add correction to 1st principle - no illicit sex, man or women; no intoxication etc...

Subal, you may not be aware that many devotees who are gay do follow all four regulative principles. For you to accuse them of not following is a serious mistake.

gay and follow 4 reg principles?

ok this is deep for me at least. How you feel 10 years down the road - gay Guru maharajA!

I want to say - Oh Jesus!

opps.

what else I can say?! I better leave this subject alone.

So if they are following the 4 regs and chanting etc. then they are vaisnavas following proper sadhana. I offer them my respects.

But then why do they want to change everyone's view on homosexuality? if they are as above then they should also be past (at least theoretically) identifying themselves as homo's. It wouldn't be an issue.

"Subal, you may not be aware that many devotees who are gay do follow all four regulative principles. For you to accuse them of not following is a serious mistake."

Prabhu, if they follow the four regulative principals that are explained here, then how can they call themselves gay?

An individual is a homosexual if he or she participates in sexual acts with the same sex.

ILK: Prabhu, if they follow the four regulative principals that are explained here, then how can they call themselves gay?

An individual is a homosexual if he or she participates in sexual acts with the same sex.

Babhru: Wrong. Someone is homosexual if their sexual/romantic attraction is for those of the same sex, just as someone is heterosexual if their sexual attraction is for those of the opposite sex. Many gay and straight people have never had sex, but they know who attracts them, even though they don't act on it. Being gay or straight has to do with the way the mind and body are made up, not with behavior.

In fact, I have known many gay devotees (and nondevotees) ho abstain from sex altogether, just as I have known many (many more, of course) straight devotees and nondevotees who abstain from sex for one reason or another.

I hope this helps clear things up a little for you, Subala, and Pritha. I don't think it's so hard to comprehend, although it may require a little mental stretching.

we go. The "G" word and the "H" word rear their ugly little heads over and over.

Don't we have anything else to discuss anymore? I really do believe that each and everyone of us knows where the others stand and this subject causes us all to get into heated arguments over and over. Our "debates" on this distasteful subject is not going to do anything other than piss us off at others that we otherwise have no problem with.

I will not participate in these "G" and "H" threads anymore unless I go crazy and suddenly can no longer control myself. My energy is best put to use in other thoughts and discussions.

I also will not participate in Muslim vs Hindu threads and also Ritvik threads (unless again I become crazed and loose control).

If anyone catches me in any of those discussions - please gently bring me back to some semblance (is that a real word?) of santity (are we really sane?) so I will stop.

Oh, and I need to add Sai Baba threads to my list.

"ok this is deep for me at least. How you feel 10 years down the road - gay Guru maharajA!

I want to say - Oh Jesus!

opps.

what else I can say?! I better leave this subject alone."

------------------------

If a gay is one who has sexual attraction toward the same sex but never indulges in sexual acts with the same sex, then what is wrong in having a gay guru?

But don't you see, the attraction never ends in this material body.

Unless the person really comes to such a status that he thinks nothing of this world and only of krishna and for people who wake up and walk and run and eat and sleep ... it is not possible ... ever.

Unless we get out of these bodies and live with out a body, it is never possible for us to live with out eating , drinking, sleeping.

These are necessary functions to carry out and their resultant would be attraction... they can deny it and stay away from attraction by not acting on it, but they cannot fight maya...

If you are drowning in the sea, how the heck are you going to stay away from water? it is not possible... but you can swim and not drown in the sea. Similarly, people still have attraction... I don't think you can ever get away from it.